test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Corrupt Fleet administrators (bosses)

skydoc1skydoc1 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
Quick question for all fleet personnel (any fleet)

Are you denied access to fleet stores because your fleet bosses want tier 5?

Whilst i wouldn't mind this in one sense, we all want tier 5...what i don't understand is why the fleet administrators do have access and also give administrator access to friends that haven't earned enough fleet credits but have access through given rank to the latest fleet stores?

Whilst we (the miniuns) are battleing away to earn dilith for fleet projects, these people have free and easy access to the stores therefore gaining yet another advantage over us poor souls that sink all of our dilith into the projects and then knowing that when fleet stores are opened for us...we've got no dilith left to purchase kit and equipment.

Can anything be done about this...probably not. i just think that this should not happen.

I'd be happy for other views and opinions.
Post edited by skydoc1 on

Comments

• Options
    bootybootsbootyboots Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I run a KDF fleet, House of Sigma

Provisions are costly and every time you have you get new provisions you lose a half a day of progress

To avoid people joining the fleet and using credits earned from other fleets to use up our provisions, we made a 100,000 earned fleet credit limitation to be able to access fleet provisions.

Meaning that you have to earn 100,000 fleet credits while a member of the House of Sigma to be able to purchase fleet credits.

I know of other fleets that have similar rules in place. And now that our embassy is complete we will likely lower that 100k limit soon (as there are less opportunities to earn fleet credits)

Any fleet that totally denies members access to fleet provisions or makes unreasonable requirements should be avoided
    House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
  • Options
    rvlion79rvlion79 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Remember that a fleet is nothing more then a group of people with the common goal of building the star base and embassy... While at the same time getting to know new people. Sometimes the group of people within a fleet simply might not fit together... Which is evident since you complain about corruption.

The fleet I joined grants you rank according to the amount of fleet credits you have earned.
    Higher rank means more things become available. For me the fleet vendors are available at the highest non-officer/non-administrator rank which you become at 200k fleet credits. For a casual and mostly poor player like myself that is a steep climb, but now that I have reached it all fleet vendors are opened for me.

A fleet just like the game itself has to be fun to be in... If not you will get annoyed with the fleet and its people, but later you might grow to dislike the game itself, before that happens it might be best to look for a new fleet to join.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    i really do understand that and have no issues with it but i have over 700k fleet credit yet only the top 2 ranks in the fleet currently have access.

there are other fleet bods, even at noobie sto ranks that have access with only 21k fleet credits.

surely, there should be something somebody could do.

i personally have put so much time and effort into this fleet that surely i shouldn't be penalised whilst others get access?

yes you're right...avoid the fleet...but really, start at the bottom rung again? This is a game and everybody who earns the credits (after cap) should be entitled to the same Fleet Stores as the higher "officers"?
  • Options
    twoblindmonkstwoblindmonks Member Posts: 255
    edited April 2013
    bootyboots wrote: »
    I run a KDF fleet, House of Sigma

Provisions are costly and every time you have you get new provisions you lose a half a day of progress

To avoid people joining the fleet and using credits earned from other fleets to use up our provisions, we made a 100,000 earned fleet credit limitation to be able to access fleet provisions.

Meaning that you have to earn 100,000 fleet credits while a member of the House of Sigma to be able to purchase fleet credits.

I know of other fleets that have similar rules in place. And now that our embassy is complete we will likely lower that 100k limit soon (as there are less opportunities to earn fleet credits)

Any fleet that totally denies members access to fleet provisions or makes unreasonable requirements should be avoided

We have a time gate system. You cannot use provisions at all until you have been a member in good standing for 30 days. It seems to work! At the moment we have so many provisions floating around because everyone is waiting for T5.
    edited April 2013
    We have a time gate system. You cannot use provisions at all until you have been a member in good standing for 30 days. It seems to work! At the moment we have so many provisions floating around because everyone is waiting for T5.

