test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

2 May 2013 - Temporary Outage (Resolved!)

Comments

• Options
    bdeloreanbdelorean Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just logged on today for the first time in about two years. I made it as far as the ship yard before I got booted, when the server crashed. Are you sure I had nothing to do with it? :D
  • Options
    phoboss4phoboss4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Need a hand with the repairs? :)
  • Options
    boyscout1971boyscout1971 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if you think they're gonna throw you a cookie for all this time down you're dreaming
  • Options
    kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Bran....seems like you are going to have a Loooong night....so i'm sending you over a thermos of coffee....a 30 pack of beer and a half gallon of tequila bud....think you will need it while dealing with this hahaha
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • Options
    imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

Thank you SO MUCH for your patience during this outage.

We have isolated the hardware failure and we are slowly bringing back all services, step by step, to ensure there are no more unexpected networking hardware issues.

The portal-wide beta test launch of a new game (Neverwinter) on our network is an extremely exciting time for us and we thank you again for your continued patience and support as we work out the issues during this testing period. Be assured that we are absolutely committed to launching an excellent game while maintaing our current network of games, and would like to thank all of our committed players during this time.

We'll have new hardware in place and us up, shined and secure, soon as we can. Thank you for being amazing, supportive players and helping spread the message while we get things resolved. We will keep you up to date as the situation progresses.

Thank you,

The Perfect World and Cryptic Team

I had no feelings either way toward neverwinter before, but then it crashed my Trek! :mad: lol :P
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Go to bed people. It's easier to play in your dreams than on the STo servers.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    sardiajaxsardiajax Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    icegavel wrote: »
    To avoid something like this in the future, take a tip from the players: Use separate account/login servers for each game, and only share an account database. That way, too many players in one game won't blow up all of them.

Just a tip. :D

Logic has no function here. Pitty.
  • Options
    dfbackdraft1dfbackdraft1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    how many gorn eng does it take to reactivate a ward core?
    " To boldly Go... Till we run out of gas... "
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let us refine all the dilithium we want for 24 hours as a thank you for not tearing down PWE HQ

I second this motion.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    boyscout1971boyscout1971 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is the answer zero?
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aoav160 wrote: »
    How about adding 10% Zen to all accounts?

The game is down a couple of hours and people want stuff already.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, every time they have scheduled maintenance, the server goes down within 24 hrs for one reason or another, is that always true or just most of the time? O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    wilsonfrontierwilsonfrontier Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh, if anyone else wants the ability to change your toons race... go post here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=618411 :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    declare war on neverwinter!!
  • Options
    jonathan#1031 jonathan Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so how so I change my avatar anyways? Also... my account was linked to a PW account so... this name was a name I had given my self at the time because I wasn't sure if China was going to put a bag over my head and ship me in a frrieght cargo container and put a bullet bill to my family here in the states.... can I change my user name?
    <|>< . . . <z^>< . . . <zX^>< <( (..) )> oO(There's always a bigger Fish in the sea.)
  • Options
    bbfknightbbfknight Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So your new game made my beloved game crash, I say get it off my server.

I agree

already making money hand over fist.. go get another server...
  • Options
    trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have school in 8 hrs. i gotta get some sleep. Peace!
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • Options
    happystanhappystan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gryspeert wrote: »
    happystan
    Ensign

Today, 08:12 PM
    Quote:

"You could learn more by watching paint dry, and that is less damaging to one's brain than one episode of BBT."

watching paint dry IS damaging to one's brain

Thank you Captain Obvious...

Yeah, that's kind of the point of the joke. The Big Bang Theory is even more dangerous to your brain that paint fumes.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    The game is down a couple of hours and people want stuff already.

Can I haz your stuff? :P
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    skquigeskquige Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sonoframon wrote: »
    Bran, I think all of us wouldn't mind seeing a few hundred zen in our coffers as a token of our forgiving you of this inconvenience.... Don't you think?

forgivenes would be alot ezer that way
  • Options
    dinos2012dinos2012 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's almost 1 AM 5/3/2013 and the server is..RED ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !! !! ! ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:
  • Options
    kitsune424kitsune424 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if you are taking requests I'll take a temporal Science Vessel :P or 43 master keys XD I kid I'll get them myself :P Thank you for finding the issue and besure to fix it right to save yourself some time later
    We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • Options
    chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    as i said hours back i was dling your neverwinter at 300-400kbytes/sec and about an hour later it dropped to 30 and would not come back up..i canceled went into trek and it was laggy as heck...then this....poof....

you might want to consider bit torrent to get that game out or other bits especially when they are huge files.
    you can then rent a bunch a cheap 100megabit servers in differing locations for a month and then scale back as required. cheap ....well a 10GB space server ( enough to hold your files and add security and software goes for about 9.99 american/month )

add 10-20 of those ina bit torrent swarm and you have a cheap solution to get the 4gb game out and you can put say a few in europe and other places so stress of networks is minimized.
    i knew this might happen....hence why i speed tested the neverwinter game download.

just a two cents worth that might help the game people save a buck or do things as cheap as possible and give us players and new players to other games a good experience.
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bbfknight wrote: »
    I agree

already making money hand over fist.. go get another server...

Ok I hate it when people do what I'm doing now but, this, basically, this!^^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    one dreadnought and can call it even
  • Options
    bbfknightbbfknight Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    More information related to the outage please - Neverwinter announcements should (in my humble opinion) wait until the STO servers are back and performing at peak.

I agree with this too! that game better NOT be working before STO is
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    At this point, Cryptic should give us all Reman boffs as compensation.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    pakledworldpakledworld Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ummm wow. My screen says this...

Welcome, pakledworld.
    You last visited: 12-31-1969 at 04:00 PM

Damn, didn't even know these boards were working in 1969....
    Pakled World Entertainment: Looking for things to make STO go since 2011.

We have found it: General Server Stability. We are strong now...
  • Options
    wilsonfrontierwilsonfrontier Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    See, I knew the lag this week wasn't on everyone else's side. It was too wide-spread geographically. I knew it was central.
  • Options
    evostvoevostvo Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Neverwinter is a very poor game, Startrek has been out for 3 years and still has bugs from launch that desperately need to be fixed, Neverwinter never had a chance, just a bad game and old engine
This discussion has been closed.