test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Seg'pa does not need rescuing

icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Tribble - Bug Reports
No Starfleet ship spawns near the Seg'pa in "COLOR="Lime"]Tutorial[/COLOR: Your New Command", and thus failed to die in glorious battle. Mission cannot be completed. Logging out/in removes the Seg'pa as well, thus making the issue worse.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    deceon55deceon55 Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am having the same Issue and cannot complete
  • Options
    sanunessanunes Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am encountering the same problem. The re-enforcements will arrive when I log back into the game, but the Seg'Pa is gone.
  • Options
    ooiueooiue Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same issue
    Play my missions on Holodeck!
    Return of Ja'Dok Series (6 Part Series)
    Enemy of the Exile Series (4 Part Series)
    Task Force Ja'Dok Series (3 Part Series)
  • Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue. Someone mentioned this on Tribble, so I want to see if it might be a factor. Did anyone else with the issue approach the Seg'pa while cloaked?

Going to test and see if not cloaking gets the Feddies to come out of hiding (the cowards :P )
  • Options
    rdellaripa23rdellaripa23 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the same issue. I originally cloaked after the message from the Fed ship until I got to the Seg'Pa, if that matters.
  • Options
    eppeeeppee Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I as well could not rescue the ship. I stayed in and the reinforcements arrived but no starfleet ship ever appeared. I flew as far up within the spawn zone and as far down, just to see if the trigger was too high or too low, no spawn, just a reset of the map. I have tried both cloaked and uncloaked. neither reacted any differently.
  • Options
    admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I ahve this prob too.
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
  • Options
    grievasgrievas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same here. no fed ship to kill.
  • Options
    hjorlwulfhjorlwulf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here - cloaked as per the tutorial, then approached the Seg'pa at Full Impulse. No Fed ship anywhere - reinforcements popped in, and still nada.
    "...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl

"Dan and Cryptic have spoken out the sides of their mouths so much I expect beads, whiskey and Polio blankets for the KDF any day now." - Roach
  • Options
    kaevwrynnkaevwrynn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup... no Starfleet to send to the stars. Kind of a bummer.
  • Options
    megtrekkiemegtrekkie Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah same its a shame coz it was good setup now cryptic need to sort out the issues :P
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here. Reinforcements arrived but no FED ship to be found.
  • Options
    supertone4761supertone4761 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also cannot seem to find an enemy to fight in order to rescue the Seg'pa. Not a lot of fun. Hope this gets fixed before open beta...
  • Options
    grigul1grigul1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue here. .

In Quest-Progress I came to the Seg'pa. after chatting with the starfleet-Captain the two reinforcement ships appeared. But no Starfleet-Ship...

I tried to relogg. After relogging - there was no Starfleet ship as well as the Seg'pa. Only me and the two reinforment ships were there.

I tried to relogg a second time. Funny to say - no Starfleet vessel, no Seg'pa, no reinforcements...I was alone...^^

After two minutes, the reinforcements warped in....I'm waiting now for more than ten minutes...maybe the other ships will jump-in too...^^

kind regards

Grigul
  • Options
    cherojcheroj Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also have this issue. Tutorial cannot be completed until thyis bug is fixed.

In a similar vein, when you first start the tutorial and the cut-scene of the two ships doing the prisoner transfer shows, there is a Galaxy class starship just sitting there calmly observing the other birds like it belongs there. Then when the dialog mentions going to battle stations, all three ships sit frozen and do nothing to suggest anything has happened. Then it finally moves to the ground portion.
  • Options
    pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Was excited to play KDF from Lvl 1....

Am seriously bummed.

Maybe doing this today instead of Thurs when planned was bad idea.

+1 B'Rel interior is awesome.
  • Options
    kineticimpulserkineticimpulser Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same... also had to manually seat my tactical BOFF. flying outside the waypoint and flying back had no effect

Edit: circling up pops up 4 "open door" clickies

each of them triggers a "cut scene" letter boxing that warps me around the map
  • Options
    varzecvarzec Member Posts: 129 Media Corps
    edited May 2013
    I think it works, if you choose to ignore the hail when your first approaching. I was able to get through it on a second character.
    original.jpg?1521423860
  • Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pingahead wrote: »
    Was excited to play KDF from Lvl 1....

Am seriously bummed.

Maybe doing this today instead of Thurs when planned was bad idea.

+1 B'Rel interior is awesome.