I've been with my fleet for just under 2 years and now i'm banned from fleet stores until tier 5 - awsome seeing as i just spent 5000k on ships with basic weaponry.
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    People wonder why I refuse to join a fleet. I have had so many bad experiences with fleets/guilds across so many games I just don't trust them any more.
  • Options
    pokersmith1pokersmith1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Have you talked to your fleet leaders about this? In my fleet we have a policy of 200k contribution for a toon for it to be eligible for fleet access. We have a lot of members and we cannot keep track of everybody so sometimes people do not get promoted for fleet access even though they qualified and surpassed the requirement already. In that case, it is up to the member to bring the matter to the attention of one of our senior members/leaders and then you get promoted promptly. :)
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    abaddon653 wrote: »
    People wonder why I refuse to join a fleet. I have had so many bad experiences with fleets/guilds across so many games I just don't trust them any more.

i hear ya buddy - seems the best place to be. just need the weapons first lol.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Have you talked to your fleet leaders about this? In my fleet we have a policy of 200k contribution for a toon for it to be eligible for fleet access. We have a lot of members and we cannot keep track of everybody so sometimes people do not get promoted for fleet access even though they qualified and surpassed the requirement already. In that case, it is up to the member to bring the matter to the attention of one of our senior members/leaders and then you get promoted promptly. :)

All access has been banned for everybody less the top 2 ranks. bummer eh?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Time-gating provisions is common too

we only time gate for the fleet bank (robber prevention), as a KDF fleet we have less activity so time-gating provisions isn't a great idea

Also we only look at 100k in fleet credits for access to provisions, beyond that fleet credits are not a consideration for promotion

skydoc1 you need to either get your leadership set right or leave your fleet. 700k and no access to provisions is bullstuff.

There are plently of good fleets out there with leadership that understands that fleets exist at the mercy of its members not some tin-hat dictator. There are always greener pastures and an active player willing to contribute is an asset for any fleet
    House of Sigma (channel KDFdefera for PvE requiring only KDF teams) List of KDF issues [my in-game handle @bootymcboots] (channel KDF Empire for KDF orientated discussion - still in development/growing)
  • Options
    commicuscommicus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    well it just means you need to look for a real fleet. What you are in is friends club...your not one of the friends...sad too.

I mean you spent two years in this fleet and your not important enough to share in what the fleet membership brings?

Time for a change.. i know I would be out of that Fleet..

Of course as the Fleet leader of the Angels in the Darkness.. i do not have that issue.. also Tier 5 is not the end all be all of the game or the point of Fleets.

I always thought being in a Fleet was to be part of a team...i must be wrong though.. so many posts about bad fleets.

Good Luck.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Time-gating provisions is common too

we only time gate for the fleet bank (robber prevention), as a KDF fleet we have less activity so time-gating provisions isn't a great idea

Also we only look at 100k in fleet credits for access to provisions, beyond that fleet credits are not a consideration for promotion

skydoc1 you need to either get your leadership set right or leave your fleet. 700k and no access to provisions is bullstuff.

There are plently of good fleets out there with leadership that understands that fleets exist at the mercy of its members not some tin-hat dictator. There are always greener pastures and an active player willing to contribute is an asset for any fleet

Thanks buddy - i think the time of change is due! its just a real nause for me that i've spent so long with the fleet, starting over will be kinda hard as i've put so much into it. Guess i better look for offers?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    skydoc1 wrote: »
    Thanks buddy - i think the time of change is due! its just a real nause for me that i've spent so long with the fleet, starting over will be kinda hard as i've put so much into it. Guess i better look for offers?

Hey - you got any fleet openings?
  • Options
    edited April 2013

sorry - previous meant for you!
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2013

this is exactly the attitude i come to expect of some fleets, when its a small fleet you have time to talk to everyone, enjoy hanging out, but the more people come on the more distance the leadership becomes and the more remote and colder they come to the demands of those who they once hung out with.

if a fleet can not maintain itself when its other members has more then qualified past the post, it is not the members job to tell a senior officer how to do their job, that is entirely their problem for failure to keep up. if that is too much trouble? then promote more and more to help out with the tasks of managing so many people or revert your fleet to something smaller, more manageable without sacrificing the overall resource loads for fleet projects.

but this is entirely my opinion if i were a member of your fleet.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    commicus wrote: »
    well it just means you need to look for a real fleet. What you are in is friends club...your not one of the friends...sad too.

I mean you spent two years in this fleet and your not important enough to share in what the fleet membership brings?

Time for a change.. i know I would be out of that Fleet..

Of course as the Fleet leader of the Angels in the Darkness.. i do not have that issue.. also Tier 5 is not the end all be all of the game or the point of Fleets.

I always thought being in a Fleet was to be part of a team...i must be wrong though.. so many posts about bad fleets.

