What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Extend Crystaline event!!

Comments

• Options
    angelfire25angelfire25 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so what happens when its over? does the project gets put on hold or dissappear? Does upcoming new feature projects overtakes the crystalline project or i'll be stuck in progress with this project???
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so what happens when its over? does the project gets put on hold or dissappear? Does upcoming new feature projects overtakes the crystalline project or i'll be stuck in progress with this project???

If they don't have any events planed till LOR then I imagine it will stay there, than when LOR comes out you can just cancel it, since the cancel rep projects is on tribble.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    seraphantillesseraphantilles Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got my 12th shard on April 30th at 11:58 PM.

The event says I get to do one per day. I based my timing on what it says in the event (once per day ... ending on May 2).

Therefore I should be able to do another shard tomorrow, and lastly, one on May 2 before the event ends. That would be consistent with the "once per day" thing.

I better get my dilithium.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got my 12th shard on April 30th at 11:58 PM.

The event says I get to do one per day. I based my timing on what it says in the event (once per day ... ending on May 2).

Therefore I should be able to do another shard tomorrow, and lastly, one on May 2 before the event ends. That would be consistent with the "once per day" thing.

I better get my dilithium.

depending on your timezone, if you manage to get it before the servers go down.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's been running for ages, I'd rather see the event reputation project have a timer. Rather than it be a daily. Some days we have more time to play. So for me I'd do as many shards as possible in 1 play session. Then wait 14 days on a reward timer.
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    You know what will happen if they do? People, who stopped because they couldn't get 14 shards in time, will complain.

Not this guy I'll be singing the praises from the cliffs on Sumiko IV!

I stopped because I couldn't seem to get more then 1 shard a day (which i thought was on purpose) and since my disease often requires sleep (too sick to play sometimes) I decided it wasn't worth it. Is it by design to be 1 per day?
  • Options
    wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not this guy I'll be singing the praises from the cliffs on Sumiko IV!

I stopped because I couldn't seem to get more then 1 shard a day (which i thought was on purpose) and since my disease often requires sleep (too sick to play sometimes) I decided it wasn't worth it. Is it by design to be 1 per day?

Yeah 1 per 20 hours as daily event I believe. That's why I'd prefer a 14 day project timer on the reward. Rather than a daily timer on the shard.
  • Options
    shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wazzagiow wrote: »
    Yeah 1 per 20 hours as daily event I believe. That's why I'd prefer a 14 day project timer on the reward. Rather than a daily timer on the shard.

Except that this event, like the Winter Race, is yet another way the game is designed to get you to log in every day. Cryptic and PWE don't care how long you play at a single go, they want you to be compelled to check in every day. Even if you only play for 1 hour every day, that's still more time overall than one 5 hour session on a Saturday then coasting all week. Plus, making it part of your daily routine ensures that you will be much less likely to lapse and stop playing. This is time honored Free to Play game design, just look at how Zynga games work. These games survive by dangling treats in front of you that you have to come back every day to get. Thus, daily events, 8k per day dilithium cap, 20-24 hour Doff assignments, 20 hour reputation projects, daily Foundry reward cap, etc, etc. I don't malign Cryptic or PWE for this, it's the way a F2P game survives.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • Options
    spork87spork87 Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I stopped when I realized ill be a day late, but I will not cancel the project, if I am unable to finish it just sits there, and I wont participate in any future events until I can finish this one, I'm not wasting my 14 current shards. So by making this limited in this fashion just means i have no reason to participate in any future events untill i can finish this one. Kinda ruins the F2P idea as well, I will have zero reason to login daily during there next event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rvlion79 wrote: »
    I do not agree with the OP about extending the event.

I'm ok with the idea. If they set it up to allow only each character to complete it once, I'm fine with extending it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tribbleorlfltribbleorlfl Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not normally one to complain about this type of thing or call for an extension or compensation for the downtime, but in the case of yesterday afternoon's server issues, they quite literally cost me the reputation award.

Because of my newborn daughter, I've obviously not been able to play STO as often or as long as I had prior to her birth. Since the release of the new CE fleet action and the limited-time reputation project, I'd missed a couple days of play due to my parental duties and really have only played during my lunch break long enough to run CE and mine and refine dil.

Yesterday at noon EST, I tried to log in w/ 3 more shards left to complete the reputation project. That would allow me to log in yesterday, today and tomorrow at noon on my lunch breaks to play CE to get my shards before the end of the event at 10 am PST (1 pm EST) tomorrow. However, after failing to be able to log-in, I had to go back to work and couldn't get back on till 11.

