test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2 May 2013 - Temporary Outage (Resolved!)

Comments

• sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I must say, this was a nice way of waking up in the morning. -Having a pot of coffee, and reading this thread, instead of news from the World. Amazing how ignorant of RL I am. I scare myself. Oh, well. NEXT TROLL...
    /Floozy
  • squishynoisesquishynoise Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cassiann wrote: »
    Okay Cryptic I know men ususally say "Size doesn't matter it's how you use it that counts", but in the case of your server I think Size DOES count

(btw women tend to disagree with the former statement in other matters as well)

MEN never say that. Guys with small weeners say it, and kind women say it. MEN do not.
  • crimpson7crimpson7 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys, We should all understand the pressure applied to Brandon and his Dev Team. Oh come on its the real world! Sh*t Happens!
    The Wildcards Fleet =/\=
    Admiral T'Vanto of the I.R.W. Dreaded Balerion (Scimitar Dreadnought Warbird) "Burn them All!"
    Admiral Atraxis of the U.S.S. Daskalogiannis (Avenger class Cruiser) "I am Iron Cat!"
  • bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited May 2013
    madalein wrote: »
    TBH i don't care that STO is down, i'm much to busy trolling it's forums to be playing

LMAO. :rolleyes:
  • duggeekduggeek Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    New network equipment: $500

Overtime for IT members: $5,000

Losses from core service downtime: $50,000 (est'd)

One mega-thread about it on the forums: Priceless!
  • pakledworldpakledworld Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    crimpson7 wrote: »
    Guys, We should all understand the pressure applied to Brandon and his Dev Team. Oh come on its the real world! Sh*t Happens!

Quite regularly if you eat well and get enough fibre...
    Pakled World Entertainment: Looking for things to make STO go since 2011.

We have found it: General Server Stability. We are strong now...
  • lekillalekilla Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    threat21 wrote: »
    no you don't need to make a twitter account to see their stuff, but we're here on the forums run by the people that run sto, we shouldn't have to check twitter for their ramblings, they can put them in here for us. This should be stop number 1 for any updates, if they wanna repost them on twitter or yahoo answers, that's should be 2ndary.

Yeah well keep qqing about no updates instead of looking at the updates. I'll keep looking at their updates as they come in.
    https://twitter.com/trekonlinegame
  • suffer1suffer1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kirisee wrote: »
    Severs can be in a "cluster" basically many PC's acting like one....and they could have all games running on the same cluster set....a recipe for trouble if you ask me...but then again....there is no telling how much computer capacity they actually have without them telling us....sigh

I know right! They never say anything but "something has happened." It's like, we know that silly, it's cool :cool: no biggy. So what happened? "Something":mad: Arrrrrrrg! Que the rage!
  • afreebyafreeby Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to imagine this is karmic retribution for nerfing the foundry, but karma doesn't exist.
  • dennizenxdennizenx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    MEN never say that. Guys with small weeners say it, and kind women say it. MEN do not.

I dont know, I say it all the time as part of my "false modesty" thing with the ladies.... then they're like :O O.M.G.

that's how a real man rolls.

cockstrong !
  • crimpson7crimpson7 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Slap him in the face! I do like your line!
    The Wildcards Fleet =/\=
    Admiral T'Vanto of the I.R.W. Dreaded Balerion (Scimitar Dreadnought Warbird) "Burn them All!"
    Admiral Atraxis of the U.S.S. Daskalogiannis (Avenger class Cruiser) "I am Iron Cat!"
  • threat21threat21 Member Posts: 300
    edited May 2013
    lekilla wrote: »
    Yeah well keep qqing about no updates instead of looking at the updates. I'll keep looking at their updates as they come in.
    https://twitter.com/trekonlinegame

lolz you mean the update that was posted 49 minutes ago? didn't you say they were coming in every 15 minutes. your twitter faith has failed you.
  • lethallarry1lethallarry1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is broken.
    Can you make it go?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WmGvYDLsj4
  • philfixitphilfixit Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hi all .this is my first post here. so please forgive me if i offend.BUT.

loads of you have been playing this game for years. me months.im still learing but this outage seems a bit over the top.the normal ones once a week fine understand that.this one is because they wont new games and dont seem to care about the guys in the OLDER games.where there money cames from.

or is this just my silly opinion and ive got it all wrong.

ps if im right what can we do about it ?.

