test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stuck and unable to ask for help

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
So...
I submit this ticket asking for help as I'm stuck.

"Hi
I am currently stuck in the Sol System and unable to move, warp to sector or dock. Can I please be moved back into sector space so that i can carry on playing please?

Thanks in advice.
Shivan"

3 times I've tried to submit it and each time I get the follow error message.

"Error: timeout waiting for a response from the server."

Please Cryptic. I am trying my hardist to play your game, but you may well shortly be losing another customer due to not only the poor state of the server but the complete inability that I can move to a section of the game where I can actually do anything or even ask for help through the correct channels.

Please please please, can someone help me!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    There should be a button on the right side called "Warp to Sector" are you able to move your ship at all??

Don't expect a response from Cryptic, I am still waiting on mine as well.
    edited February 2010
    can click it but don't get my officer pop up and confirm that it's what i want to do. currently I'm at full impulse, with speed set at max but still looks like I'm at a dead stop.

Not even rubber banding, just no repose at all.
    edited February 2010
    I have the same in the same location. i'm fine flying around with 1 of 2 other people but when there is 10+ other players around me I just can't move.
    edited February 2010
    well i guess my ship was actually moving. closed the game down, managed to log back in on the second attempt and then managed to warp to sector when I got back in.

yay for workarounds that work when you're lucky!
  • knightgl0wknightgl0w Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So...
    I submit this ticket asking for help as I'm stuck.

"Hi
    I am currently stuck in the Sol System and unable to move, warp to sector or dock. Can I please be moved back into sector space so that i can carry on playing please?

Thanks in advice.
    Shivan"

3 times I've tried to submit it and each time I get the follow error message.

Please Cryptic. I am trying my hardist to play your game, but you may well shortly be losing another customer due to not only the poor state of the server but the complete inability that I can move to a section of the game where I can actually do anything or even ask for help through the correct channels.

I have tried warping, impulse, quit the mission. But I am on the first mission where it requires you to dock. Please help. the work around didn't work
    edited May 2013
    8 times I've tried to submit it and each time I get the follow error message.

The funny thing is that once I was going to dock I was going to spend money on starter packs and getting ZEN but if I can't get this resolved soon... well at least a GM will have one less customer to help.
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/images/icons/icon4.gif
    edited May 2013
    I got the message to click here to dock but there is no spot to click to dock. So I hit F in hopes it would work but nothing. Looks like the work around kind of works but doesn't do anything. This game is bugged.
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    knightgl0w wrote: »
    I have tried warping, impulse, quit the mission. But I am on the first mission where it requires you to dock. Please help. the work around didn't work

Dude you're necroing a thread from 2010. don't do that. But as far as you're problem what's the specific mission you're having issues on and what exactly is the issue?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Ahh I see now the error of posting on this thread.

The problem so far: I am currently stuck in the Sol System and unable to move, warp to sector or dock. I have tried /stuck /killme and requesting a GM. I'm at full impulse, with speed set at max but still looks like I'm at a dead stop. If I quit the game and log back in I can get the auto pop up screen where it says click here to dock, however there is no place to click and hitting F does nothing. I have logged in a bunch of time in hopes that it would fix its self. This game is great and written so well that ill delete my Capt. if I must and try again

--post above is knightgl0w's--

EDIT: This thread has been closed due to being a "necro" thread. Remember, if a thread has not been posted to in over 30 days, please start a new thread to discuss a topic :) Thanks! ~BranFlakes
This discussion has been closed.