The Today instead of thursday was the holodeck maintenance, not tribble. I believe this build was always scheduled for today, they just decided to do it during the company wide outage rather then take the server down again.
    varzec wrote: »
    I think it works, if you choose to ignore the hail when your first approaching. I was able to get through it on a second character.

Didn't seem to work for me. I tried it on a second character, ignored the hail and came in uncloaked and still the federation didn't show up so I could give them the deaths they so richly deserve.
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue. Someone mentioned this on Tribble, so I want to see if it might be a factor. Did anyone else with the issue approach the Seg'pa while cloaked?

Going to test and see if not cloaking gets the Feddies to come out of hiding (the cowards :P )

I tried the cloaked approach it did not work
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I ran into the same snag as well.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My gunners are very sad Klingons having no Federation ship to to blast into debris. I also came in cloaked, no Fed ship appeared and then the reinforcements arrived. After that, nothing. Which is a shame because the tutorial was shaping up quite well to that point, very strongly story-driven as I've come to expect from this expansion.
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The poor KDF continue to get the same shaft that has been beating them down since day one. :(

I was just looking for some kind of comment from the dev team to say, "Hey we know we screwed this one and will get it unscrewed pronto, or something to that affect. :confused:

I just glad I have developed all the KDF I planned to do for the game, now it is just developing Roms and doing 50-level for my FED and KDF. :P
  • Options
    jshignjshign Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sentinel64 wrote: »
    I was just looking for some kind of comment from the dev team to say, "Hey we know we screwed this one and will get it unscrewed pronto, or something to that affect. :confused:

The fault was only just discovered...so be patient.
    Klingons: Today, is a good day to die.
    Federation: Today, no one needs to die.
    Romulans: Today is a good day for somebody else to die.
  • Options
    abecketabecket Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ticket # 39, 259 same issue as everyone above. can log out and back in even after about 15-20 minutes and still sitting in the circle with the two other KDF ships, the Segpa is gone and so is the Fed ship.
  • Options
    smidgysmidgy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    From my own testing, this looks like it could be related to cloaking. My first new KDF had this bug, and he approached the Seg'pa whilst cloaked - no Feddies, and, seemingly because I waited until the reinforcements turned up before I tried relogging, when I did, everyone except me disappeared, so that character is basically stuck with no way to get past the rest of the Tutorial, far less anything else. My second new KDF decided to go in uncloaked, and the Feddies showed up as needed, allowing me to whip their sorry asses and proceed to Qo'noS.

(Incidentally, in my second one, I ran into a second bug - after scanning the asteroids for Iridium, and then using the 'calibrated Iridium scan', the asteroids failed to become targetable. A relog fixed that, though.)
  • Options
    sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had the same bug with my first KDF character. No matter what I tried, no Feds showed up. I ended up deleting that character and created a new one that didn't have that bug. But now that character is stuck on Friend or Foe mission due to a similar bug.
    Been Playing STO as much as I can for 11+ Years!

"Never Surrender! Never give up Hope!"
    "Prosperity and Success in everything you do."
    "To Boldly go.........well punch it already!"
    "To Be or Not To Be"....Alas, the Foundry is Not To Be. We Shall miss Thee, dear Friend!
    "Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers?"- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Thank You, Cryptic......even when I don't agree with all your decisions....Thank You for Star Trek Online!
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    smidgy wrote: »
    From my own testing, this looks like it could be related to cloaking. My first new KDF had this bug, and he approached the Seg'pa whilst cloaked - no Feddies, and, seemingly because I waited until the reinforcements turned up before I tried relogging, when I did, everyone except me disappeared, so that character is basically stuck with no way to get past the rest of the Tutorial, far less anything else. My second new KDF decided to go in uncloaked, and the Feddies showed up as needed, allowing me to whip their sorry asses and proceed to Qo'noS.

(Incidentally, in my second one, I ran into a second bug - after scanning the asteroids for Iridium, and then using the 'calibrated Iridium scan', the asteroids failed to become targetable. A relog fixed that, though.)

Tried rescuing the ship uncoaked but ended up with the same problem.
    So it does not seem to be tied to the cloaking device either.
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here, I was going to re-roll and try again but seeing all of these posts it's pretty clear I'd be wasting my time.
    I really wish we had a torture prisoner option, having Drake in the brig acting like you are just a pawn in his games is really irritating.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    aiden089aiden089 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue! good up to this point, hope its fixed quickly
    Nedya.png