test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

wierd thing in Arena PvP yesterday....

bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
I suddenly had 146% HULL at one point in the match for no reason I could fathom*.
I had not used any Jenovite and could not find any outside buff that was being applied to me.
What ability or power can achieve this or is this a new bug?

*to the team I was on, I apoligise for the lack of using this boon to great effect. I thought I was being unfairly buffed and was trying to shoot my way away from combat out of a sense of fairplay.
Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
Post edited by bitemepwe on

Comments

• Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As far as I know, this is caused by the Lag Armor MK XII you have installed in your Internets slot. I have seen weird health displays during periods of high lag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Roach... buddy... nice done on the "fair play"
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    As far as I know, this is caused by the Lag Armor MK XII you have installed in your Internets slot. I have seen weird health displays during periods of high lag.

Really? It felt as if it lasted a maximum of 20-25 seconds and I never experienced any lag related control issues. I was in full control at all times.

I need more lag like that! :-P

R.I.P
  • Options
    naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Control is an illusion provided by the client. But if your connection to the server lags, your health can fluctuate. (Usually it goes the other way!)
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    Roach... buddy... nice done on the "fair play"

Seemed the fair and balanced choice of action since I did not know if the buff was legit or not.
    Flip full engines and fight my way free of the furball, niether dying or inflicting any great damage.

R.I.P
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    naevius wrote: »
    Control is an illusion provided by the client. But if your connection to the server lags, your health can fluctuate. (Usually it goes the other way!)

Ah. So not the captain of my ship afterall. Lol.

It does beg the questions, what caused the increase and can it be replicated? If it can how do the Devs stop it from being exploited?

If it cant, then no worries and Ill see it as a blessing from Kahless or a product of the spetacular healing we had on the team.

R.I.P
  • Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Ah. So not the captain of my ship afterall. Lol.

It does beg the questions, what caused the increase and can it be replicated? If it can how do the Devs stop it from being exploited?

If it cant, then no worries and Ill see it as a blessing from Kahless or a product of the spetacular healing we had on the team.

Didn't you read the patch notes? It's Cryptic's new anti-lag feature.

Emergency Power to Servers III

+50% hull strength for 25 seconds to all ships affected by lag
    No cooldown
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    That particular bug has been extant since at least season 7 release, my whole team of fleet mates had it happen in star base fleet defense once, it lasted through the whole thing, even after respawn. Damned if we could figure out the reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.