Good Luck.

you got any openings in your fleet?
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I like that I may have to start this with my fleet didn't my self know how to come up with a good time to give ppl in my fleet rights for provisions use but I like this sounds fair
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »
    I like that I may have to start this with my fleet didn't my self know how to come up with a good time to give ppl in my fleet rights for provisions use but I like this sounds fair

I highly recommend time-gating and/or fleetcredit gating

The roster tab will show overall holding contributions

for time-gated, the logs wont go back that far, so you will need to track another method. Personally I use officer comments
  • Options
    amberdzamberdz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Access to many items in our fleet is kept locked down just to keep a few individuals from helping themselves to everything. That said, if someone wants or needs something, all they have to do is let the fleet leader know and they get a temporary promotion to make a purchase.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    amberdz wrote: »
    Access to many items in our fleet is kept locked down just to keep a few individuals from helping themselves to everything. That said, if someone wants or needs something, all they have to do is let the fleet leader know and they get a temporary promotion to make a purchase.

That said, what if they already have the right through fleet ranking or "capping" but accessed is still denied?

Would your fleet do that just to get to tier 5 with the top two ranks still havinf access?
  • Options
    philiptoddphiliptodd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

the present fleet that I am a member of a fleet where your rank determines what provisions you have access to. Going up in rank has different types of requirements: 1 is either speaking in fleet speak or using the fleet team speak channel. (which is voice chat) 2 you provide to different types of station/embassy projects. 3. show a willingness to work with other fleet members (does not mean you are going to become best friends with everybody in fleet). It is also important to note that once a week an officers meeting takes place between the fleet admiral( fleet leader) and other admirals. It is during this time that players are discussed among the fleet leadership and from this a promotion is determined by majority vote.
    All of this came about because at the beginning of our fleet, we didn't have much requirement before a member could access available fleet items. It was during this period that our fleet had a major problem with provision raiders, people who joined the fleet, sticking around only long enough to drain the fleet provisions then leave.
    So while I know it can bite not being able to get things from provisions as I too was once there myself but I also recognize why some fleets are doing what they do.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I highly recommend time-gating and/or fleetcredit gating

The roster tab will show overall holding contributions

for time-gated, the logs wont go back that far, so you will need to track another method. Personally I use officer comments

oh don't get me wrong you have to still show love to the fleet still not just you been here 30 days and dun nothing for the fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    abaddon653 wrote: »

I have never had a bad experience... and I plan to keep it that way. Fleets are a great idea for friends, but yeah, I'm not trusting random strangers with real world time and money, and anytime my resolve begins to wane, I only need to come here and read posts like this.
    i hear ya buddy - seems the best place to be. just need the weapons first lol.

It's a shame the only way to acquire most of the end game gear is to trust strangers on the internet. Nice life lesson there, Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I have never had a bad experience... and I plan to keep it that way. Fleets are a great idea for friends, but yeah, I'm not trusting random strangers with real world time and money, and anytime my resolve begins to wane, I only need to come here and read posts like this.

It's a shame the only way to acquire most of the end game gear is to trust strangers on the internet. Nice life lesson there, Cryptic.

you hit the nail on the head there mate!!
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah that's brutal, I was in my fleet long before fleet starbases existed (now 2nd in command) and thankfully our leader is a nice guy, isn't corrupt, and doesn't want to hoard all of the shineys for himself.

Our policy is more relaxed than others - all you need to do is be promoted once. You join as a recruit and don't have any access, to gain access you need to become a "member" - which is extremely straightforward. We have "promotion week" for 7 days starting on the 1st of the month. All you need to do is say something in chat and bingo, you get promoted to member status. If you can't make it online during that week for whatever reason, all you've gotta do is let an officer know beforehand so we can write your name down.

We don't recruit for a few days beforehand or during it, so we know everyone has been with us for at least a week and we've yet to have any problems!

I would recommend finding out what the fleet policy is BEFORE donating all your stuff to help them out - snobbish and elitist command structures make for no fun, so make sure you check before getting involved :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    so...can anybody recommend a freindly non corrupt fleet where i may be able to get some better kit than i have now?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    so...can anybody recommend a freindly non corrupt fleet where i may be able to get some better kit than i have now?

You're welcome to join ours if you follow the same rules as everyone else (listed above!)

Promotion week starts on the 1st, so you'd only have to wait 6 days - and generally be nice and civil to everyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    valoreah wrote: »
    Might also try joining/asking the PublicService channel. I see requests for this on there along with Tuffi invites etc.

That's a slightly different thing.

The people on PublicService are generally asking for an invitation to a fleet starbase of a certain tier so they can purchase items from their stores which their own starbase doesn't yet have.

The thing to remember there - is that when you purchase something from a starbase belonging to someone else, the provisions come out of your own fleet - not theirs.

This means if you don't have access to your own fleet stores, you can't use anyone elses. If you do have access to your fleets stores, get an invite to a T5 base and buy all the T5 goodies :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    guys - game back up !!!