Options

Ask Cryptic: May 2013 - Submit Your Questions, Please! [Now Closed]

Comments

• Options
    aexraelaexrael Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Q) Any updates on the Romulan Scimitar?

Q) Will Romulans get a carrier?

Q) Will the UI ever be updated to support/show hangar pets?

Q) Will the Foundry ever get an update to support making team missions, such as Fleet Events and STFs?

Q) For those of us with left over Lobi Crystals, is there going to be a way to transfer them to our upcoming Romulan character? Or make Lobi crystals account wide instead?

Q) Any thoughts towards a BOFF revamp; mechanics, AI, traits, companion (SWTOR/Neverwinter) like system?

Q) Any update/progress on the Armor slot idea?

Q) Any update/progress towards making Captain max rank, it's still a often discussed topic?
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cptbrettle wrote: »
    Is there a possibility of releasing a tier upgrade for current ships, i.e. TOS enterprise could be used at tier 5?

That is a long shot. It's hard enough to get CBS to agree to a T5 Constitution Refit version, you can just about count a T5 TOS Enterprise and NX-01 as a definite no-no.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    paganbladepaganblade Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The ground missions were always a weakness in STO. Has there been any significant changes to the ground game in Legacy of Romulus to make the missions more enjoyable?
  • Options
    spacecadet2011spacecadet2011 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    otowi wrote: »
    I can answer this one right now. The answer is no, not a chance. The new films is not owned by CBS, but rather Paramount (I think, correct me if I'm wrong).

So the chances of seeing the JJ Enterprise is extremely slim to none at all.

Now, my question for ask Cryptic is one that many are asking. With the release of LoR looming ever closer, will you have the servers fixed in time so that we will not see any more annoying server crashes??

The entire series, including the 2009 and 2013 movies, are owned by paramount.
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like to know about the Equipable Warp Cores I have been hearing so much about in both the Tribble Forum and on last weekend's livestream by BranFlakes. I understand the Romulans will get the Singularity Core but what will the Federation and KDF get in regards?

Will they have bonus abilities like with the Singularity Core?

Are there going to be modifications to existing Equipment Sets in regards to this new mechanic?
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    athourstathourst Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will there be a 2409 Mirror Universe Uniform?
    Can we also have the Mirror Universe Salute Emote?
  • Options
    greyfox1974greyfox1974 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got a pretty valid and good question, when the expansion LOR goes live, I seen the size so far of what you have on the beta and dare is say when it goes live with all the extra content that will come in with it on day of launch, it is safe to say the expansion will be a pretty massive patch, my question is, r you going to implement it all over a few days leading upto the launch then one patch on the day to activate it or are you goin to just make it patch the WHOLE lot on the day???
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When will the Foundry get more love? Even a small-ish update, like unlocking C-store costumes or adding more Contacts, would be great.

Will we get payable Reman-designed starships at one point?

Can you tell us anything about the next lockbox?

Will STO be doing anything to celebrate the release of Star Trek Into Darkness?

The last episode of the Fek'Ihri arc kind of left us with a cliffhanger. Will we ever see a continuation of that storyline?

Are any of the Federation or Klingon missions slated for remastering at some point?

What will the next season/release after Legacy of Romulus bring to STO?

Will we ever see a mission (or missions) that take us back in time to the Enterprise-era? A story involving the Earth/Romulan war would be awesome.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    jolaujolau Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will we see a Romulan version of the D-7/K'Tinga?
  • Options
    themasta897themasta897 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there an ETA on the crafting and exploration revamp?
  • Options
    gespensterjaegergespensterjaeger Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    questions for may 2013

Question one: Will legacy pack and all its pre order bonuses appear on steam?
    titles and nemesis costume ? and duty officers ?

Questions two: will more payment options be added to legacy pack and all its pre order bonuses ? ive tried 4 times to buy this pack but paypal and skrill does not work. STEAM is a good idea.

question three: will jem hadar dreadnaught ever get frigates not locked to a very expensive ship that no one can get ?

question four: will schimitar be 1000 day ship ? and when can you get it ?
    If only they fix Cloaking bugg :( *new message BOOM decloacked.
  • Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In the previous ask cryptic, I had asked a question in reguards to Romulans getting stf gear, and the responce didnt really clarify if things were in motion in terms of seeing something for the romulans in terms of Special Task Force Gear. Now it was said that romulans will gain the allied factions stf gear, are there plans on creating a set unique to the Romulan Republic? If not why?If in developement any pics we can possibly see? :)

We all know the Romulans have had many dealings with the Borg, and yes let it be an assumption but.. one would think with the amount of times they problably had to deal with the borg, in recovering tech from them.. they would of had to create their own anti borg personal armor.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • Options
    theparanoidtheparanoid Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What the eta for getting this bug fixed? http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=8087391&postcount=2

Also what the eta for fix the issues with omega rep and Klingon uniforms not unlocking despite paying the dilthium for the custom unlock?
  • Options
    smoovioussmoovious Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sulac74 wrote: »
    Will we ever see an improvement to the exchange where we can search for doffs by traits instead of having to scroll through 400 at a time to find the one we're looking for?

Sulac
    That reminds me of something else...

The ability to show a list of the most recent of any type, or the most oldest of any type, in the exchange.

So if I set the exchange to search for "oldest" or "newest" in the search bar, plus whatever other filters from the pulldowns...

