test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Extend Crystaline event!!

zztopperszztoppers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
THis might seem selfish. But there is another reason I want it extended. 1 I did not get credit for one of my shards. I am 1 short to make the deadline. I also am on mission short on another character MY Fault here!

All in all I have no complaints. I did file a bug report on the shard I did not get. But most of all. Since tech support will not give me credit for anything. (As they never have in the past for anything ever) I think they owe us this one. I mean really what good is it tohave tech support if they never ever ever ever X1000 give us credit for errors. I mean really I work in customer support. If someone has a complaint and it is a small thing. We just give them credit. I don't expect this all the time and understand it invites repeated requests for free stuff. But I really think they owe us one for all the great years of support for STO.

Give everyone another chance. Extend the event or lower the timer to let us have an extra shot at a shard.

Like I said I know this is a selfish request. BUt some of us have legitimate complaints and they have a zero tolerance policy for compensation. As I have never heard of anyone being compensated for anything game related!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post edited by zztoppers on

Comments

• Options
    bermanatorbermanator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    +1, I'll be missing my final shard by a couple of hours (literally 2 - 3). These past few weeks for me have been terrible (as far as playing STO goes), with power outages, no internet in hotel... Normally, this kind of thing would be no problem for me, but I think Cryptic rigged this one for me not get the shards :rolleyes: (jk)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,408 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Im game for it. :) I started it on one other toon but wont have it done in time. :(
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    elandarkskyelandarksky Member Posts: 1,013 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    while extensions never normally happen in MMOs (short of the makers deciding it suits them)

I would hope people who havent got all 14 get a scaling reward, (less dil/fleet marks pet shard missig) :)
    [Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You know what will happen if they do? People, who stopped because they couldn't get 14 shards in time, will complain.
  • Options
    feefyfeefy Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    You know what will happen if they do? People, who stopped because they couldn't get 14 shards in time, will complain.

This mainly. I know a couple of people in my fleet who did stop; even though I told them how they could make it. I finished it with 5 characters and the only reason it's going down to the line with the 6th is because I didn't have it at level 50 when the event started. Even with that and 2 days away because of a weekend family vacation; I'll be able to make it on that 6th toon simply because I had the time to 'exploit' the 20 hour cool down to basically gain an extra day.

So while I feel the OP's pain and understand where the OP stands; I cannot agree with the OP because I do know it would be unfair to others.
  • Options
    shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Something similar happened with the Winter Event race for the Breen Ship. Even though it only required you to run the race on some fraction of the total days, people missed it a lot due to holidays family obligations and whatnot. Cryptic declared a bit of amnesty and extended the event. Whether that happens this time or not probably depends on their metric of how many people have actually finished it. At some point you just gotta call it, and some small fraction of people will miss out.

My concern is actually with the project itself. We currently cannot cancel reputation projects. If you don't finish, does that mean that project slot will be locked out when the next event starts? Will it auto-cancel when the event ends, or will we finally get the ability to cancel projects as a solution?
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • Options
    zztopperszztoppers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    feefy wrote: »
    This mainly. I know a couple of people in my fleet who did stop; even though I told them how they could make it. I finished it with 5 characters and the only reason it's going down to the line with the 6th is because I didn't have it at level 50 when the event started. Even with that and 2 days away because of a weekend family vacation; I'll be able to make it on that 6th toon simply because I had the time to 'exploit' the 20 hour cool down to basically gain an extra day.

So while I feel the OP's pain and understand where the OP stands; I cannot agree with the OP because I do know it would be unfair to others.

I do agree with you. The reason I thought it important to post this thread is. I had been doing the mission. And did not know about the cool down time until I did it a second time. Before I realized there was a cool down and might not get all 14 shards. I was right up against barely being able to get the 14 shards in the time. One mission did not give me a shard. SO I wont get the reward. And another was my fault. Also most other missions with a cool down. DO not allow you to pick it up again until the cool down is over. With the event if you don't read the details, it is really easy to miss the cool down part. Like happened to me!

Also by making this thread they might not do something this time. Maybe they will present it better next time. I mean there is nothing special about this mission where I would want to play the mission over without the rewards. So why not have a cool down timer and have us pick up the mission after the 20 hours?
  • Options
    rvlion79rvlion79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I do not agree with the OP about extending the event.

The event itself was from april 11 or 12th untill may 2nd. So in theory you would have had 3 weeks to do a 2 week event.

I spend loads of real money in the hopes I got the bug ship during the event, which I did not get...
    I still spend loads of money right after my monthly payday in the hopes I actually get something different out of the Dom.lockbox instead of a worthless Mirror Vo'Quv carrier...

If for whatever reason you was not able to come online for 20 minutes in order to join the event while it ran it sux big time, but you missed the event. Like I missed many events in the past in several MMO's that I have played.
  • Options
    kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My concern is actually with the project itself. We currently cannot cancel reputation projects. If you don't finish, does that mean that project slot will be locked out when the next event starts? Will it auto-cancel when the event ends, or will we finally get the ability to cancel projects as a solution?

I agree, devs should provide information about what will happen if you can't complete the event on the same day the event is published
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would like to be able to join in on this. But the game still won't let me play at all. :(
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited April 2013
    I like time-limited events. I don't mind missing them, and if I make it for them its like something cool I can share with other players "Hey man, remember when they ran X event?" "Yeah I was there, that was so cool." Extensions happen, LOTRO just extended their 6th anniversary event. If Cryptic wants to that's cool but it ought to be the exception.

Now, what I think they definitely should do is run the event again in, say, August or September when folks will have Romulans up to VA. Let people continue and finish up their projects or start new ones.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    torgaddon101torgaddon101 Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nxt week maybe and give returning players a chance to get 50k dili, before LoR starts.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    After today's massive lag storm causing people to be unable to do the CE Event, they really should extend the event to the weekend.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I suspect that this time they'll give people access to the shard turnin rep project if they didn't make it in time.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    milesvaugnmilesvaugn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If I recall correctly, they said that the CE would return along with the LoR expansion on the 21st.

Ideally, what could happen is that anyone who plays the CE event in specified rotating times (similar to how academy events, etc. are handled) after the 21st will get a single shard as a completion reward -- what those folks will not get is the ability to slot the current limited time reputation project. They will still be able to turn in their shards on other event projects -- though not the sweet limited time one -- and folks who started the project and were unable to complete it will have a chance to get the last few shards they need.

Naturally, catching the event on the scheduled times will be more difficult, and take longer to get a certain number of runs. At least though, nobody loses out or ends up with an uncompletable perma-project jammed in their event reputation system.
  • Options
    kyias1kyias1 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    In case a dev reads this thread:

Something I would like to see with these timed events is different tiers of rewards. Every timed event we have had so far involves a daily event of completing a task..and you have to do it for 2/3rds of the given time.

What would be nice is if there were different selectable rewards. Say I came into this event with 5 days to go: it would be cool if there was a 1-5 turn in to gain a reward. I love the idea of the 14 day reward but it would be nice if there were lower tiers for players to obtain.
  • Options
    bermanatorbermanator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    milesvaugn wrote: »
    Ideally, what could happen is that anyone who plays the CE event in specified rotating times (similar to how academy events, etc. are handled) after the 21st will get a single shard as a completion reward -- what those folks will not get is the ability to slot the current limited time reputation project.

This. I would be happy with this idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As the Crystaline Entity event is one of those seemingly heavily affected by all the lag and connection problems on 4/30/2013, I suspect that there will be people who will miss out on the chance to get a shard today (when there are only a couple days left.)

the connection and lag problems all seem to be on Cryptic's side of things, probably being affected by the Neverwinter Launch, I think it would be a great gesture of goodwill for them to extend the event even just a day or two, as there are surely a number of people who will miss their reward now because they have been unable to participate in the event today.

I just think it would be an awesome gesture on their part.

Peace
  • Options
    agp54agp54 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed. I'll be just shy of 14 by the end of the event if I don't get it today.
  • Options
    morkargh117morkargh117 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You just can't win in this kind of situation...
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited May 2013
    I agree, devs should provide information about what will happen if you can't complete the event on the same day the event is published

^this

wondering what happens with unfinished event project also, they really should have put in a timer like for the normal dailies which would inform you of next time you were eligible to earn a shard. But I managed to finish up the last of event on 20 toons yesterday so now just have to refine everything :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nalonalo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I can agree with that but not the op I missed days had one toon who fell way behind but I managed to get I think 7 my current round of 50's anyway.

