test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to get energy credits

trainmaster2000trainmaster2000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Federation Discussion
I would like to know the best way to get energy credits.
Post edited by trainmaster2000 on

Comments

• thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Replay older missions and sell the gear.
    Play existing missions and sell the gear.
    Do the Tour the Galaxy event.
    Buy things in the C-Store with Zen and then sell them for Energy Credits. For example, Keys are selling for around 1.4 million ECs each.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • tlamstriketlamstrike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Replay "A Light in the Dark"> Get the Neutronium armor and sell it on the exchange.
    My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug. :D
  • bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited April 2013
    Rerun the breen featured episodes and get the breen space set. Do 2 or 3 foundry missions that are quick combat missions. If you've got a collection of rare commodities buy Strangle Alien Artifacts, do the science doff mission and sell the Powered Alien Artifact.

Use Dilithium to buy zen. Use zen to buy fleet modules or keys. Sell them one the exchange. I would actually sell keys. They will practically sell before you post them.

Laugh hysterically at the irony of making EC in a game about a society that doesn't use money. :rolleyes:
  • sjameshsjamesh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I get most of mine from the tour the galaxy event.
    Say NO to ARC!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Some guides out there on how to monetize tours really nice and efficiently, quickest routes for most runs in the hour.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I get mine from doing missions over and over. And sell all the loot you can get. I'm either farming Dil in the Deferi sector or doing the Romulan Rep. Each one gives you decent loot. To sell.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bohiap wrote: »
    Rerun the breen featured episodes and get the breen space set. Do 2 or 3 foundry missions that are quick combat missions. If you've got a collection of rare commodities buy Strangle Alien Artifacts, do the science doff mission and sell the Powered Alien Artifact.

Use Dilithium to buy zen. Use zen to buy fleet modules or keys. Sell them one the exchange. I would actually sell keys. They will practically sell before you post them.

Laugh hysterically at the irony of making EC in a game about a society that doesn't use money. :rolleyes:

Ya know what. I've never tried to strangle artifacts before, now I can make ec's and take over the galaxy :P

(lol couldn't resist)
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • satanailofhwbgsatanailofhwbg Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    DOFFing and SFTs. Yesterday alone for a total worth of 1.5 mil. If I'm active, I get around 1 mil EC per week only from commodities, the alien artifacts are a bonus. On a regular run of the space STFs I get around 150-200k per round (CSE-ISE-KASE). If there is a good drop - for example Purple Disruptor beam with ACCx2 CrtD- that's additional 900k.

The reality is that you need to find your own way.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For merely 10M EC, I will sell you the secret of how I can earn 10M EC in about 30 seconds!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For merely 10M EC, I will sell you the secret of how I can earn 10M EC in about 30 seconds!

Pssh. I'll give the secret to you and one of your friends for only five million each!
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    EC isn't hard to make, ive made just over 3mil in a week and ive only been playing that long :)
    I also have around 25-30k dilithium which is something i need to drastically increase now im level 47 going on 48.
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The first thing would be to get to 50 asap. Low-level items usually aren't worth much, both on the exchange and selling them to a vendor.

Doffing, running farming foundry missions, doffing, keeping an eye on the exchange (especially if you know what certain doff and boffskills are worth) and perhaps even more doffing.

Making EC also gets much easier if you're running more than one character.
  • rvlion79rvlion79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are a few methods of making EC. I am certainly not an expert, but this KDF dog has learned a few tricks in time. ;)

First of you have 3 important methods of "dumping" your loot.
    1. The good old replicator which you can use anywere. Just open your Inventory -> Replicator -> Recycle and dump your stuff. - Please be advised that this method is fast, but gives the least EC for items.
    2. The Vendor - This NPC will buy items you wish to sell for more EC then the Replicator, so always a better choice.
    3. Exchange - Player economy... Some things sell for LOADS, while other things here are worth nothing.

My advice would be to try and sell as much as possible on the exchange, not only because it helps your fellow players, but also because you can make a lot more EC then with Replicator or Vendor.
    There is a BUT however. You should always check 2 things:
    a) What can I get for it when I sell it at a Vendor.
    b) What are other players asking for this item on the exchange.

If you try and sell at a higher price then what the Vendor will give you, but at a slightly lower price then your fellow player your item might get bought with a nice profit for you.

