test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crystalline!!!!! Aaahhhh

bombadier2bombadier2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
1 SHARD AWAY!!! THE EVENTS GONE AND I WAS 1 AWAY!! The only reason I ddn't get that was because there was one day I couldn't get a shard because it was bugged and I and my team were unable to kill the entity, because of that failed attempt I am now 1 fking shard away from it!!! Please, since it was the bugged mission's fault I ddn't get tht shard that set me back, can STO please supply me with 1 MORE SHARD!?
Post edited by bombadier2 on

Comments

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You do understand on that day you could have done the instance again right?
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • eddymeatmceddymeatmc Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Missed it too due to life, was three off, oh well...
  • bombadier2bombadier2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I couln't have done it again, thanks to the 20 hour countdown, I could only do it once that day, and I am not about to stay up untill past 2am for the STF penalty to cool down
  • trimenranger1trimenranger1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you do know they gave you 21 day to get 14 shards right?
    Trimen Ranger
    Admiral Federation Tactical Corps
    >Star Fleet Elite Force< Click if you are ready to boldy go where no one has gone before.
    Seek not the final frontier if you fear the unknown. -Admiral Trimen Ranger
    edited May 2013
    yes but I had only just recovered from my pc exploding and having to repair it, download STO again and by that time I had only just enough time to get all 14 shards
  • rjewkesrjewkes Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Also the 20 hr CD was only on getting the shard, as you did't get a shard you coulda waited the 30-4 minute replay CD and won it for the shard. you are only limited to one shard per 20 hours not one attempt per 20.
    signature2.jpg
    galacticguards.enjin.com/
    Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009!
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I couln't have done it again, thanks to the 20 hour countdown, I could only do it once that day, and I am not about to stay up untill past 2am for the STF penalty to cool down
    Only the shard drop was on a 20 hour cooldown that started when you picked up a shard. The instance itself was only on a 30 minute cooldown, like Starbase 24.
  • philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2013

That was not true in my case. I was in a failed attempt and was able to leave and queue up again immediately. This second grouping successful completed the event and I got my shard, no cool down.

I hope you tried...
    Are we there yet?
    edited May 2013
    ofc I tried
  • dilbartdilbart Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just game. Relax.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    but...50k dilith...I was gonna get a new ship with that
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    but...50k dilith...I was gonna get a new ship with that

Save up for a week then?
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Perhaps we should have a general "Event end Argh!!" topic.

When the winter event ended there was complaining about too little time, with the CE event there is complaining about too little time and going back further i'm sure these topics were here for previous events also.

I get the frustration when people are a little short of completing and time runs out, but i don't get the complaining.

In the time provided it was possible to almost run through it twice and even if the event was extended for 1 week then people would run out of time.

Hence the general "Event end Argh!!" topic. A topic for people to blow off steam and for everyone else to ignore.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No matter how long an event runs, there will always be players who were "just about to get it" when it ends.
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Life sucks, doesn't it?
  • howiedizzlehowiedizzle Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The entire premise of this event was dumb... Spend 10 minutes a day for 14 days and get 50k dilithium... Hmmm...

10*14= 140 minutes = 2hr 20 minutes... Reward = $5 in Dilithium that has to be slowly refined over 6.5 days...

Seriously people, if you want large amounts of dilithium, spend $20 on Zen and exchange it, don't waste your time with TRIBBLE like this...
  • sasheriasasheria Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The entire premise of this event was dumb... Spend 10 minutes a day for 14 days and get 50k dilithium... Hmmm...

10*14= 140 minutes = 2hr 20 minutes... Reward = $5 in Dilithium that has to be slowly refined over 6.5 days...

Seriously people, if you want large amounts of dilithium, spend $20 on Zen and exchange it, don't waste your time with TRIBBLE like this...

but I saved $20 :) It was not bad. Pretty easy fight if you build yourself correctly with good rotation.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • mendrormendror Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I stopped doing the event as soon as I realized I wouldn't get the reward.

Really stupid, I hate these events that force you to log in everyday.
  • pilotgodpilotgod Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mendror wrote: »
    I stopped doing the event as soon as I realized I wouldn't get the reward.

Really stupid, I hate these events that force you to log in everyday.

I did the same too when life caused me to not be able to run it enough times for the full reward. Stuff happens, I understand that and not upset about it in anyway. What I do wish is that I could clear that event off. Having it sitting there mocking me is annoying, especially as I am a bit OCD and don't like having things that are half complete that I can't either complete or delete.
  • variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Maybe I should just start sending Cryptic checks and never actually play STO. I mean really why waste my time on the game itself?
  • mrspam404mrspam404 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    variant37 wrote: »
    Maybe I should just start sending Cryptic checks and never actually play STO. I mean really why waste my time on the game itself?

