test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

2 May 2013 - Temporary Outage (Resolved!)

Comments

• Options
    darkstarmetdarkstarmet Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah how about let the event for crystal go about 7 days more. it would help us all out that could not be on during the time. Got some but not all.
  • Options
    kyee8484mtw9kyee8484mtw9 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1 shard away from 50k dilithium award.
    Pissed with the server crash, but understandable.
    Hope they extend the deadline.
  • Options
    kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you want to play Dungeons & Dragons go play DDO Online...its alot better than Neverwinter will ever be.....sad to say...was hoping for it to be better...sigh
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Asking for compensation for unexpected downtime in an ONLINE game? Really? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tom40s wrote: »
    what is neverwinter?
    its DnD sorta ....
  • Options
    wilsonfrontierwilsonfrontier Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Crystaline Entity thing was gone this morning folks, well before this crash. It's gone.
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    :mad:
    Brandon,

I have one character that needed one shard to complete the bonus mission. Last night I couldn't get a connection and the lag was terrible. This morning I plan to log in before the event ends, and the server is down. It'd sure be nice to understand how we won't lose our progress but we can't queue up for the event anywhere. Am I stuck at 13/14 forever?

the event will re-run

if some would learn to read this was not a one time it will re-run and for the ones that didn't finish can do so then.
  • Options
    mikallvnvmikallvnv Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This just makes me want to download another game.. hmm Hawken, Planetside 2 or Guildwars 2?
  • Options
    innerphoenixinnerphoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bwahahahaha Perfect World only fixes things that inter-fears with them making money , you guys should know that by now
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    STo servers are the servers we need, not the ones we deserve.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    mattimeo97mattimeo97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd be excited for neverwinter except for a few things.

#1. It uses the shooter mode from STO which you cannot change and if you get zerged by many npcs if you hit attack with your mouse like 6 times or more you most likely will not strike the intended 1st target which is problematic for me.

#2. Neverwinter is just a copy of STO, in perm shooter mode, totally 150% reused STO assets, they just traded in starfleet uniforms for shiny armor. I wouldn't doubt it if one of the people of never winter told you to report to admiral quinn or j'mpok.

Edit: I would be impressed though if they tried to make neverwinter feel like I am not going thru the federation leveling progression because anyone who has played STO for a long time can see it.

LOL, no.

The guts of the engine are the same. Beyond that, there's a lot happening that's far better implemented than STO. Neverwinter has the benefit of being designed to be what it is from the ground up, and not a half-assed, cobbled together port of a sub game to a F2P model. It's certainly not the most inventive thing out there, but as it stands, it's already lightyears ahead of STO from a systems standpoint. I'd hate to see STO's legacy codebase at this point.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hypl wrote: »
    Asking for compensation for unexpected downtime in an ONLINE game? Really? :rolleyes:

free pizza coupons would be nice , while we wait we can get stinking fat with food
  • Options
    dinos2012dinos2012 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so does this mean i wont get to run crystalline one last time...
    Try and see if you can connect to the game first ..FRUITCAKE !..worry about crystalline afterwards.
  • Options
    tidalwave082tidalwave082 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Way back in the day when PvP broke so hard it was impossible to play, you guys gave us all a free badge and emote. If we've been so good about a failure that caused EVERYONE in THREE games to be unable to play for HOURS cause they are all crammed on one server, it would be really nice if we got something now, like Veteran Boff vouchers for everyone.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    my cat's breath smells like kitty litter
  • Options
    captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If theres a server called Redshirt, one called Tribble, and one called Holodeck, that implies 3 different servers. That should further imply that all other PWE MMO's are all on their own servers so exactly WTF piece of hardware blew up that caused every game to crash????????? Your router??????? I can not see anything extensively hard to fix, hardware wise, that would cause everything to crash UNLESS your running multiple MMO's on the same server and that is not logical.
  • Options
    kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its DnD sorta ....

I think it's "trying" to run on the 4.0 ruleset...which is not the best too
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • Options
    suffer1suffer1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Instead of saying: "there has been a problem" (Massive MASSIVE DUH!!!!) how about actually telling us what happened?!?! :confused:
  • Options
    gryspeertgryspeert Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so does this mean i wont get to run crystalline one last time...

TRIBBLE forgot about that now i wont get this event damn i only needed one more shard:(
    My Imaginary Friend commited suicide
    Pick your superstition sit back make a wish and Enjoy yourself
    Ah, it's great to be young and insane!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    how can I make more posts show on each page? too much clicking...
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cassiann wrote: »
    City of Heroes may NOT be the best example as they disappeared without any warning to the players.
    Not true. We had several months warning.

Still hurt, tho. :(
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    pakledworldpakledworld Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If theres a server called Redshirt, one called Tribble, and one called Holodeck, that implies 3 different servers. That should further imply that all other PWE MMO's are all on their own servers so exactly WTF piece of hardware blew up that caused every game to crash????????? Your router??????? I can not see anything extensively hard to fix, hardware wise, that would cause everything to crash UNLESS your running multiple MMO's on the same server and that is not logical.

Whoever said Pakleds were logical?
    Pakled World Entertainment: Looking for things to make STO go since 2011.

We have found it: General Server Stability. We are strong now...
  • Options
    dfbackdraft1dfbackdraft1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One two three four five... testing
    " To boldly Go... Till we run out of gas... "
  • Options
    medic9193medic9193 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Aw poopers. Well hope to see the game back up soon. But, if not take your time and do things right. No repeats. :)
    y2idwb.png
  • Options
    daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So let me get this right, you fellas are too cheap to keep two different games isolated enough that problems on one won't impact the other? Good planning
  • Options
    jonathan#1031 jonathan Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Battle.net for star craft back in the day had different regional servers
    <|>< . . . <z^>< . . . <zX^>< <( (..) )> oO(There's always a bigger Fish in the sea.)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    my cat's breath smells like kitty litter

my question to you sir and one everyone is asking is ...what are you doing sniffinf your cats mouth...you know what else they do like there . um parts....lol
  • Options
    mikallvnvmikallvnv Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Crystaline shard event was over with the morning patch..lol
  • Options
    dfbackdraft1dfbackdraft1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    right now " connecting to login server " is my most hated combination of words..
    " To boldly Go... Till we run out of gas... "
  • Options
    boyscout1971boyscout1971 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll bet this isn't back up before the A.M.
This discussion has been closed.