test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PWE to Account Ban all users who exploit in the foundry!

illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
As per http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=639261 podcast, Gecko stated that "PWE considers it theft" and "Players who exploit the Foundry will be account banned. "

So y'all better stop.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    illcadia wrote: »
    As per http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=639261 podcast, Gecko stated that "PWE considers it theft" and "Players who exploit the Foundry will be account banned. "

So y'all better stop.

Err, I believe it is those who use the "Foundry Exploit," not those who simply grind it. For example, I use the Foundry once per day, and play the mission "Left to Die," because it is a fast, simple mission that I can get through. I am awarded with around 3k Dilithium at the end of it.

I hardly consider it an exploit.
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2013

So y'all better stop.

What would constitute a grind playing more than one a day. . . Two three or four. . . How about making the other grinds more interesting then people wouldn't do it simple. . .
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2013
    That's more reasonable to ban for- I was under the impression it was users who just did daily foundry grinds and didn't play for story.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
  • Options
    mn03mn03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Finally! I already complained about this and most people were like "If you don't like it, don't do it". It's not fair if you farm millions of dilithium in a matter of hours. These people deserve a ban.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I played this mission once thinking it was a normal farm mission. So i get banned? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    First i urge people above to edit their posts that even hint about how this is done.

Lets be clear . This is not about grinding. the title is misleading.

If you want to play a hundred missions, go play a hundred missions. This was a specific exploit where people where earning tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands and ive heard even into the millions of dilithium very easily. this is cheating. they know its cheating. there is no way in the game they want you to earn so much for so little. its finding exploits and loopholes and taking advantage of it to the absolute extreme.

players can then trade for zen or whatever which is bypassing real money, and bypassing the need to even play the game. its not fair on other players who play and pay normally.
  • Options
    catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is this exploit responsible for the massive imbalance in the Zen-Dilithium exchange of late?
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is this exploit responsible for the massive imbalance in the Zen-Dilithium exchange of late?

It's possible but I doubt it, given that the refinement cap is still at 8k - it might have caused a slight change but I still think Zen hoarding for LoR is the main reason for the exchange changes.

It's certainly possible though :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Hard to say. Given LoR and the new cstore items that will be coming with it there is also the possability people are stock piling their Zen thus driving the price up.

As to the issue, obviously grinding and exploiting are two totally different things. If they banned people for grinding most MMOs would have no players at all as it is in built into all the ones I have played. Exploiting should be taken care of and those who have done it should also be punished.

If you used the exploit be worried, if you didn't just carry on as usual.
  • Options
    aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited April 2013
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • Options
    pointedearspointedears Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

So y'all better stop.

I stopped reading at Gecko.

Sorry but he really needs to be disciplined or receive a written warning with regards to his conduct.

Not only did he not so long ago insult the players, hes now threatening people ? you know Gecko if you didn't like your job you could always leave.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    what would be nice is a better way to earn EC or a cap on how much you can ask for in game items on the exchange....some of those in game box ships cost quite a lot more then buying a C-store Bundle!!!! Lets say, you buy keys with real money because the dil exchange is out of whack then sell those keys on the exchange, $30 bucks American doesn't buy enough keys to buy many of those ships...making the game out of balance for many.

Frustration...Gurrr

anyways the second part doesn't work I'm just ranting, but ever since they nerfed item farming in the foundry those high priced items are only for the rich and famous aka unobtainable due to yet another topic with issues...crafting..but thats another subject for another thread.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As I recall, what he said specifically was that you're expected to make about 480 dilithium every 15 minutes.

He said you can make more and nobody's in trouble if you're pulling double that number now and then.

But if you're making substantially more, they will delete the dilithium and repeat offenders are being banned by PWE mods who have stepped in because the STO team is too busy to deal with it.

Basically, they're looking for people who are earning much more dilithium than they should be. They're looking for missions that award much more dilithium than they should. And they're banning people who are pulling substantially more dilithium than is intended and repeating it.

I don't know that you'd get banned for setting foot in one of these missions once. You might get the dilithium removed. This exploit allows more than 960 in 15 minutes, right?
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As I recall, what he said specifically was that you're expected to make about 480 dilithium every 15 minutes.