As it is, because of the 20 hr CD on the shard reward, I'm going to come up 1 short. I know, I know, we had an extra week than needed to collect the shards for the reward. However, it's extremely frustrating when I play the game as much as I can and have a set plan in order to earn the rewards w/ a little time to spare, yet will lose out because Cryptic couldn't handle the load from ANOTHER GAME.

I guess I'm OK if they decide to not extend the event during to their server instability but can assure us a) the CE reputation event will be run again and b) we will not lose the shards we've already submitted to the reputation program. Otherwise, I'm one unhappy camper.
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would irritate me slightly if they extended it, because I considered collecting shards on one of my alt characters, and decided not to, because I would be two days short. If they extend it, then I will have given up the reward on that toon for no reason.
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why is the event being ended?
  • Options
    shockwave85shockwave85 Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because it was announced from the start as a limited-time thing. My understanding is that the CE fleet action itself will remain around, or at least will come back with LoR, but the special reputation project to get a truckload of dilithium and Fleet Marks is going away.
    ssog-maco-sig.jpg
  • Options
    zztopperszztoppers Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrG-lsrXKRM

Help stop the nothing!

I do remember right after the winter event they had the Q photo available in the Lobi store. I don't remember the price. But I just checked and it is not available anymore. And I do not remember the price either.

But if they could do the same for the Shards. That would be really cool!

They would not make anyone mad and those who got close could complete the requirements!

As someone said before. What are you going to do with those 10-13 shards you got during the events. Was it all for not? Even if you could only get 1000 Dil per shard. At least that would be something!

Lets hope we hear something from Cryptic on this!!!
  • Options
    captainmatt2captainmatt2 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it should be extended. I have lost 3 crystal shards. I said something about it and yet they weren't returned to me. The same thing happened when things just started to disappear from my characters. Cryptic never returned anything. The least that can be done is either return my shards or extend the event 3 more days.

Matt :)
  • Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I kinda wish they did this event after LoR, so that our romulans/remans were able to get the crystal pet.. ohh well, c'est la vie.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • Options
    cyckathcyckath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Possible I am misremembering, but weren't they saying there would be a way to get shards after the event finishes, either as reward for 1st/2nd/3rd or during an event hour instead?
  • Options
    gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Events should end when scheduled, it's crazy to assume and expect an extension of every event. We'd still have the winter event going if that's the case. What should be done although considering there are people who haven't finished their project. Make it so the project can be cancelled and shards returned. Unlock the 1 shard 100 FM project for those who haven't completed the main project. This way people who haven't gotten 14 can still exchange their shards for something.

I understand people have RL things that can complicate ingame events. My daughters birthday always fell on double xp weekends when I was playing City of Heroes. We can't expect events to be extended, or as I said earlier..... nothing would end..
  • Options
    imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I kinda wish they did this event after LoR, so that our romulans/remans were able to get the crystal pet.. ohh well, c'est la vie.

Personally, I can't get attached to a pet crystal. My purple epohh has really grown on me since I decided to wait on trading him in for Romulan marks (now I just can't do it), but the other fluff pets don't really do it for me. I think I could really get in on the collectibility factor of them if they didn't take up all of the inventory space! I hope they'll make a "pet box" that we can store them all in, then I'd enjoy them much more.

Edit: I want my fireworks to be slot-able in my pet box too!
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • Options
    xscorp1onxxscorp1onx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't really have an argument. I just made it to lvl 50 on Sunday. I just hope they continue with the shard mission for those of us who didn't get a chance to get in to the missions to earn shards.
  • Options
    freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member Posts: 269
    edited May 2013
    So... all my shards are gone I guess? I'll have to log in and find out... How pointless for me... There are players abusing the foundry for UBER amounts of dilithium and I can't even get the 50k reward due to RL... thanks Cryptic?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    gypsyblade wrote: »
    Events should end when scheduled, it's crazy to assume and expect an extension of every event. We'd still have the winter event going if that's the case. What should be done although considering there are people who haven't finished their project. Make it so the project can be cancelled and shards returned. Unlock the 1 shard 100 FM project for those who haven't completed the main project. This way people who haven't gotten 14 can still exchange their shards for something.

I understand people have RL things that can complicate ingame events. My daughters birthday always fell on double xp weekends when I was playing City of Heroes. We can't expect events to be extended, or as I said earlier..... nothing would end..

Normally I would agree with you. But it is not a perfect world!!

At least once I finished the mission. I clicked on the event reward which included a shard. I went to contribute the shard and nothing happened. There was no shard to contribute. This is not my fault. Previously a week or so ago I sold Dilithium for zen. About 10k worth. I did not receive my Zen yet it did take my Dilithium.

Also this mission is not the norm. I would have been doing them sooner had I known about the countdown. In past mission with a countdown there was a ticker. You had to pick up the mission before you could do it again. I did not know about the cool down because there is no mission to pick up and no ticker to follow. I have learned my lesson at the expense of at least two characters that will not get the event rewards because of these errors!!

It is easy to say you want the event to end on time. You are not the one right up against the clock!!

I could easily run 15 or missions or more before the end. But since I am only allowed one shard per character every 20 hours or so. I cannot get the last shards.

The cool down is our enemy in this case. They should shorten in in the last few hours to allow a little leeway!

Wost of all we have heard nothing from Cryptic. Even the usual we are aware of your concerns. Although you do not qualify for compensation for this instance. Etc. etc etc. Also I t would be nice for them to at least Acknowledge this thread. Even if they will not do anything to help us. It is just nice to be heard!
  • Options
    imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So... all my shards are gone I guess? I'll have to log in and find out... How pointless for me... There are players abusing the foundry for UBER amounts of dilithium and I can't even get the 50k reward due to RL... thanks Cryptic?

And those people are being banned from the game and having their accounts deleted, sooo...
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • Options
    freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member Posts: 269
    edited May 2013
    And those people are being banned from the game and having their accounts deleted, sooo...

The dilithium that they have spent in projects is likely going to stay, am I wrong?
  • Options
    capm7capm7 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Those of you who think there was plenty of time to get all the shards, you obviously don't have full-time jobs, needy wifes and 3 or more children, a sick cat.... did I mention needy wife?

I'm lucky to get online and play on the weekends, let alone through the week, it just don't happen most days.

I've only got half as many shards as I need, so I could use an extended event. Though I'm sure it'll come back around later on too.
    ---Capm
    Founder, Midnight Squadron
    http://www.midnightsquadron.com
  • Options
    mrspam404mrspam404 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was gonna post to call you a dork since you asked me too, but I'm a nice guy and won't do that. :eek:

On a serious not however, you only had to get 14 in 21 days. 1 every 20 hours. I did it like 20 times I think. If you didn't do it, deal with it. But to ask for an extension because you're one short just means you didn't really care that much about it or you would have made sure you had enough along time ago. You're right it is selfish and they won't do it.

And the guy above me? I have a wife. 2 children, and a full time job. I can find the 5 minutes it takes to log in and do the CE mission every 20 hours. At least if I wanna get the reward for doing it 14 times in 21 days. No one is forcing anyone to do it, but don't whine about it later that you don't have the time. Maybe you should have given up the money at your job to stay home and earn shards from the ce. No? Just tell work you still want your money for not doing anything, because you don't have time, your earning shards.... See the irony? Work would tell you too bad, just as its too bad you didnt have time to earn you shards.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mrspam404 wrote: »
    I was gonna post to call you a dork since you asked me too, but I'm a nice guy and won't do that. :eek:

On a serious not however, you only had to get 14 in 21 days. 1 every 20 hours. I did it like 20 times I think. If you didn't do it, deal with it. But to ask for an extension because you're one short just means you didn't really care that much about it or you would have made sure you had enough along time ago. You're right it is selfish and they won't do it.

And the guy above me? I have a wife. 2 children, and a full time job. I can find the 5 minutes it takes to log in and do the CE mission every 20 hours. At least if I wanna get the reward for doing it 14 times in 21 days. No one is forcing anyone to do it, but don't whine about it later that you don't have the time. Maybe you should have given up the money at your job to stay home and earn shards from the ce. No? Just tell work you still want your money for not doing anything, because you don't have time, your earning shards.... See the irony? Work would tell you too bad, just as its too bad you didnt have time to earn you shards.

And who are you?
  • Options
    milandaremilandare Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gypsyblade wrote: »
    ...when I was playing City of Heroes. We can't expect events to be extended, or as I said earlier..... nothing would end..

Definitely speaking from experience. Why is it always with the shards?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    milandare wrote: »
    Definitely speaking from experience. Why is it always with the shards?

Actually for the second time on the same character. Tonight again I went to turn in two shards and only got credit for one. This is some kind of glitch. I am missing rewards on this character because of this!