test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2 May 2013 - Temporary Outage (Resolved!)

Comments

• enniksenniks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would like to see most of you when you encounter a datacenter outage. Sometimes a simple GBIC in a core switch can cause some strange effects and break all of the redundancy u built in.

When Dell forgot to remove a TRIBBLE in one of our m1000e blade chassis, the TRIBBLE blew up th ebackplane and the technician needed 2 hours to remove the backplane.... **** happens and it takes time.

There is a life outside STO, believe me :D
    Geben Sie jemanden einen Fisch und Sie ernähren ihn für einen Tag; 
    lehren Sie jemanden zu fischen und Sie verlieren einen verlässlichen Kunden.

• nuanilnuanil Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    threat21 wrote: »
    lolz you mean the update that was posted 49 minutes ago? didn't you say they were coming in every 15 minutes. your twitter faith has failed you.

TBH nothing pisses me off more IRL that being expected to provide updates every half hour let alone fifteen minutes, that means you spent about 5 minutes out of every 15 actually working on the problem, because some impatient **** can't handle a simple "When I know it's up, you'll know it's up"
  • dennizenxdennizenx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wargill wrote: »
    I always just say that I may be hung like a light switch but I got a tongue like a buggy whip!

lawlz

k;jskdfj;asilua;iddfuja;ioduf;aosuid;faiosudf
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, what are the odds that Branflakes and the engineers have just gone home to bed, and decided to come in and work on it in the morning? Both having assumed that the other would be the one to tell us not to wait up?
  • pakledworldpakledworld Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    enniks wrote: »
    i Would Like To See Most Of You When You Encounter A Datacenter Outage. Sometimes A Simple Gbic In A Core Switch Can Cause Some Strange Effects And Break All Of The Redundancy U Built In.

When Dell Forgot To Remove A TRIBBLE In One Of Our M1000e Blade Chassis, The TRIBBLE Blew Up Th Ebackplane And The Technician Needed 2 Hours To Remove The Backplane.... **** Happens And It Takes Time.

there Is A Life Outside Sto, Believe Me :d

Don't Say That!!!
    Pakled World Entertainment: Looking for things to make STO go since 2011.

We have found it: General Server Stability. We are strong now...
  • bbfknightbbfknight Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just got my 1000 day fed ship... was really looking forward to playing it.

get that NW **** off our STO servers... this game is still way to popular to have to share resources! especially with season 7 coming..
  • bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited May 2013
    if the prob goes away, then it is just taking time for the older DNS routes to clear out.

:cool:
  • cassianncassiann Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    philfixit wrote: »
    hi all .this is my first post here. so please forgive me if i offend.BUT.

loads of you have been playing this game for years. me months.im still learing but this outage seems a bit over the top.the normal ones once a week fine understand that.this one is because they wont new games and dont seem to care about the guys in the OLDER games.where there money cames from.

or is this just my silly opinion and ive got it all wrong.

ps if im right what can we do about it ?.

Lord monty

Yeah you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

As for what can you do about it?

Try this,

Hold one hand out and the other under your butt.

wish real hard and see which hand gets something first.
  • bigmarine2bigmarine2 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "We are currently undergoing extended maintenance. Thank you." i forgive you! not! what H@LL am i going to do now lol really nothing is fun!
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
    edited May 2013
    bbfknight wrote: »
    I just got my 1000 day fed ship... was really looking forward to playing it.

get that NW **** off our STO servers... this game is still way to popular to have to share resources! especially with season 7 coming..

LOL Umm dude, Season 7 rolled out months ago and Season 8 is many months away...

• overkilltbpoverkilltbp Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a sad sad feeling that when Legacy starts, this will happen again and its just going to get worse. :(
  • dennizenxdennizenx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lekilla wrote: »
    Please do find the post where I said every 15 minutes. lol fact fail on you because I never said that. but 49 minutes ago is better than the last update in here. SO it might be TRIBBLE, but its better than your TRIBBLE. Oh and you actually went and looked at it. GJ

i was going to immediately call you on the 15 minute thing, but I just figured you were prolly high on the slo-mo again. it helps with the downtimes I know.
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bohiap wrote: »
    This in nothin. The last thread got up to 1000 something before Brandon started this one.

Isn't there a rule about starting a thread on a topic when there is already an active thread on said topic? :P
  • treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *Sigh* It seems that the only reason that Branflake's previous thread was closed,
    was because it was becoming even more embarrassingly long than the normal
    "server is down" rant. *Sigh*
    edited May 2013
    LOL Umm dude, Season 7 rolled out months ago...

dammit, i meant to say the legacy of romulus. my bad
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sardiajax wrote: »
    I can totally agree, and i can sympathize with the situation. As much as i wouldn't mind playing, bottom line, sh*t happens. Its the real world, TRIBBLE breaks.

Now, knowing that, and knowing you are launching a beta for a new release on the same infrastructure (for whatever reason) that your existing titles rely on...seems rather silly imo.