Lord monty
    edited May 2013
    suffer1 wrote: »
    I know right! They never say anything but "something has happened." It's like, we know that silly, it's cool :cool: no biggy. So what happened? "Something":mad: Arrrrrrrg! Que the rage!

That's kind of like the people that post on page 100 of threads like is "Are the servers down???"

• bigmarine2bigmarine2 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013

no dude $h!t happens in Afgany this just whatever
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
  • kenshi6767kenshi6767 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Price for the guy in the back who isn't on overtime to fix it while the others ***** about having to come in ; $50
  • warp1000warp1000 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Site down, loss of revenue

The investors will be pissed!

Heads will roll lol :eek:
  • wargillwargill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I always just say that I may be hung like a light switch but I got a tongue like a buggy whip!
    Give me all your latinum... Hew-mon!!
  • cloudcut81cloudcut81 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so does this mean that they knew nothing about the idea that opening a beta they had been planing to open for months mean that they never considered that this may happen? why would that not seem surprising?
  • tango2bravotango2bravo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont know if Perfectworld/Cryptic is to blame here. I would think it possible a third party houses some or all of their network.

There have been several notable network problems/traffic issues/crashes as of late.
  • lekillalekilla Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    threat21 wrote: »
    lolz you mean the update that was posted 49 minutes ago? didn't you say they were coming in every 15 minutes. your twitter faith has failed you.

Please do find the post where I said every 15 minutes. lol fact fail on you because I never said that. but 49 minutes ago is better than the last update in here. SO it might be TRIBBLE, but its better than your TRIBBLE. Oh and you actually went and looked at it. GJ
    edited May 2013
    wargill wrote: »
    I always just say that I may be hung like a light switch but I got a tongue like a buggy whip!

So you're perfect for training a horse. I'll keep that in mind...

• bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited May 2013
    duggeek wrote: »
    New network equipment: $500

Overtime for IT members: $5,000

Losses from core service downtime: $50,000 (est'd)

One mega-thread about it on the forums: Priceless!

This in nothin. The last thread got up to 1000 something before Brandon started this one.
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

yes it does, however with a modicrom of forethought some S%%* can be prevented like say maybe not trying to run 2-3 different mmo's off the same networking infrastructure. Or perhaps maybe assuming that an expansion, beta, anniversary event, whatever will place more load on current systems and budget accordingly.
  • suiksagasuiksaga Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know this happens all the time, I have to wonder if it cyptic or pwe that are unwilling to spend the money on the hardware to to maintain a stable playing environment in the game cryptic is running.

You would think that they would also no link the same hardware together for 3 games at alone even the original two, they should of foreseen that the neverwinter nights beta was going to really push any hardware of theirs to very high proportions for user usage.

But even though neverwinter pushed it this time it just the latest example of the unwillingness to upgrade and maintain a stable gaming environment for all of their games as a while time and time again.
  • dennizenxdennizenx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    philfixit wrote: »
    hi all .this is my first post here. so please forgive me if i offend.BUT.

loads of you have been playing this game for years. me months.im still learing but this outage seems a bit over the top.the normal ones once a week fine understand that.this one is because they wont new games and dont seem to care about the guys in the OLDER games.where there money cames from.

or is this just my silly opinion and ive got it all wrong.

ps if im right what can we do about it ?.

Lord monty

I've about a year. still uncovering things. its free. carry on. ....or GTFO, you have the power to choose spock.
  • squishynoisesquishynoise Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yes it is the real world. And in the real world when a business F's up, the business pays for it.

I'm not suggesting that should be the case here. Honestly, they aren't messing up. It's just an upgrade or a fix or whatever.

BUT.

Only and dear god so exclusively only in the world of PC video game entertainment can massive multibillion dollar international corporations AND 2 bit 5 man development teams working in a garage sell an empty box and an empty promise to the public and not get crucified and sued into oblivion.

:D
  • afreebyafreeby Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Considering the recent connection issues in STO, I'd guess the beta was premature Encastleation from the NW team.
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont know if Perfectworld/Cryptic is to blame here. I would think it possible a third party houses some or all of their network.

There have been several notable network problems/traffic issues/crashes as of late.

last one they blamed on COGNET
This discussion has been closed.