test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Cryptic Game Launcher has stopped working" (RESOLVED!)

Comments

• ozac123ozac123 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i am from europe and now i have the same problem , i can input username and password but as soon as i hit 'login' it freezes on 'loading launcher'.

edit : nvm frob fixed. :)
  • joshl7889joshl7889 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i cant get in either. had a white loading screen, got to the login and then the launcher wouldnt load. now its just a white screen again
    *Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
    *Junior Tactical Officer* But sir the cube IS right in front of us.
    *Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.
  • kitsmerkitsmer Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Trying to launch STO and launcher is just a white screen. Anyone else experiencing this?
  • origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    its finally fixed
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Neverwinter Open Beta just started and the heavy load has borked the webiste they use for their launchers, it's having a knock on effect here and on Champions Online too.
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ok so im playing happily testing out my D'deridex with the nukara space set when all of a sudden CTD now i cant launch the game because the launcher goes whit with a "Loading please wait".
    And it doesnt load up just a pretty white screen so idk since the failed pre patch last evening the launcher has been strange at time for me.

And now its just not working
    edited April 2013
    Neverwinter Open Beta just started and the heavy load has borked the webiste they use for their launchers, it's having a knock on effect here and on Champions Online too.
    edited April 2013
    defalus wrote: »

Oh wonderfull -_-
    edited April 2013
    Neverwinter Open Beta just started and the heavy load has borked the webiste they use for their launchers, it's having a knock on effect here and on Champions Online too. I got this from the NW forums.
    edited April 2013
    It is possible to get around the launcher by going into your game files and in the test server sub folder, loading GameClient.exe, using this should load the game to the in game log in screen.

I logged into STO a few hours ago no issue now the loader just sits at loading.
  • unkoalaunkoala Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The solution of exiting steam and run the program directly from the directory game works.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's not the Open Beta. This has been affecting me for almost a month now.
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ... feels like a pvp-que ^^..."will it ever pop?!" :D. loaded launcher on 4th attempt. white screens for several mins, before and after login. no "engage" yet. :(

edit: finally seems to work after about 10 mins loading time (seems to check version right now).... i can see engage.... cya :)
  • vhylevhyle Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Mine is trying to load. It brought up the window for the login info after a couple of minutes. When I hit the button to get into the game, the window stayed there a sec, then went all white so I'm assuming it's trying to load.

I don't have the steam version, so I'm just going to let it sit there awhile, I'm sure it's just a lot of load going on. Didn't realize they shared the same login server, seems kind of... stupid to me.

Guess whatever cuts costs.
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    First happend to neverwinter (open beta) and now STO.I think their cheap internet connection just showed why is cheap.I did the mistake to quit STO to start neverwinter...bad idea :rolleyes:

now what will happen when LoR is released?
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just getting a white window, nothing happens at all :/ Been like that for 10 min now :(

Really Cryptic?? Do you NEVER learn from previous instances, where this, or something very similar has happened to your Launcher??

Better fix this before LoR launches, or there will be an angry mob :eek: :D

But seriously, fix you Launcher ASAP Zulu.
  • fletch57fletch57 Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    not loading here either.:( 1:40pm est
  • stoggyreturnsstoggyreturns Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No the solution isnt running it without steam thats ridiculas. I am having a similiar issue as most of you i think. I click to boot the launcher and all it does is sit there doing nothing saying please wait loading and nothing happens.
    edited April 2013
    It is possible to get around the launcher by going into your game files and in the test server sub folder, loading GameClient.exe, using this should load the game to the in game log in screen.

This is what i got

The wed site is currently offline

The website is currently offline . we apologize for the inconvenience and are working to return to service as soon as possible.

Thats what i got going throgh the sub folder lol
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well, I finally got to the login screen after quite some time, input my info, clicked log in, and now at a new white screen...

Will update this post if anything happens...

**EDIT**
    Just got into the Launcher proper, so it does seem to work, but albeit extremely slowly, and it's not exactly a blistering DL speed on Tribble either, so I have long wait to patch up it seems, wich makes me a sad panda :(
    **EDIT END**
    edited April 2013
    No the solution isnt running it without steam thats ridiculas. I am having a similiar issue as most of you i think. I click to boot the launcher and all it does is sit there doing nothing saying please wait loading and nothing happens.

You can skip the launcher by loading the gameclient.exe up from your installation folder in the live sub folder or one of the test server sub folders if you want them instead. May still have issues connecting to the account server once in though.
  • rextorvan36rextorvan36 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited April 2013

timeout connecting to account server......but it did partially work in circumventing the launcher.
  • cairellacairella Member Posts: 0
    edited April 2013
    Ok not to get trolled but this seems like a case of no one seemed to care to bother to think that:

"Hmmm open beta of neverwinter something that people might just be interested in... Lets take care of the server so that our other games won't suffer or so we won't have problems on launch day.."

But wait that makes too much sense.. So I'll just go ahead and ask this question..is this what i'm should expect on LoR day? because if so i'll hold out on giving you my money for my Legacy Pack....I don't want to wait a day or a week or so before being able to log in and use it......

Thanks and right when i thought you guys were on the right track.. -.-

~ A frustrated beta tester who really wanted to get on tribble -.-
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    "Unable to establish connection to patch server". :(

5th time in a row.
  • vhylevhyle Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ok, looks like the patcher is actually trying to load and work now, been about 5-8 minutes. It's taking awhile, but it's actually trying to get something done. There must be tremendous load going on for it to be going so slow. I'm pretty surprised about this, because I would have thought STO had it's own dedicated login server.
This discussion has been closed.