test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

2 May 2013 - Temporary Outage (Resolved!)

Comments

• Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it makes sense something like this would happen...even on minimal on both rendering and graphics for NW it was laggy as heck...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    duggeekduggeek Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Our pants are... broken.

...a-aand we come full circle.
  • Options
    bigmarine2bigmarine2 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    okay maybe i will go back to the old republic
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
  • Options
    lekillalekilla Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kirisee wrote: »
    thank you..at least someone knows the pressure Cryptic is under atm....i know...i do this for a living lol

Oh I actually have no idea what it takes, but I know I would never be able to do what they do, and it is a FREE game. So if they want to tell us or don't tell us what is wrong with the game, we can't do anything but wait
  • Options
    mrspam404mrspam404 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kirisee wrote: »
    Wow just wow...i'll answer this for Bran.

I've played over 5 mmo's in the last 3 years....servers die...and it does take abit to reload the databases and other software after a hardware change...what??? did you really think its a 5 minute process??? I do IT for my work..it cant take me several hours or more to just find out what the problem is. let alone fixing it...i have been here since the crash of the hardware tonight...since about 6:30 PM PST....they need time to fix things right...give them that time ffs

Yes it does take time after a hardware change.... I'm pretty sure I read the hardware wasn't changed, and that it would be in place soon as possible. So my question(not to you btw, but thanks for trying) was how are they bringing the servers up,when the hardware wasn't put in yet? I know how, They weren't.

Also your post addresses nothing else I mentioned, but again thanks for trying.
  • Options
    buddyonetwothreebuddyonetwothree Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So many of us working the deadline - just seems fair!
  • Options
    dinos2012dinos2012 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cassiann wrote: »
    So where exactly are they getting this new part for the boken server from? Gallefrey?

i think they're getting it from Lt. Barcley
  • Options
    dgtlpantherdgtlpanther Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was mid mission when it crashed out. Think I will have to start the mission over again?
    I hope they get it working soon but I want them to do it right. So I will be patient.
    -DP
  • Options
    nuanilnuanil Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    varrvarr wrote: »
    Well this was an entertaining read... meh it's down, it's been down a while and probably will stay down a while. I don't feel the need to demand anything for the down time. Though if any dev wants to let me into the LoR beta that'd be cool oh and someone could fix my forum account and give me my lifetime Veteran title thingie.

Actually what I really want is to know what happened to Stormshade, he left STO and migrated to Neverwinter for a while then just disappeared, I hope the servers didn't eat him.

Perhaps Q transformed him into a carnivorous tribble?
  • Options
    logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So where exactly are they getting this new part for the boken server from? Gallefrey?

yep sorry was going to give them a ride in the tardis but the doctors busy and my time vortex manipluator wont work either damn thing and i lost my sonic screwdriver its been a day lol
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    dennizenxdennizenx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

as i understand it the Grizellans produce this part ....

"The Grizellans ?!?!" ~Director
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    they think they know stress they should join the Marines
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
  • Options
    thebluerabbitthebluerabbit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dinos2012 wrote: »
    You all have been had S U C K E R S ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/3411458048/h2A2A082B/
  • Options
    bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited May 2013
    threat21 wrote: »
    ya know, that's fine that they wanna use twitter to post updates, but if they're gonna use twitter to do it, why do they even bother with the forums at all?

Not everyone has a twitter account, not everyone has a facebook account, matter of fact I have neither. Point is, everyone here has a sto account and the dev tracker works just fine.

+1. I don't have facebook, twitter, I don't chat on skype. I don't do any of that TRIBBLE. I play games and post in forums.
  • Options
    mccormick81mccormick81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lalalalala wow five hhours and counting :(
  • Options
    jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited May 2013
    I had just finished setting up my last BOFFs outfit and hit purchase when the server crashed, and I have to say reading the forum posts is atleast keepiing me entertained until i can redo his setup.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • Options
    lynnbelvederelynnbelvedere Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seeing that STO is now down for maintenance, it makes me think of this. A short clip, 18 seconds or so, from the 3rd season of Enterprise.

YouTube Link

Funny, I was picturing Spock or Scotty laying on the floor of the bridge of the old Enterprise by a pried off foot plate trying to string together shorted smoking wires, but I guess they seem to have had plenty of that on that Enterprise, too.

Let's hope Cryptic's got one of Mr. Scott's ancestors on retainer for these "miracle worker" moments.
  • Options
    cassianncassiann Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay maybe they Cryptic guys need a little help fixing the server.

So here goes.

PUT TAB A IN SLOT B
  • Options
    sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you've just been HAD ! ! ! S U C K E R ! !

Dont' worry infydel. he is just having a Little fun with you. I mean... ...In yer FACE! LOLS!
    /Floozy
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    pakledworldpakledworld Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

So here goes.

PUT TAB A IN SLOT B

Or as we used to say in tech support RTFM....
    Pakled World Entertainment: Looking for things to make STO go since 2011.

We have found it: General Server Stability. We are strong now...
  • Options
    zachzero87zachzero87 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You all have been had S U C K E R S ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Hey, look at that, someone from 2409 has managed to figure out a non-LCARS keyboard layout... though they appear to be stuck on caps and bad punctuation.

If this is what you really think of the player base, cancel your account and move on. Your bashing of people here is disrespectful and deplorable.
  • Options
    boyscout1971boyscout1971 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got another three to go at least
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    afreeby wrote: »
    Don't buy NWN, they'll get the message loud and clear.

It is not NWN. It is simply Neverwinter (NW if you will). Also, no one has to buy NW. It is F2P.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

So here goes.

PUT TAB A IN SLOT B

haha you teach'm!
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
  • Options
    riddexxxriddexxx Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lekilla wrote: »
    So if they don't give you free stuff, what are you going to do? stop paying to play? ohhhh wait it's a free game. Really people, yes it would be nice if they did something after the servers being down for so long but don't act like we are entitled to anything from this company.

I don't have the lifetime membership but I have bought Zen . I would hope a "company" would be able to address potential issues before they create problems that could result in a loss of profit.
  • Options
    duggeekduggeek Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i think they're getting it from Lt. Barcley

Oh, you mean Lt. "Broccoli"
  • Options
    kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmm, havent had a chance to get on sto recently, i hope this extended downtime wont cause any roll backs.

i doubt they will ever need to do a rollback...i think they use databases in real time, so everything is saved up to the moment of a crash...so no worries here...never lost a thing by a crash...all they have to do is get the new hardware online and reload...problem solved in that respect...but i think they do need to look at their load capacity on their server system...something is wrong there...sigh
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Or as we used to say in tech support RTFM....

Is the power button light green?
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    jacqueline3752jacqueline3752 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no from Ferenginar a special deal from the Grand Nagus Rom
This discussion has been closed.