With all this back and forth, conjecture and assuming...it would be nice just to get a wide estimate for an eta of repair. If its fixed before that estimate, fine, your all heroes and get praised (by most) for getting it done ahead of time. If you are lagging behind, you can revise your eta with a lengthy post on what EXACTLY went bonkers/FUBAR and go from there.

I guess i'm old school military. Admit if your ****s broke, work like a TRIBBLE to get it repaired/patched/ductaped asap so the chief gets off your TRIBBLE, the chief gets the LT off his TRIBBLE and the lt can tell the commander/captain wtf is the deal and "yes sir we'll have that up by xx:xx time"...now with the private sector, in 1 way or another, we ALL pay the bills...so honest/prompt answers should not be out of the question.

my 2 cents

lmfao...ok...so your military....it explains why you would agree with me....****s rolls uphill...but in this case...it just rolls....too many ppl to wake up at night to get at the problem of fixing this server problem....but i bet that everyone at Cryptic is NOT getting any sleep tonight!!! And i'll bet that Bran fell asleep at his keyboard by now trying to stop the flames lol

Hardware is hardware..it dies for no good damn reason...i know...i've replaced enough in tight circumstances to know, and had to reload all software in a matter of hours to get my bosse's business back online...it can really stink trying to get it done....so patience lol
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • afreebyafreeby Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They thank us for nonexistent patience.

Not like there is a chargeback on zen :P
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a sad sad feeling that when Legacy starts, this will happen again and its just going to get worse. :(

Picture the outages from the last anniversary event and multiply by an order of magnitude. But the bright side is maybe we can kill NW for a day or two as a nice side effect.
  • mazerunnermazerunner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    scififan78 wrote: »
    Isn't there a rule about starting a thread on a topic when there is already an active thread on said topic? :P

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=651171&page=162

^^ Closed by Bran.

We're playing this since he told us too :)
    MazeRunner

"Reason notwithstanding, the Universe continues unabated."
  • nuanilnuanil Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    treking2 wrote: »
    *Sigh* It seems that the only reason that Branflake's previous thread was closed,
    was because it was becoming even more embarrassingly long than the normal
    "server is down" rant. *Sigh*

Then let's make this one 200 pages long at least before the servers come up.
    edited May 2013
    bbfknight wrote: »
    dammit, i meant to say the legacy of romulus. my bad

Pakled World, do you see what you are doing to us? You are starting to scramble our brains here. This poor guy doesn't even know what season he is in now, or what is coming thanks to this mess... For the love of all things sacred PLEASE help this man...

• tango2bravotango2bravo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daskippa wrote: »
    last one they blamed on COGNET

Well I chedked when this first started and there were at least 4 nodes red on ( http://internetpulse.net/ ), they are back up now but this site notes some major housing issues still occuring. ( http://www.outageanalyzer.com/ )
  • afreebyafreeby Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think Pakled world would ever build a thatched hut elves mmo, when the market is saturated with other thatched hut elf mmo's.

I think the Pakleds would be a little bit smarter than that.
    edited May 2013
    Pakled World, do you see what you are doing to us? You are starting to scramble our brains here. This poor guy doesn't even know what season he is in now, or what is coming thanks to this mess... For the love of all things sacred PLEASE help this man...

yes please! help me!

and... post Photoshop'ed naked 7of9 photos....
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daskippa wrote: »
    Picture the outages from the last anniversary event and multiply by an order of magnitude. But the bright side is maybe we can kill NW for a day or two as a nice side effect.

Orrrrrr, they will kill us....either solution is not optimal....Cryptic need to figure out what is wrong with their hardware setup....somehting is just not right...sigh
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • threat21threat21 Member Posts: 300
    edited May 2013
    lekilla wrote: »
    Please do find the post where I said every 15 minutes. lol fact fail on you because I never said that. but 49 minutes ago is better than the last update in here. SO it might be TRIBBLE, but its better than your TRIBBLE. Oh and you actually went and looked at it. GJ

apologies, I confused you with some other twitter junkie. However, I never said I didn't check twitter, im saying its stupid that I should have to. I have 0 desire to start following anyone on twitter for any damn thing.
  • megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Come and listen to my story bout a server that's dead, and a poor gamer barely earnin' any Zen, and then today when he tried to log in too.... the server was down what a total piece of poo...... lame that is, overload.... too much greed..

Well the first thing you know old Bran is sayin' there, thanks for being patient, really sorry for the scare, said we're gonna fix it as soon as can be, so the players calm down and won't cause some anarchy.... Trouble that is, raging posts by disgruntled folks.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • lekillalekilla Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am not sure when this game came out, but I feel like they need a new version of it, where the graphics are amped up a lot more. Maybe just shut this version down and make a new one...do it while its down!!!!
  • mccormick81mccormick81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    funny we go from gorn jokes to pakled jokes.,..... i must say the gorn ones where better...
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm watching TOS (Remastered) on Hulu.

And it just so happens it's Balance of Terror in honor of the upcoming patch.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
This discussion has been closed.