test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

All Cryptic Games and Services Down - 7 May (RESOLVED!)

Comments

• Options
    gr4v1t4rgr4v1t4r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cheer up with a nice tune folks, Here It Goes Again - Ok Go, from the album Oh No.

If that's not fitting I don't know what is:cool:
    Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    askray wrote: »
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dukhatnaranekdukhatnaranek Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cbj0nesy wrote: »
    Has there been any official response from the Devs regarding this? Any estimates on when the game will be back up?

So far, I've only seen Bran pop in and say they're working it.
  • Options
    joker13874joker13874 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I pay and i don't play....
    2 Epic Fail:mad:
    www.confederazionestellareitaliana.com
    Premade Pvp Falchi Tricolori
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    roninxlroninxl Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not yet, but it would be nice for them to tell us something. Don't they have a PR person??
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    where did you get the new server hardware cryptic ? , if ebay it servers you right for buying TRIBBLE hardware . now goes and hides :P
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    starjumpersixstarjumpersix Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've got a very slow launcher up...at least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sup?
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Let's quote Spaceballs GO!!

Ludicrous speed. GO!!!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Hmm, an abrupt disconnect, how annoying!" I thought.

"And now I don't seem able to reconnect," I thought.

"I wonder, do I have an Internet connectivity problem? Better check my connection and maybe reset my router," I thought.

"But, before that... maybe it's at the other end," I thought.

"It's only just happened, but still, perhaps someone's commented on the forums," I thought.

And they had. Twenty-nine pages of butthurt whining and counting, already! Say what you like about this game... one way or another, it never disappoints. :D
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Atleast EvE servers don't randomly crash like that, genius. And the daily maintenance is barely 15m long.

Ahem. Bit uncalled for, my good man.

If the EVE servers crashed with a 30 minute maintaince cycle every day, they'd be worse than STO servers. STO doesn't get daily maintainance, hence why when we do get it it takes like four hours.

Also CCP presumably has more money to spend on servers. And they definetly have more sense to actually buy those stacks AND not try running two other MMOs on them at the same time.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got back in.. Wonder how long it will last though..

Edit: a good 10 secs! lol

You're mistaken... We're not talking about your local pub! :D
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm, maybe the developers ought to stop with the gorno?
  • Options
    dakkidedakkide Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My Neverwinter and Champions Servers also down.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    roninxl wrote: »
    Why won't Perfect World just ask Q to fix the servers??

Because Q is the one who took the servers down. He's mischievous like that.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    captdeathmadcaptdeathmad Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2013
    how did u get in when all servers are down except error ones :mad: :confused:
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So im looking for a title and topic of the next episode of STOked Radio..... Any creative ideas for a title and topic?

Title can be: A basis in lore (movies, fanfic, novels, etc) for a Reman/Romulan alliance with the KDF/Federation. Topics could include: History of Remans as a warrior class, history of Reman uprisings, history of Vulcan-Romulan reunification attempts, history of Tal Shiar, and history of iconians (both in-game and non-game lore).
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    starjumpersixstarjumpersix Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dakkide wrote: »
    My Neverwinter and Champions Servers also down.

Psst. They already said all Cryptic games are down.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sup?
  • Options
    gallowsbait1gallowsbait1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Atleast EvE servers don't randomly crash like that, genius. And the daily maintenance is barely 15m long.

Quoted for truth.

Also, the EVE server cluster is so far beyond the scope and scale of almost any other MMO simply because it is a giant single instance game. 15 minutes daily downtime is hardly a major price to pay for a game that is still going massively strong a decade later.

In my experience EVE was offline for maintenance less in total than World of ******** or STO and yet their server set ups are far simpler, especially the heavily instanced WoW.