Always be mindfull of the 2 items (a + b) however... I have seen on many occasion that players put things on the exchange that are cheaper then (s)he would have gotten from dumping in the replicator. That is very bad EC management if you want to grow your wealth (at least as far as I am concerned).

Sometimes it happens that your item will not be sold, then either lower your price on the exchange or sell at a vendor. It depends on how much patience you have.

Also what already has been mentioned...
    Replaying old missions and sell the loot...
    For example sell any piece of the mk xi jem hadar set for example for 100k at the vendor or 80k in the replicator.

I hear said that anomalies for crafting can be in high demand and sell for a nice price on the exchange... If you are willing to grind for them.

In time you will discover many tricks of your own.
  • oldorcguyoldorcguy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

1. Buy duty officer mini packs for less than 120k, green doffs for less than 60k, blue for less than 180k, purple for less than 540k
    2. Break all the green, blue, and purple down to common.
    3. Sell the common.
  • trainmaster2000trainmaster2000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks guys!
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL, mostly common DOFFs will make you more money then rarer ones, because people need them for their Fleet Bases.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited May 2013

foundry gives some nice drops too tho it capped.

also if u get 1st place in starbae24 minefield etc... u can get some nice drops some times worth 6mil+
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • earloftharearlofthar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This post should have said. Give me all your ideas how I can make EC. So the dev's understand and nerf them in the next patch.
    Stonewall@LordHarconan

Lifetime Member
    Vice Admiral of the Omega Family Fleet
    (228 members and growing)
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    1. Ker'rating at VA level gives you nice drups, if you have the gear for doing the most damage on an enemy to actually get the loot. MK XII blue and green is quite common in Ker'rat, and if it's a cunsole, you can really get lucky. The most cummon drups are MK XII blue Tetryon Pulse Generators (1 mil each).
    2. Fundry battleship 1 vs 1 (do it twice for maxing out the cap).
    3. STF's (sumtimes you get purrple MK XII rewards, and if they are dual heavies or beam arrays, you can get rich).
    4. Space fleet actions (scoring first or second gives you purrple MK XI stuff, again if it's a cunsole, you're the lucky dug).
    5. Buy out stuff off the exchange which is sold for less than the vendor value, go to the vendor, sell it. I did 2 millions in one hour like that.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1. Do the mission that gives 1 Lobi Crystal.
    2. Visit the Lobi Store.
    3. Buy the [Miser's Delight] edition of the Rules of Acquisition.
    4. Read the rules, and contemplate how to apply them to your gaming experience.
    5. Profit.
    edited May 2013
    earlofthar wrote: »
    This post should have said. Give me all your ideas how I can make EC. So the dev's understand and nerf them in the next patch.
    The Devs don't care how many EC you have. EC's a dead currency to them as it buys nothing that matters to Cryptic. Every C-Store item bought with ECs means someone bought it with Zen first, and that's all Cryptic cares about. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • mekhtahmekhtah Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL, mostly common DOFFs will make you more money then rarer ones, because people need them for their Fleet Bases.
    This is completely wrong. Only the hard to find white Doffs, such as Security, Operations, Medical, etc. are worth anything. Standard sci are worth 3k.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • goltzhargoltzhar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Use the exchange! Find out what's worth something and buy cheap and sell with a profit.

Example 1. Today I bought a DataChip for 1000EC and is worth about 2.7 milion.
    I have done this about 8-9 times.

Example 2. Bought 2 Tuffli Class Freighter for 14 and 11 milion and sold one of them for 89million. Now they are about 120mil

Learn how to use the exchange to your advantage!
    edited May 2013
    mekhtah wrote: »
    This is completely wrong. Only the hard to find white Doffs, such as Security, Operations, Medical, etc. are worth anything. Standard sci are worth 3k.

I routinely sell science doffs for 6k and that's only because I want to clear them out of my inventory in under 4 hours. You could easily sell them for 7k-8k if you are willing to wait longer for a return on your investment (like load them up prior to signing off for the night).
  • earloftharearlofthar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    The Devs don't care how many EC you have. EC's a dead currency to them as it buys nothing that matters to Cryptic. Every C-Store item bought with ECs means someone bought it with Zen first, and that's all Cryptic cares about. :)

Incorrect. I have played this game for years. They nerf EC grinds and High valued items as much or if not more then Dil grinds.

