test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server/ Launcher Outage -- All Cryptic games affected (Engineers working to resolve)

Comments

• wargillwargill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i was worried it was just me... although I was going into a pvp scenario that was like leading lambs to the slaughter. Unfortunately I was a lamb :(
    Give me all your latinum... Hew-mon!!
  • sjokruhlicasjokruhlica Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh well. I've been wanting to go play Fallout 3 again for a while now anyway.
  • goddessiscariotgoddessiscariot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sela's new cape got stuck on a power cord..

Bahahaha :)
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    velqua wrote: »
    I have a feeling it is going to be worse when Season 8 comes out. Not sure if I would like to spend time in line and getting kicked out or just doing something else until the hype dies down.

Think of the anniversary event then magnify by an order of magnitude
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    https://twitter.com/PWE_BranFlakes
    Hi Captains! It appears everything is down (all Cryptic games and services). We are working to resolve this ASAP. We'll update you soon.
  • whoami4whoami4 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got disconnected also :( .
  • stelakkhstelakkh Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Uh oh, Cryptic is threatening to fix something!!:eek:

Oh, god help us.

Maybe if they like, I don't know, separated NW and STO servers? Or maybe that's what they're doing?

Or perhaps they're all over on FB laughing hysterically for us for thinking they'd post on the official forums instead of Facebook, or at least before they posted on Facebook.

Facebook is evil, Cryptic.

Wait...

This explains EVERYTHING!
    Actual Join Date: August, 2008
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited May 2013
    more posts needed we got 70 pages b4 it came up last time :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • requiemfangrequiemfang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well this certainly sucks... me thinks a large majority of the hamsters cryptic/PWI uses to run the servers decided to kick the bucket or go on a very long coffee break >.>
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know what?

I think it's a good thing that the server crashed (and not because it forces me to stop procrastinating on work).

This way, the servers actually get the attention they have needed for the past couple days (server lag, disconnects galore).
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • luxandraluxandra Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valoreah wrote: »
    Yeah, this isn't an exaggeration or anything....:rolleyes:

In regards to the issues that WoW had? No, it's actually not an exaggeration, it took them the better part of 6 months after launch to finally get everything settled to a stable format.
  • spherbspherb Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What would a mirror universe STO MMO be like, would server down be working as intended?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • austg76austg76 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tribbles must have been feed and got into the server........
    What a World...Server Crash...Respawn....borg Invades ...Respawn...
  • blznfunblznfun Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    luxandra wrote: »
    Why are you attacking my post? My post was in regards to someone else, and it was being sarcastic in nature.

The sarcasm is weak in this one. :rolleyes:

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic...
    jeremy-t_doff_signiture5635.jpg
    =/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
    Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
    Original Handle: the_orig_jean_luc_picard
  • stulloydstulloyd Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To be Fair. STO only ever really crashes when they do a patch or an Update. Like now. We've had an Update 2day. Game Crashes. We had an Update last week. Game crashed. LOL. notice the patteren. LOL. New Update. Game crashes. Nearly always happens after an STo Update. 21st of May expect the game to crash daily after the Romulan updates. LOL. At least until they fix them & the devs are just lazy here. Thats why when they update. it crashes. As they never bother to test the update out b4 making it live. LOL. I mean has any1 looked at the Tholian Rep Space Equipment yet. Granted the EVA suits off the new rep Equipment in tribble. Nice & Original. But the look of the space set on ship is basically Borg Engines with Jem'Hadar Shields & Deflectors. Now thats lazy. Hench lazy, bad DEVS. Give them some credit. LOL.
  • gyhoulgyhoul Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Every time I try and open the game launcher, the connection times out. I've restarted my machine and checked my internet and they are fine. Is anyone else having this issue?
  • darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Down dooby do down down
    coma coma :)
  • doublea2012doublea2012 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol you MAD BRO!!!
  • sofa01sofa01 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Jay go to bed
  • greasemonkey981greasemonkey981 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stelakkh wrote: »
    Oh, god help us.

Maybe if they like, I don't know, separated NW and STO servers? Or maybe that's what they're doing?

Or perhaps they're all over on FB laughing hysterically for us for thinking they'd post on the official forums instead of Facebook, or at least before they posted on Facebook.

Wait...

How dare you bring logic and proper IT protocol into this situation!!;)
  • gr4v1t4rgr4v1t4r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stelakkh wrote: »
    Oh, god help us.

Wait...

Frankly I rather have them working on the servers rather then wasting their time by appeasing nerdrage on the forums, but hey, maybe that's just me...:rolleyes:
    Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    askray wrote: »
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • afreebyafreeby Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is Cryptic aware that the game is down?
  • theodrimtheodrim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Uh oh, Cryptic is threatening to fix something!!:eek:

"Due to recent server stability issues, Subnucleonic Beam's cooldown has been increased to three minutes, and no longer strips buffs from targets. EPS Power Transfer now no longer increases power setting levels, and Attack Pattern Alpha now grants +30-80 power resistance against all damage types depending upon weapons power setting".
    Somebody getting uppity about canon? No problem! Just take a deep breath, and repeat after me:

Spock's Brain.
  • bayonettawiccanbayonettawiccan Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup, lots of players getting this. at least 1 other thread about it.

First I get disconnected after I logged into my Rom on the tribble server with a Fatal Error message earlier this week, now this. Swell...
  • jaxjaguarsjaxjaguars Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Picking my nose is giving me entertainment at the moment
  • captrod71captrod71 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    any time frame of when we will be up and running?
  • howiedizzlehowiedizzle Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    theodrim wrote: »
    Goes right there with your straw man. Throw in affirming the consequent and an ad hominem, and we'll have a full set.

Ummm... My "straw man" was presented in the form of a question, sooo... Not really seeing that as a fallacy... I'm sure someone could, but I'm going to be dismissive to that... As for ad hominem, I'll just call you a tard monger and be done with it...
  • wargillwargill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this makes me wanna have a smoke... oh wait I don't smoke.
    Give me all your latinum... Hew-mon!!
  • lozo2lozo2 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anybody ever try the Sulu cologne from StarTrek.com?
This discussion has been closed.