test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unscheduled/Emergency Network Maintenance (May 9, 2013) (Complete!)

Comments

• Options
    kreugekreuge Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Hi Captains,

While the team is working to bring up all Cryptic services, we will conduct this week's Holodeck maintenance to avoid scheduled downtime on Thursday.

Patch note:

Focus target should now work on the French client again.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\="

I thought the reason for the extra down time the other day was so that Thursday would not be needed. Sounds like they have no idea what they are spouting off about.
  • Options
    sabotage82sabotage82 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, so Cryptic and PWE have ANOTHER outage now? But they said yesterday they were going to do a maintenance to prevent any outage today. And for some reason every time I log in today I get stuck. I can't collect rewards for duty officer missions, I can't do anything. I can't move and of course cryptic claims everything is working...
  • Options
    chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yet again more downtime. what fun.(NOT)
    What is cryptic going to do,to reward us for our patience and loyalty to this game??????
    I mean substantial valuable rewards too.
  • Options
    xariamaxariama Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Eh, oh well. Got other things to occupy my time with. Like housework.
    Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Launch of STO = Failed. baad servers, bad 3-4 hour ques.
    Launch of beta NW= Failed. servers again, bad ques again.
    Launch of Legacy = ?

Given the amount of ****ups with the seasons, due to server problems and lags etc.... every season there has been bad bad servers....

what makes someone think that the launch of the expansion is going to be anything else than a total disaster? given that NW is not even working and they have to bring down servers every day it seems...

explain to me how they are NOT going to fail

Don't worry, I have a few of those in my garage. Oh, wait.. Those are the ones leased to Cryptic.
  • Options
    general1devongeneral1devon Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    THIS annoys me too!! always rest of world suffers not the USA lol i say NOOOOOOOOOO! lol
    Since I actually pay subscription for this game I kind of wonder, can I get some kind of compensation cause I am in actuality not getting what I paid for.

if it says 30 days of game time. its suppose to be 30 days. if we count off the amount of maintanence due to Neverworking etc then it is not actually 30 days is it? its more like 29 days or 28 days.

and im not talking of the schedualled maintanence, those I can live with, but 3 in a week. no no no

as far as I know down time is not counted.
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    THIS annoys me too!! always rest of world suffers not the USA lol i say NOOOOOOOOOO! lol

Your Biased TRIBBLE TRIBBLE signature annoys me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    I almost changed my Sig pic again well.

Shall we Begin My Army of FORUM TROLLS SHALL WE BEGIN!!!!!

Awww, and I thought it was going to be an "into darkness" clip ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    duraminduramin Member Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    Ah, look Captain, the Server is Gorn again..time to have dinner, guess a long one :D
  • Options
    captsolcaptsol Member Posts: 921 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nothing, welcome to playing an MMO. Downtime is part of making sure the game works. Carry on.
  • Options
    zardonfarzardonfar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm sure you will make it up to us.. Oh wait.. No.. No you won't.
  • Options
    xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sabotage82 wrote: »
    But they said yesterday they were going to do a maintenance to prevent any outage today.

And this maintenance is to prevent outages tomorrow. And tomorrow...
  • Options
    spearhawk2013spearhawk2013 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Solution is simple.

1. separate the games.
    2. different server parks for the different games.
    3. stop this TRIBBLE with merging mail etc with the perfect world accounts.

totally separate the game so that one game does not affect the other game.

easy.
  • Options
    alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Indeed! We should get nothing, and like it. It's a F2P MMORPG. You're paying nothing (unless you want to), and they're providing you a game to play.

Carry on.
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    decronia wrote: »
    They may actually be more stable than the ones Cryptics seems to have at the moment. Can you point them in the right direction ;)

Yes Bran we know todays maintanance took place last time the servers went down. However saing that there would be no maintainence was plain daft it would have just been safer to say nothing then it couldn't have been used as it has been.

Don't worry. I have about 15 Soviet Bloc servers sitting in my garage. Oh, I leased them to Cryptic last month... I guess maybe I should go and give them a quick kick... It might make them work right.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't even patch. Consider yourself lucky.
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm laughing my head off at how many of you complainers don't even speak English well enough to know what unscheduled means.

Complaining about the time "chosen" for "unscheduled" maintenance. I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask a bunch of you to leave the interwebz. It's not for you.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Saw the ingame message and was very pleased you did this! So no prob with this downtime!
    Wish you success!
  • Options
    chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    captsol wrote: »
    Nothing, welcome to playing an MMO. Downtime is part of making sure the game works. Carry on.

Do me a favour. read what people feel about this,then comment again.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So... you did Maintainance on Tuesday instead of Thursday, hoping to avoid having downtime on Thursday, only to have to do Emergency Unscheduled Maintainance on Thursday anyway?

I'm reminded of an old saying about "If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans"...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Like many of us, I'm sure, I am becoming increasingly concerned about the hardwares ability to cope with the predictable surge in connections on LoR day.

The many outages we've experienced lately, both scheduled and unscheduled, do not inspire confidence.

However, I'd be far more sanguine if Branflakes was able to stop dancing around the issue and speak plainly.

It seems to me that Cryptic made an error recently when they launched NW and did not predict that the increased traffic would overload their systems.

There has been no real acknowledgement, or even outright denial, of that.

If these recent maintainances are designed to massively upgrade the capacity of the hardware in preparation of LoR day, then come right out and say it. Be specific, not vague.

A comparison of how much traffic the hardware can bear after these maintainances, as opposed to how much the server was able to bear on the 3 year anniversary launch would be instructive.

We know that on the 3 year anniversary, hardware was unable to cope with the demand and massive queues resulted.

Telling us precisely how much better the hardware will be, compared to that day, would go a long way to calming peoples fears for LoR day.
  • Options
    dank65dank65 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jeff3277 wrote: »
    Well, I'm going to burst some bubbles here. For all you people crying about the servers going down: Get over yourselves! You guys complain about what's going on for the past few days, when SWG was up, this was normal ... servers going down, needing fixed. If they need to fix something, let them do it now. Yeah it's bad timing but here something you need to know as well: Life isn't fair. This isn't Buger King, you don't get it your way. If you don't like what's going on then quit the game.

While thats all well and good Ive got a sneaky feeling that this has something to do with neverwinter, seems funny they have a regular 1 1/2 hour maintenance then suddenly
    not 30 mins after its done they have to take all cryptic games down for a so called
    "emergency maintenance" just all seems a little fishey to me........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banshee
    Bloodthristy
    Guild - <Lords of The Dead>
    LvL 60 CW-Dragon Server
  • Options
    daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is it time to send Kyle in? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckIMuvumYrg
  • Options
    kreugekreuge Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Since this is UNsceduled downtime, the point is invalid.

That is very smart of you. Downtime is downtime. Scheduled or not.
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Welcome to Star Trek Offline. :D
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    starblazer5starblazer5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Will this fix the issue with people not being able to join fleets as well?
  • Options
    joker13874joker13874 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes we can, I invite my new friend to play a Star Trek Offline!:D:D:D
    www.confederazionestellareitaliana.com
    Premade Pvp Falchi Tricolori
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mecteshmectesh Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pierzy wrote: »
    Time is dilithium Cryptic. We should be compensated, 500 free dilithium per hour of downtime.

Crewman: Captain, sensors are registering bio signs outside the ship. They appear to be humanoid.

Captain: Prepare an away team and investigate. Report back in 3 hours.

:P
    Mac mini Server (mid 2011): 2GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB
    OS X El Capitan 10.11.2
  • Options
    geekalomaniacgeekalomaniac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I Have Been Playing for Three days and Cryptic Servers were down for at least an hour on the first day 3 hours on the third, mission status was lost and idk if i lost items. So far awesome game experience yeah.
  • Options
    tommyatstarfleettommyatstarfleet Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wish they would fix the occuring fleet and graphics bugs along with the 3 hour matienance downtime since today is the usual weekly patch update they do.
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    open that thing in your home called the 'front door' and try doing something that doesn't involve vegetating indoors in front of a computer!

Are you daft man? There's PEOPLE out there.
This discussion has been closed.