Keeping a stable market is where some items become ultra rare, hard to obtain with out massive amounts of EC is good for them. Why because they can release that same item or like (doff) in lock box drops so people will spend real $$$ to pop the boxes.

you are right that everything leads back to the zen, but don't think they don't understand the player markets and economy of the gave.

All resources they are driving to make hard to make.
    Stonewall@LordHarconan

Lifetime Member
    Vice Admiral of the Omega Family Fleet
    (228 members and growing)
    edited May 2013
    earlofthar wrote: »
    Incorrect. I have played this game for years. They nerf EC grinds and High valued items as much or if not more then Dil grinds.

Keeping a stable market is where some items become ultra rare, hard to obtain with out massive amounts of EC is good for them. Why because they can release that same item or like (doff) in lock box drops so people will spend real $$$ to pop the boxes.

you are right that everything leads back to the zen, but don't think they don't understand the player markets and economy of the gave.

All resources they are driving to make hard to make.
    Incorrect. I have played this game for years too, and Cryptic doesn't care if you have 1 million EC or 1 billion. I currently have well over 1 billion divided between my alts right now. :)

If Cryptic cared about EC values they wouldn't make it possible to sell ships for 500 million EC - or even allow you to buy 4 Keys with your Stipend and sell them for 5 million EC on the Exchange. Nor would they let you run a Tour the Galaxy and make a million or more from 1 event.

ECs are there to distract you from the true economy: Zen to Keys/Lobi.
    edited May 2013
    oldorcguy wrote: »
    I routinely sell science doffs for 6k and that's only because I want to clear them out of my inventory in under 4 hours. You could easily sell them for 7k-8k if you are willing to wait longer for a return on your investment (like load them up prior to signing off for the night).

If this is the way you make EC, you need to stop contributing to this thread. You make more cash by selling a white Mk VI engine than you do one of your doffs. Missions are faster than your method. The OP is looking for a good method to use to get EC quickly, and in vast quantities.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Incorrect. I have played this game for years too, and Cryptic doesn't care if you have 1 million EC or 1 billion. I currently have well over 1 billion divided between my alts right now. :)

If Cryptic cared about EC values they wouldn't make it possible to sell ships for 500 million EC - or even allow you to buy 4 Keys with your Stipend and sell them for 5 million EC on the Exchange. Nor would they let you run a Tour the Galaxy and make a million or more from 1 event.

ECs are there to distract you from the true economy: Zen to Keys/Lobi.

Well until they allow us to use Dil/Zen on the actual exchange (which I hope they never do) EC will always be the currency of products. You can't buy something from someone for Dilithium, only EC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    mekhtah wrote: »
    If this is the way you make EC, you need to stop contributing to this thread. You make more cash by selling a white Mk VI engine than you do one of your doffs. Missions are faster than your method. The OP is looking for a good method to use to get EC quickly, and in vast quantities.

Considering I have no issue selling science doffs for twice the price you think they are worth I seriously doubt you have any clue as to the value of my method of making EC. But hey, you keeping spreading the gospel of mission running. The more people that buy into that, the less people selling doffs, and the higher I can set my prices.
  • jetwtfjetwtf Member Posts: 1,207
    edited May 2013
    I sell Doffs on my alts. But I sell sci doffs for 10k during the weekdays and 20k on weekends with no problems. anyone selling for less than 10k is undercuting the market. and by undercuting the market you will be driving down your own profits in the long term.

Everyday at 6 pm pacific time i do a farm foundry mish on 2 lvl 50 alts plus my main and make around 1 million ec per alt and more if i get purple drops. so easy 3 mil there. then i use my third alt kdf doing the same but once he reaches lvl 40 i transfer everything i can to my main and reroll him. he makes an easy 2 million ec in the same foundry farming from the exchange because prices for comander and captain gear is higher than rear admiral lower for the more common trash drops and even greens and some whites are worth selling. So everyday i can make 5 million total in about an hour.

So Doffs an easy 1 mil per toon on 4 toons and then 5 mill from the foundry run and I make about 10 mill per day spread to all my toons with the extra drops from doing actual play to make up the last mill. So if I could just stop buying stuff I dont really need I could have 100 million every ten days.
    "I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man. :eek: