test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2 May 2013 - Temporary Outage (Resolved!)

Comments

• jonathan#1031 jonathan Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well hopefully they raid their drives
    <|>< . . . <z^>< . . . <zX^>< <( (..) )> oO(There's always a bigger Fish in the sea.)
  • handsmahoneyhandsmahoney Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm glad I wasn't looking forward to playing today.

Wait, I was. All day. I don't have time to hang around anymore, I have to be up early tomorrow. Guess I'll try my luck later.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do not think running all the 3 games on one server is a good idea.

Even running CO and STO on the same was risky, but three just went and killed the over-taxed server.

Cryptic, PWE, please consider using more then one server.

3 games that are always down are bad for business.

You either will need to upgrade the server's capacity, or get a new server to make all 3 of them work.

I just hope nothing is broken permanently, and I wish the Cryptic folks good luck in untangling this mess.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • qrtrmstrqrtrmstr Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We are currently experiencing boredom...enjoy my solo Armek kill :)

http://youtu.be/oc42iZ1crr4
  • threat21threat21 Member Posts: 300
    edited May 2013
    This is what happens when you do business with the ferangi

correction, this is what happens when your business is run by a ferengi. they ran out of patch cable so they're using a spatula to bridge between their firewall and router.
  • jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited May 2013
    need for speed online and lord of the rings online gave away game currency to every player when the servers died. No reason for this game not to give zen to everyone who suffered from this downtime, and a free sample can get non paying players to actualy pony up money.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek:
  • lurker49alurker49a Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everyone gets a free Mk I Phaser! Enjoy!
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Man if just like, 10% of you people would click on my sig link and reply to that thread we'd get the re-race option. C'mon, folks. Do a good deed!

Eeeh???? :confused:
    6tviTDx.png

• logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well looks like its time to fire up the box 360 tonight
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • mattimeo97mattimeo97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Look on the bright side folks, when LoR debuts we'll all get to crash Neverwinter!

Unless we kill Cryptic's hamster again.

Thinking we have anywhere near enough users, even counting folks returning just for the LoR launch, to even cause this sort of a hiccup on the NW side of things is definitely looking on the bright side. :D
  • allanlayallanlay Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But, my Doffs. They are waiting for me to read their reports and send them on more missions. What will become of them?
  • ambassador379ambassador379 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, I'm assuming the Tribble server is down too?
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rinkster wrote: »
    Clearly all Cryptics games share at least some hardware.

The last few days, following the launch of the NWN beta, we have been experiencing varying degress of problems in STO, culminating in todays catastrophic collapse.

Now, I'm not tech wizard, but even I could predict that there'd be a huge surge in players when NWN launched and it doesn't take a techie to know that such a thing would stress out the hardware.

So, i have some questions which I'd respectfully like Branflakes to ask of the technical team and post their replies here.

Will there be dedicated hardware in place for the launch of both LoR and NWN when it goes fully live?

Do cryptic accept that, without hardware dedicated to specific games, the sort of problem we've experienced today is inevitable if games are succesful and attract players?

Does cryptic recognise that the launch of LoR is likely to attract a huge number of people on launch day, making the numbers that tried to log in the day the anniversary event went live pale into insignificence?

Are they planning to radically expand server hardware capability, or are they hoping to sort it out with a software band-aid? Or, worse, are they just counting on our desire to play the new expansion to make us overlook the technical neglect?

first it's not NWN it is just NW,
    second if you read the post Bran put up it says they have new hardware going to be put in place that to me indicates that they are going to seperate the two games so this does not happen or are going to add things in where the and players to each game does not cause a outage again.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lurker49a wrote: »

Id use it in an arena for the lulz
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OMFG. Everything will be reset! Starting off as ensign, wiped accounts, no boffs. Back yo T1 ship. and a monkey pet from cryptic as a 'we're sorry token.

Breaking News:
    3rd of March. The day humanity discovered ESP. In an eventful moment at a gamedeveloper Company, the collected hampsterlike rage of the global community created a singularity in the offices of Perfect World. -Sucking everything up and spat it back out in atoms.
    /Floozy
  • lukem2409lukem2409 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
  • wargillwargill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is no one else freaking out??? oh wait...
    Give me all your latinum... Hew-mon!!
  • jonathan#1031 jonathan Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know.... I got a game where you pimp out cars for drifting.... I got it off Micrsorts win 8 store... maybe I should play that one?
    <|>< . . . <z^>< . . . <zX^>< <( (..) )> oO(There's always a bigger Fish in the sea.)
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Man if just like, 10% of you people would click on my sig link and reply to that thread we'd get the re-race option. C'mon, folks. Do a good deed!

i might not mind a re-race option..but since i already made 14 HOT looking toons, why do i need it? Is it a pvp thing for better race traits? Oh wait, we are supposedly getting those in LoR...so why??
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • pakledworldpakledworld Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lurker49a wrote: »

At least now I can end the misery *Points phaser at head*
    Pakled World Entertainment: Looking for things to make STO go since 2011.

We have found it: General Server Stability. We are strong now...
  • chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • dinos2012dinos2012 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I already hate neverwinter and i never played it.... and because of today.... i never will. good job
    neverwinter = BOYCOTT just like coca cola sneaking Aspartame in their 16 oz bottles at one time so i boycott them and soon to be PEPSI with their PEPSI MAX with you guessed it ASPARTAME so the moral of the story neverwinter = Aspartame
  • captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It doesn't take that long to replace a switch or a router lmao. Sure replacing a hard drive then restoring the data but nothing else would take this long to replace and start back up. Even if something in the game server died, it doesn't take hours to replace, lets say a GFX card, then reboot the computer and start loading up all the files.
  • wilsonfrontierwilsonfrontier Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Click the sig link. Reply to topic.

It's a thread about adding the ability to change your toons race. And if more ppl said they want such... it might happen.
  • darkstarmetdarkstarmet Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can see it now at cryptic the days event

first to arrive "tech comes in turns on the update."
    second to arrive"supervisor comes in plugs in coffee maker"
    third to arrive "Game designer plugs in TV"
    Fourth to arrive"Computer message (game crashes to much plugged in)"
    last to arrive"Tech support gets on and turns computer on and says "you computer is down" then gets up get coffee and goes watch TV with everyone"

How long is that show going to last before STO server is up again
  • boyscout1971boyscout1971 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yep tribble is down too
  • sardiajaxsardiajax Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013

What was confusing? Click his sig, sign if you want a re-race option....simple enough.
  • mattimeo97mattimeo97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    allanlay wrote: »
    But, my Doffs. They are waiting for me to read their reports and send them on more missions. What will become of them?

Dude, they're going to start drawing on the walls with crayons.

Just watch.

Your ready room? Like a TRIBBLE Jackson Pollock blazed through.
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wargill wrote: »
    Is no one else freaking out??? oh wait...

freaking out....nope...been sitting here since 6 pm PST....the servers are dead Jim....the login server appears to be offline..and without that...no login...sigh
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • dinos2012dinos2012 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    omfg. Everything Will Be Reset! Starting Off As Ensign, Wiped Accounts, No Boffs. Back Yo T1 Ship. And A Monkey Pet From Cryptic As A 'we're Sorry Token.

Breaking News:
    3rd Of March. The Day Humanity Discovered Esp. In An Eventful Moment At A Gamedeveloper Company, The Collected Hampsterlike Rage Of The Global Community Created A Singularity In The Offices Of Perfect World. -sucking Everything Up And Spat It Back Out In Atoms.

I Feal Your Pain ! ! ! ! ! ! !
This discussion has been closed.