Would be nice to just go through a list of what was recently added.

-- Smoov
  • Options
    jnohdjnohd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    • Will there be a new Fleet Holding with the LoR expansion?

• How long will it take for NW Foundry features (like 3D object manipulation) to become available in STO?

• The Romulan characters are getting Romulan-only features (DOffs, etc) - will there be Fed-Only (not Romulan) and Klingon-only DOffs, etc, which are denied them?
    Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
    ALL HOLDINGS FINISHED! - Starbase 5-5-5-5 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
    A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
    Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there an ETA on the crafting and exploration revamp?

And as an add-on, don't give us that "we have a foundry" nonsense to justify not improving exploration either.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    daelosprimedaelosprime Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1) When is the Beta going to turn open for those of us who didn't get an invite?

2) The stock Romulan Bridges are phenomenal! But that makes all the Fed and KDF bridges, even the "premium" ones bought through the C-store feel cheap. Are retrofits for these bridges going to filter in as the Legacy Expansion progresses?

3) With Fed and KDF characters able to obtain Romulan/Reman Sets through the Rep system are the Romulans going to have a Fed/KDF Rep system allowing them to get a special Fed/KDF set?

4) Any teasers you can reveal to us about special Romulan-only outfits?

5) With the Romulan choice between Federation and Klingon fleets how will fleet/teaming work? I'm confused on how this "fusion" will manifest (ie: appearance in fleet roster, ease of teaming for Fleet Mark missions, etc).
  • Options
    piratefanpiratefan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have an observation and a question. Recently I got a new computer that runs Windows 8. STO runs great on it even though my fleetmates warned me on some issues with running STO on a Windows 8 OS. At the worst possible time (usually during combat) the window charm thingy keeps coming up and interfere with gameplay. It annoying at best.

My question is: Will STO in the future be modify to run flawlessly with Window 8?
  • Options
    smazazelsmazazel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With some of the new multi-choice dialogs will we ever get like a morality meter or "honor/rebel" system where the options we pick actually matter? Like if you spare or kill the Gasko Station commander, there a more and more of those
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any plans on giving NPCs ragdoll physics on death like Neverwinter?
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can you give us some examples of ways STO will benefit from improvements being made in Neverwinter? I know a question about the Foundry was already asked, but what of costumes, weapons, improvements to ground combat mechanics? Perhaps an auction house using dilithium?
  • Options
    gornman47gornman47 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Dan just a few questions,

#1 What will be the focus of the next major update?

#2 What type of C-store items will we see for LoR besides the TOS Romulan uniform and ships?

#3 Are there plans to feature a Romulan Flag ship just like the Odyssey and the Bortas (I think it's called)?

#4 Any plans on adding more sector blocks in the near future?

#5 Tell us something we don't know about anything you guys have planned for us in the coming year. please.
    Q: [quoting Hartley] "Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays..."
  • Options
    jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With Legacy of Romulus about to be released, what will be the next focus for the Cryptic team? What can we look forward to seeing in the next Season?

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Two this time

Are there any plans to provide a TOS interior for the Romulan ships ?

Any chance of a pet Saur for the Gorn? (non combat)
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    ripp62ripp62 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can we expect Lifetime subscription sale ?
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is the STO Dev team size still growing, or has it capped for now?

Will you be maintaining the 6 day development cycle after "Legacy of Romulus" has gone to Holodeck?

What are the current plans/ideas about the Update that comes after "Legacy of Romulus"?
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    burstdragon323burstdragon323 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dan, two questions.

1-Will there be other non-warbird science vessels post LOR launch, such as captured Elachi ships?

2-I was tole recently that the -Repel value for Gravity well was a tech issue, and I was wondering, are there plans to visit this tech? Gravity Well's repel value is useless as the game is now due to the skill revamp.
  • Options
    rickysmith1rickysmith1 Member Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the new enviroments within Legacy of Romulus are beautiful and a real testament to the Development Teams skill and dedication. There has also been mentioned a plan/intention to review and polish all of the previous created story content.
    This got me pondering; Is there any plans to revisit the Interiors of the Federation and Klingon ships? This includes the obvious potential of the new Warp Core Slot effecting the players Engineering Interior.
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    Episode One - A Single Moment Episode Two - Infancy Episode Three - Unto the Breach
    Episode Four - Head Of A Needle Episode Five: The Duality of Men Episode Six - Redemption Earned
    Episode Seven - Shattered Universe Episode Eight - The Gepetto Condition Episode Nine - One Room, Two Officers
    Episode Ten - Beyond The Farthest Star Episode Eleven - It's OK, It Won't Hurt Episode Twelve - A Protracted Officer
    Episode Thirteen - Somewhen Episode Fourteen - The Boy Who Lived Episode Fifthteen - Empathy
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what impact the poll you took some months ago has on your schedule?

i'm asking this because most wanted there have been playable rommies. now we get: playable rommies (thx for that ;)).

so... i'm not sure if i remember correctly. what was 2nd in that poll? klingon content? 3rd pvp? :)
    or in short: can you tell us what the next update will be about? :D
  • Options
    mcitoshimcitoshi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With the nice big expansion and hopefuly lots of new customers to impress, is there any chance you could spare some time to fix the wonky sector block transitions around the galaxy one and for all ?

warping in backwards and having to do 180? turn is getting very old, about 3 years old :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.