test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help! Unable to see chat

I've been playing for a long time now and have not had any major technical issues, but yesterday morning I noticed I was unable to see messages others were typing on Zone chat except for a few (5) people.

Me and a friend tried to troubleshoot and we:

- Left and joined zone chat
- Tried out other chat channels
- Made sure all the checkboxes for zone were checked
- Tested different tabs
- I sent a support request to tech support, with no reply after over 24 hrs.

All to no avail, my friend saw Zone chat messages but I could'nt and still cannot.
To add insult to injury, after a few non-repetetive messages on Zone chat yesterday, I was muted, with the system message saying: "You have been flagged as a spammer".

I know for a fact I did not spam, but I endured the 24-hour silence anyway and if anyone can help fix the chat problem, I'd appreciate it. :)

Regards,
Loyal Star Trek fan and player.

PS - After mute ended, I found I was still unable to talk on Global chat. Anyone help? :'(
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ironically, one of the 5 people whose chat I can see in Zone is a fleet spammer, who has posted over 20 messages so far and still going lol.
    edited May 2013
    Bump! Issue still persists.
    edited May 2013
    Just found out am not able to receive PM's either except from a few friends. Team chat still functions.
    edited May 2013
    Thanks to Reso, we finally figured out the problem and I recovered all chat abilities!

Turned out I was on whitelist, fixed by typing:

/whitelist_chat 0

Have no idea absolutely how I got on it, one night I logged off fine and the next morning I was on it, so system must have glitched and put me there automatically. As I saw on the original thread that helped resolve this, I'm not the only one.

Hope my experience helps others out. My heartfelt thank you to Reso, who after all the trollers and idiots who paid me no heed or were reporting me for spamming (A couple of friends told me what you guys were saying though I could not see Zone chat myself, I hope you're reading this), he reached out a helping hand; even refusing compensation for it. So, after all I went through I gained a friend and learned something new; no complaints. :P =D
  • lobsterhands19lobsterhands19 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks a million to Reso and yourself for that solution as it worked perfectly, i had Zone chat back in an instant after losing it a week ago. :D
    edited May 2013
    Congratulations! Glad the issue is fixed for you too. =)