-snip-

I don't know that you'd get banned for setting foot in one of these missions once. You might get the dilithium removed. This exploit allows more than 960 in 15 minutes, right?

Yes, by several orders of magnitude :D :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    mn03mn03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I stopped reading at Gecko.

Sorry but he really needs to be disciplined or receive a written warning with regards to his conduct.

Not only did he not so long ago insult the players, hes now threatening people ? you know Gecko if you didn't like your job you could always leave.

Saying that exploiters will get banned is not "threatening" people. Don't exploit. Simple as that. If you earn millions of dilithium in a matter of hours, you deserve that ban.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • Options
    dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    People with clear conscience have nothing to fear....so why all that buzz ?
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Lol they should of done this when the shanty grind was up. People were doing that for... year and a half?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hmmm, slightly worried. I have about 300k dil on my LTS account waiting to be refined through normal play. :(

Does this mean they are targeting anyone with a large excess of dilithium?

How can they tell if it as earned by farming or normal play?
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    pwefailpwefail Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    shanty town was from day one.
    The player formerly known as Chunter.
  • Options
    malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For this announcement of bans, whoever is doing it should have come right out and said it on the front page of the website. Announcing that your banning people on a podcast is unprofessional and low. Its like learning you've been fired from your job by reading it on a highway sign.

Not saying that the ban was worthy or not, just saying that they should have come out and said it up front.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • Options
    dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ow well typical Cryptic:

Dear players,

We gave you some opportunities (Foundry reward system work as intended) and now we will ban you if you use it, as it work now like we want it to work, instead repairing/changing it.

Bans should be from using bugs (like hailing Kang at Cure Space before killing N'V which make no CD for next Cure) or afk at STF's not for using something what work as intended.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    malkarris wrote: »
    For this announcement of bans, whoever is doing it should have come right out and said it on the front page of the website. Announcing that your banning people on a podcast is unprofessional and low. Its like learning you've been fired from your job by reading it on a highway sign.

Not saying that the ban was worthy or not, just saying that they should have come out and said it up front.

that and saying they will ban you for "grinding dil in the froundry" is kinda dumb..

i mean, there is NO CD on the foundry.. so if you are trying to get dil, once you do your dailies.. the foundry is the next best spot..

1 mission gives you 1440..
    you can repeat it pretty much as many times as you like..

some are just going to a planet and killing a few guys.. rinse and repeat..

they cant ban you for that.. its playing the game..
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i hope they start perma banning soon.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dkratasco wrote: »
    Ow well typical Cryptic:

Dear players,

We gave you some opportunities (Foundry reward system work as intended) and now we will ban you if you use it, as it work now like we want it to work, instead repairing/changing it.

Bans should be from using bugs (like hailing Kang at Cure Space before killing N'V which make no CD for next Cure) or afk at STF's not for using something what work as intended.
    that and saying they will ban you for "grinding dil in the froundry" is kinda dumb..

i mean, there is NO CD on the foundry.. so if you are trying to get dil, once you do your dailies.. the foundry is the next best spot..

1 mission gives you 1440..
    you can repeat it pretty much as many times as you like..

some are just going to a planet and killing a few guys.. rinse and repeat..

they cant ban you for that.. its playing the game..

Chill out, guys. This statement was said with reference to a specific Foundry exploit that resulted in some players obtaining hundreds of thousands of dilithium in a matter of about 30 minutes.

Standard "grind" missions are not affected.

Now, if only the title could be edited to say "exploit" instead of "grind"....
  • Options
    garakfan84garakfan84 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dkratasco wrote: »
    Ow well typical Cryptic:

Dear players,

My thoughts exactly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Hmmm, slightly worried. I have about 300k dil on my LTS account waiting to be refined through normal play. :(

Does this mean they are targeting anyone with a large excess of dilithium?

How can they tell if it as earned by farming or normal play?

I don't think you have anything to worry about on that. I'm sure they have a way of tracking how fast you've earned that Dilithium. If they're going to punish people who have excess Dilithium just because they earn more than they can refine over an extended period of time or just because we're not in a fleet and don't spend it on anything (i.e. me), then they're in the wrong big time.
This discussion has been closed.