test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2 May 2013 - Temporary Outage (Resolved!)

Comments

• varrvarrvarrvarr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nuanil wrote: »
    Perhaps Q transformed him into a carnivorous tribble?

Maybe he ate the servers then?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • norbob76norbob76 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's so awesome that I can't play Star Trek Online because the launch of Neverwinter failed. So awesome. What genius it was to have the game so dependant on each other, so if one fails then they all fail.
  • squishynoisesquishynoise Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For the last 2 days when I log out of STO my "saved username", turns into a GUID number string that displays in the log in box.

That...is not a good sign.
  • pakledworldpakledworld Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    norbob76 wrote: »
    It's so awesome that I can't play Star Trek Online because the launch of Neverwinter failed. So awesome. What genius it was to have the game so dependant on each other, so if one fails then they all fail.

NW didn't launch it just went to open beta...
    Pakled World Entertainment: Looking for things to make STO go since 2011.

We have found it: General Server Stability. We are strong now...
  • lekillalekilla Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bohiap wrote: »
    +1. I don't have facebook, twitter, I don't chat on skype. I don't do any of that TRIBBLE. I play games and post in forums.

again, you don't need to make a twitter account to be able to see their twiter updates, and I'm sorry you don't do any of that TRIBBLE, instead you spend your time chatting away in a forum with people you have no clue who they are... I'll get lots of rages from this but I'm pretty sure me doing "TRIBBLE" like facebook in which I share stuff with friends and family is a lot better than posting random stuff in this forum lol. but then again, I am also posting in here:P
  • nuanilnuanil Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    cassiann wrote: »
    So where exactly are they getting this new part for the boken server from? Gallefrey?

Personally, it's probably a core switch that blew up and they likely have a spare, but even so it can take a couple hours to prep a new managed switch, and install it (even if you have a recent copy of the startup config). Switch swaps are never fun.

Wouldn't surprise me if they gave the Packeld's access to the IOS console and they ****ed with the VLAN and STP settings.
  • corjetcorjet Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /BolianBlueMoons B
  • warp1000warp1000 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They must have everyones data and game saved in a Cluod server somewhere

Gee, what was the password again? lol
  • lurker49alurker49a Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is the power button light green?

The trap aint clean yet!
  • norbob76norbob76 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NW didn't launch it just went to open beta...

And the launch of open beta failed, and so I can't play STO. Makes sense.
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    duggeek wrote: »
    Oh, you mean Lt. "Broccoli"

Really? it's Murphy's law..."that anything that can go wrong will go wrong" and it has..sorry to say..but give them time and it will be fixed..go have a "TacoFang" and enjoy the rest of your evening lol
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    norbob76 wrote: »

look at the bright side, at least the execs got a nice bonus out of the separate hardware/network investment they could have made.
  • bigmarine2bigmarine2 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i had a life then the persident laid me off now i'm doing this for fun?? what happened?
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
  • bbfknightbbfknight Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    come on already... get your **** working!
  • madaleinmadalein Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TBH i don't care that STO is down, i'm much to busy trolling it's forums to be playing
  • wargillwargill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm still freaking out... if anybody cares.
    Give me all your latinum... Hew-mon!!
  • lethallarry1lethallarry1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just cuz - and it may be relevant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIkrM9BeQcU
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know why it is taking so long. They had to eradicate the Cardassian Voles before they could effect repairs.
  • pakledworldpakledworld Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For your viewing pleasure during this downtime, I give you soggy badger...
    Pakled World Entertainment: Looking for things to make STO go since 2011.

We have found it: General Server Stability. We are strong now...
  • dennizenxdennizenx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bigmarine2 wrote: »
    i had a life then the persident laid me off now i'm doing this for fun?? what happened?

cool.

a;lskdhjao;ishgodifhgsidufhgksjdlfbhgvksdhfvu dfuvhs diufhvsduihfvsuidhv
  • cassianncassiann Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay Cryptic I know men ususally say "Size doesn't matter it's how you use it that counts", but in the case of your server I think Size DOES count

(btw women tend to disagree with the former statement in other matters as well)
    edited May 2013
    madalein wrote: »
    TBH i don't care that STO is down, i'm much to busy trolling it's forums to be playing

lmfao.....good call good call!
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • sardiajaxsardiajax Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kirisee wrote: »
    thank you..at least someone knows the pressure Cryptic is under atm....i know...i do this for a living lol

I can totally agree, and i can sympathize with the situation. As much as i wouldn't mind playing, bottom line, sh*t happens. Its the real world, TRIBBLE breaks.

Now, knowing that, and knowing you are launching a beta for a new release on the same infrastructure (for whatever reason) that your existing titles rely on...seems rather silly imo.

With all this back and forth, conjecture and assuming...it would be nice just to get a wide estimate for an eta of repair. If its fixed before that estimate, fine, your all heroes and get praised (by most) for getting it done ahead of time. If you are lagging behind, you can revise your eta with a lengthy post on what EXACTLY went bonkers/FUBAR and go from there.

I guess i'm old school military. Admit if your ****s broke, work like a TRIBBLE to get it repaired/patched/ductaped asap so the chief gets off your TRIBBLE, the chief gets the LT off his TRIBBLE and the lt can tell the commander/captain wtf is the deal and "yes sir we'll have that up by xx:xx time"...now with the private sector, in 1 way or another, we ALL pay the bills...so honest/prompt answers should not be out of the question.

my 2 cents
  • threat21threat21 Member Posts: 300
    edited May 2013
    lekilla wrote: »
    again, you don't need to make a twitter account to be able to see their twiter updates, and I'm sorry you don't do any of that TRIBBLE, instead you spend your time chatting away in a forum with people you have no clue who they are... I'll get lots of rages from this but I'm pretty sure me doing "TRIBBLE" like facebook in which I share stuff with friends and family is a lot better than posting random stuff in this forum lol. but then again, I am also posting in here:P

no you don't need to make a twitter account to see their stuff, but we're here on the forums run by the people that run sto, we shouldn't have to check twitter for their ramblings, they can put them in here for us. This should be stop number 1 for any updates, if they wanna repost them on twitter or yahoo answers, that's should be 2ndary.
  • goaheadandsmokegoaheadandsmoke Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To be honest the servers has been down all day these guys are something else i think i got to find a new star trek game to play, What idiot runs multiple games on a network of weak servers this is a sighn of the gameing gods the are angry and spited the mighty star trek online
    edited May 2013
    wargill wrote: »
    I'm still freaking out... if anybody cares.

the "if anybody cares" is currently our top priority, plz check our other accounts for updates about your situation of caring about if people care.

because we care
  • bigmarine2bigmarine2 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dennizenx wrote: »
    cool.

a;lskdhjao;ishgodifhgsidufhgksjdlfbhgvksdhfvu dfuvhs diufhvsduihfvsuidhv

yeah i got to shoot guns ride in tanks and fun $h^^ word of advice never break an ankle!
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
    edited May 2013
    cassiann wrote: »
    Okay Cryptic I know men ususally say "Size doesn't matter it's how you use it that counts", but in the case of your server I think Size DOES count

(btw women tend to disagree with the former statement in other matters as well)

ouch..it's too big.....ok my ban is coming tonight...i see it in my stars l
  • afreebyafreeby Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And now it's Extended Maintenance instead of "Sorry, NW beta kicked the servers long and hard." "Also 'kicked' is a euphemism."
    edited May 2013
    kirisee wrote: »
    lmfao.....good call good call!

aye, for every STO account they lost today they got 2 forum ppl :D

#winning
This discussion has been closed.