That and when you are as heavily addicted as many EVE players, a 15 minute break from guarding your space/loot/fleet/starbases just to shave and shower is a boon. :D
  • Options
    major1cemanmajor1ceman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Think they need to step back look at the servers and spread the load a bit more as these servers have been very laggy the last few weeks on some space events it lags so badly its hard to play you cant even tell if you are firing weapons
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    scarrnscarrn Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm thinking that with all the ZEN they sell and the ridiculously high dilithium amounts in the starbase projects they could buy a few dedicated machines to run this game

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
  • Options
    alexa01alexa01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dont know quite how to reply to that statement .... Ill wait someone will explain why to you.

Never winter beta is also down because it shares a server with STO as it is owned by the same company.
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited May 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    At the end of the day, these sort of teething problems are commonplace on online games. Hell, be thankful this isn't EVE - server maintainance EVERY DAY. So it's not really a big issue.

However.

That said, having been playing a decent SB Def at the time, I feel there is only one response to this latest outtage.
    "You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!"

LOL teething problems i would expect if it was a just released MMO 3yrs in to it and more extended downtime in the last 2 weeks than in the last year that i can remember,not counting server stability fixes :rolleyes:

I like that twitter was updated almost the same time the game went down also LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    smoovioussmoovious Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The part I don't get is why it takes so long to get it back up and running? I don't know much about it but don't you just power it back up?:confused:
    That could create more problems than what caused the crash in the first place. An uncontrolled shutdown, basically... a controlled shutdown would be no problem to do a quick reboot and continue...

Records not properly written to completely, indexes between the files not sync'd up...

And, depending on how it crashed, you could have filesystem issues as well.

Starting it back up orderly, doing a sanity check as it is doing it, sucks, cuz it takes time, but it is better than the hassle it is going to be if they don't, and something is really screwed...

Can you imagine how screwed the system would be if a cascade error started running through the databases? It could wipe everyone out if it has enough time.

As annoyed as I am with the crashing in the first place, I do feel somewhat better that they are paying enough attention to detail to bring it back up carefully.
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So im looking for a title and topic of the next episode of STOked Radio..... Any creative ideas for a title and topic?

How about 'Crashing Reliably Year-round, Primarily To Inconvenience Customers' :D

Alternatively 'Server Crash Scream Event', just an hour and a half of incoherent rage? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I still dont get it, they are making cash hand over fist but obviously spend next to nothing on maintaining their various cash grabs.. I would love to make millions for hundreds....
  • Options
    tamujiintamujiin Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Downloading non Cryptic, non PWE MMO right now.

I am tired of this.

The only reason i play this game, and deal with the day in and day out bugs, and server issues, is because i like Star trek.

I do NOT like this company.

You people have the worst crew in gaming history... FIX YOUR PROBLEMS! PLEASE!

This game was voted 2012 mmo of the year!
    Obviously it has a fan base, and alot of potential! Show pride in your work!
  • Options
    xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let's use the downtime to find some solutions to fleet system issues for when we get back in game, see http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=658681
  • Options
    wargillwargill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    Lol servers have only been offline for 30min hehehe.

30 minutes and already over 30 pages haha! IDIOTS I TELL YOU!
    Give me all your latinum... Hew-mon!!
  • Options
    mandatorianmandatorian Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    Ahem. Bit uncalled for, my good man.

If the EVE servers crashed with a 30 minute maintaince cycle every day, they'd be worse than STO servers. STO doesn't get daily maintainance, hence why when we do get it it takes like four hours.

Also CCP presumably has more money to spend on servers. And they definetly have more sense to actually buy those stacks AND not try running two other MMOs on them at the same time.

32 pages, at time of this writing ..... hope thats not a represent of hours to fix ... and what the FU** are the devs telling us wth is going on ?!
  • Options
    czechman1956czechman1956 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yet again the server has collapsed, I suppose it makes a change from the almost constant lagging we have to put up with.

I wonder if I will even get a response to this thread, because cryptic seem to take forever to even notice a problem with the server.

Maybe they should invest in multiple servers like all other MMOs that are not run by cryptic. but then they would have to spend some of the money they get from all of us!!!
This discussion has been closed.