I figure if you miss the mark the shards can then be put toward the fleet mark one. However if you put them in before hand maybe a runners up prize idk
  • Options
    longasclongasc Member Posts: 490
    edited May 2013
    I wonder what will happen to those who don't get 14 shards in time.

All or nothing is quite harsh.
  • Options
    johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to see the event counter extended, and the number of shards lessened. A lot of players work and its hard to get on every day. I'll land up one short on most of my toons.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they will have to wait till the 21st to cancel it...that's when you will be able to cancel projects.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    adabisiadabisi Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know there has been planty of time to do the crystalline event but I chose the last 14 days of the event due to real life and time restrictions etc.

I forget to check the calendar and then today I did ..April only has 30 days..DOH I thought it had 31......Now I have 10(of my 12)toons that will be 1 short......

Any chance on a day extension.

I doubt it is feesibible as there has been generous days alloted already but it cannot hurt to ask.

And beause i hjave so many toons dilitiuhm is never an issue but MY next question is if there is another even not Cryatalline in the near future will i be locked out of it because I have 13 of the 14 and there is no way t0 cancel the quest.

If you do another event please feel free to delete my Crystalline one which has 13 of 14........and yes I know I could have saved them until i had 14.
    Today we fight the GAULS......monstrous and HAIRY beyond reason.
  • Options
    lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    little dork hi hi :P
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
  • Options
    imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zztoppers wrote: »
    THis might seem selfish. But there is another reason I want it extended. 1 I did not get credit for one of my shards. I am 1 short to make the deadline. I also am on mission short on another character MY Fault here!

All in all I have no complaints. I did file a bug report on the shard I did not get. But most of all. Since tech support will not give me credit for anything. (As they never have in the past for anything ever) I think they owe us this one. I mean really what good is it tohave tech support if they never ever ever ever X1000 give us credit for errors. I mean really I work in customer support. If someone has a complaint and it is a small thing. We just give them credit. I don't expect this all the time and understand it invites repeated requests for free stuff. But I really think they owe us one for all the great years of support for STO.

Give everyone another chance. Extend the event or lower the timer to let us have an extra shot at a shard.

Like I said I know this is a selfish request. BUt some of us have legitimate complaints and they have a zero tolerance policy for compensation. As I have never heard of anyone being compensated for anything game related!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

During the winter event this past year, one of my character's finished with 960 glossy photos due to the "restart" function being broken. I was pretty disappointed.
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since today has been really laggy for no explained reason as yet, I'd think extending the event for at least this weekend would be a good move by Cryptic. Lag nearly prevented me from getting the penultimate shards for all my characters. I hope things improve in another 13 hours.
  • Options
    mersh21mersh21 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rvlion79 wrote: »
    I do not agree with the OP about extending the event.

The event itself was from april 11 or 12th untill may 2nd. So in theory you would have had 3 weeks to do a 2 week event.

I spend loads of real money in the hopes I got the bug ship during the event, which I did not get...
    I still spend loads of money right after my monthly payday in the hopes I actually get something different out of the Dom.lockbox instead of a worthless Mirror Vo'Quv carrier...

If for whatever reason you was not able to come online for 20 minutes in order to join the event while it ran it sux big time, but you missed the event. Like I missed many events in the past in several MMO's that I have played.

Exact situation Im in, bc of getting paid once a month by the time i knew about the jhas chance in the doff packs i couldnt get one even though i spent a ton of money, same thing with the winter event, i wish they would extend all kinds of deadlines for special offers but oh well.

Im also going to miss my last shard on my second toon by a matter of hours which sucks but oh well

They do it for the reason that i just did earlier, which is bought the rommie legacy pack right away for fear of missing out on it. If the extension is granted because people complained then that will just open the door for more complaining every limited time event from here on out.

It would be nice but i dont see it happening