LOL this!! Not everyone wants to fork over 20 bucks for zen all the time. I'd rather "waste" my time as the other guy said grinding projects than spending cash I can use elsewhere in real life. Btw, everyone who completed this got 1000 fleet marks and 100 after that for every shard they got. For alot of fleets, especially smaller ones this was a bigger reward than the dilithium. I like it more anyways. Not to mention it was so easy. Easily the easiest way to get 100 fleet marks, in that amount of time in the game. :eek:
  • leonov2leonov2 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If I may say, I recall reading that the CE is coming back in the future as well (maybe in the summer), and I do think I remember hearing that it may come with shards (don't take my word too heavily on that, just trying to remember what I read on the Blog post). So you may be able to complete it later when the event comes back (I recall it will be something like the Mirror Universe Event when it does come back.)

Another good thing if you think about it is this, when it does come back, the dilihtium exchange might be down to 110:1 or 100:1 (rather than the 130:1 it is at now.) Though that also comes down to whether or not the demand for Zen skyrockets due to the the Romulan ships being introduced and such. If so, then we may see higher values like we saw starting around July all the way to November of last year (~300:1-350:1).
  • ashman7286ashman7286 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can't believe nobody has asked this question. What do we do with the unfinished project??? We can't delete it so it's just sitting there preventing us from doing any future event projects that may pop up.
  • tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the idea would be that at a later point the event will return and you will be able to complete it.

That would seem to be the logical reason for making this a "reputation" event as opposed to to the way they have done other limited time events.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    warpangel wrote: »
    No matter how long an event runs, there will always be players who were "just about to get it" when it ends.
    yeah, it happened with the oddysey give away too.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1 SHARD AWAY!!! THE EVENTS GONE AND I WAS 1 AWAY!! The only reason I ddn't get that was because there was one day I couldn't get a shard because it was bugged and I and my team were unable to kill the entity, because of that failed attempt I am now 1 fking shard away from it!!! Please, since it was the bugged mission's fault I ddn't get tht shard that set me back, can STO please supply me with 1 MORE SHARD!?

take a chill pill it will be back everything comes back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lord7tareqlord7tareq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes but I had only just recovered from my pc exploding and having to repair it, download STO again and by that time I had only just enough time to get all 14 shards

Yes and a dog ate your homework :)
  • shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The entire game is designed to compel you to log in and play every day. The events are designed to compel you even more to log in and play every day within a specific time frame. If you don't/can't play, you don't get the reward. They do give a little slack in the event (you could miss 7 out of 21 days). Sorry if life got in the way, it happens. Nothing given away in the game will adversely affect your life if you missed out though. It'll barely have an adverse effect on how you play the game.

No matter when they end a limited time event, some people will wind up getting cut off. They could run it an entire year, still only require you to get 14 shards, and there would still be that guy who missed out. "I just came back from the game after nearly a year hiatus and I didn't have enough time to get 14". Just no way to please everybody. Hope you have better luck next time.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You won't lose any progress, so the next time the event runs, you can get the one shard you need. They've said it will run again, so it will be possible to complete it at some time in the future.

Cryptic will have to do something if they come out with another "event reputation" event before that time, as the incomplete project would block the new event project as the system currently works.
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited May 2013
    mrspam404 wrote: »
    Btw, everyone who completed this got 1000 fleet marks and 100 after that for every shard they got. For alot of fleets, especially smaller ones this was a bigger reward than the dilithium. I like it more anyways. Not to mention it was so easy. Easily the easiest way to get 100 fleet marks, in that amount of time in the game. :eek:

mmmm, not exactly accurate but i guess it depends on the play style you enjoy eg:

If you run the Defera Hard missions during Fleet mark hour you get 60 fleet marks per mission so 4 x 60 = 240, with myself and 2 others (minimum needed) I can complete all 4 missions in 15-20 minutes or about what the CE event was taking with 10 ppl , Medium missions award 30 fleet marks and Easy missions award 10 Fleet marks if IRC.

Supposedly on the 21st of may they are introducing a way to cancel projects so you can clear it at that time. KDFdefera channel is an open channel to help KDF players find teams since its always underpopulated with KDF. Personally i'm glad for the event but probably will never run CE again after making 300 runs over 18days (20 toons completed event for 1mil worth of dilith, 5 i gave up on due to lag issues). Just a rumor but supposedly there will be a summer event in late June/early July on Risa like the winter event and who knows what that will award if it's true, Bikini armor anyone? :D

Good Hunting
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]