Install Arc
Options

Official Legacy of Romulus 'From the Ashes' Arc Feedback Thread

Comments

• Options
    ashtakuashtaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Feedback for Neutral No More

Not actually mission feedback - I noticed that the tool tip for "fire all weapons" on the type 4 3-level power tray overlaps positions 1-3. This makes it kind of difficult for me to see the recharge status of some of my powers. Suggestions: have the tool-tip disappear after a few seconds when the user keeps the mouse over the button (like, say, he or she is clicking it to fire weapons! ;))

Freighter segment: I'll be the first to defend the quality of the Sh'mar mission, but this felt weird seeing it inserted into NNM basically without modification. Suggestion: modify the mission to be different from Defend the Sh'mar. Specifically:
    • Change the captain's species and costume
    • Change the faction of the attackers and the angles they attack from
    • Change the set dressing of the map

By taking these types of cosmetic changes, it helps create the illusion that this is a unique encounter without actually taking away from the "winning formula" of the Sh'mar mission.

Visual Bug: On entering Eta Eridani, captain Harvson hailed me. The bridge viewer "Frame" was missing, and instead of Harvson's bridge he was surrounded by bare-chested Gorns against a light blue skybox. He was still in his captain's chair and apparently oblivious to his "location."

Due to shard maintenence, I had to stop at this point. Will provide more feedback once Tribble is back up.
  • Options
    thedoctor0889thedoctor0889 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I did notice some uniform clipping when jumping/rolling in a skirt. I also noticed during the mission where you have to save the remans (with Slamek) that someone says to look up because you are supposed to see the mysterious ship, but there is no ship there. I love the zelda feel during the opening mission. Keep up the good work
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I know I posted this elsewhere but it seems it was the wrong place so I shall copy it here...

I've listed everything I've noticed here:

My incoming damage/healing floaters were a good couple of inches above my ship though a minor detail it was a tad distracting.

I noticed that when hovering over a handle in the chat box that the tool-tip that also shows it (I don't see the point but hey) was in the middle of my screen for some reason which in turn stopped me reading the dialogue.

The chat box itself disappears after every loading screen, I find opening and closing the game menu puts it back but this is awkward when the first thing after a loading screen is a dialogue box.

I know that if you select a channel in the old UI chat box it automatically starts typing in the chat box, this does not happen in the new UI, I don't know if this is intended or not but I find it really annoying now. Also on this subject I think a drop down arrow should be added to the chat box channel as there is no indication that you can change the channel

Running around using the Rommie skirt causes clipping, would be better if the skirt were to flow and fold which would also feel more real and add to immersion

Warp trails for the first Romulan ship are white (I know I haven't played any others yet) but should they not be green?

Also on warp in the camera zooms into the ship as it arrives and then out to a wide andgle shot of the system, I feel this would be better the other way around.

Taking the bloodwine for Wolden at the Khitomer conference shows the character drinking it, this seems odd for the context, may want to change it

Fighting Hakeev's ship I noticed that Jar'rod's ship vanished without a trace, I don't know if this was designed or not but it was certainly unexpected/unexplained.

The Federation Diplomat dialogue in the "Turning point" mission needs looking over, it currently reads "we can do everything we can to help" which is kinda stating the obvious, maybe "We WILL do everything we can to help" would be better.

Romulan Warbirds do not state that they can mount cannons however cannons state that they can be mounted on warbirds, it may be worth adding this to the descriptions of warbirds

I also find that, having picked an ally, that I get healed by Nedal every time I change area reminding me to do whatever mission my ally wants me to do, this gets rather frustrating after a while.

When modifying the uniform in the tailor I cannot see my character model which makes for a hard time making good changes, also I was rather upset that I could not replicate the uniform shown in the choose alliance screen as it was quite nice, any plans to add it? (I found out how to do the jacket however opening up fed skirt and footwear options for those who choose fed allies would be nice)

The low lighting on the flottila is rather irritating when you are trying the examine your character outside of the creator, just a little more light would be appreciated

This is everything I have encountered thusfar, I will add to this list as I find things, nice work devs
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So far I have played to a point where I can choose a faction and all I can say is Wow!

I am impressed. I have never seen this kinda content from you guys at this level before.

So far I have only come across one thing that may cause confusion for a new player. The first time I entered sector space I did not hail in the mission right a way and I was trying to get my bearings. I did not see a box to re-enter Flotilla but when I click in that general direction I beam back on board. I was unable to beam out until I completed the mission. I did complete the mission by clicking on the hail icon in the mission tracker. I did not see the option to hail mission in the journal while on Flotilla and did not remember where the contact was at that time. This tool tip message for the hail mission in the mission tracker box under the mini map did not appear until the following mission.
  • Options
    sc54834sc54834 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Romulan Episode Arc is awesome, but there are some small issues such as every map change I loose my BOFFs from their stations and have to reassign them, in some of the Dialog from story missions there are a few typing errors such as words being repeated twice and words being used out of place, Some abilities of my boffs assigned to my warbird are not working, I am also having issues with map changes when my ship flies in sometimes itll lock up and patch files and then return to normal... these are some of the issues I have noticed I will keep playing the legacy of Romulus test and keep an eye out.. thanks for the new things to come you all have done well cant wait to see what is to come...

thanks
    Steven
  • Options
    d3cubedd3cubed Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My issues were mainly with 2 things:

The Storyline:
    1. Previous history has indicated that D'Tan's group only discovered New Romulus after Sela was kidnapped by the Iconians. D'Tan's group broke away in the chaos that Sela's departure left behind. With this progression of missions, the Reman rebellion (and Sela's abduction) occur after New Romulus is discovered. The solution is easy: move the Reman Rebellion missions in before the mission when you discover New Romulus. The justification for visiting the Vault could be as simple as thinking (due to the energy signatures coming from it) that there might be refugees there. Then find Obisek, ally with him (you've already helped his soldiers after all) and wa-la. Oh yeah, and don't have Sela appear at the conference.
    2. I am not opposed to the "ally" concept, but the story never provided a legitimate reason for needing the alliance in the first place. At least have something like Ja'rod approaching you asking you to take honorary membership to the house of Duras, and the Fed ambassador offering an honorary membership to the Federation diplomatic corps. Your character, knowing he/she could not devote themself to both, has to make the defining choice.
    3. Sela and the Tal Shiar may be allies in theory, but remeber that, while they need each other's support, they don't like each other.
    The only other main issue was the fact that there was NOTHING to do except the story missions, but it's not a huge issue. Just make sure that we actually get the 2000 EC stipend ;)
    I support Handsome Phaser Guy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Enjoying it so far, the suliban skin texture looks really great.

I would prefer a couple of extra martial looking options for uniform jackets in the tailors, once you have joined the Republic.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    From Turning Point, Tovan should probably just say "sensors" instead of radar, since I'm quite certain the Romulans aren't using radar. And probably don't even know what it is.
  • Options
    mirrorseacatmirrorseacat Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    1. A blind Romulan wearing a Geordie viser- good

2. Crossroads at Crateris- Slamek (little twerp, i know he effed up that transmitter) and the female Reman beam out before I can take them to the shuttle. The mission still completed when I got to the shuttle, they were just nowhere to be found.

3. Gasko Station looks amazelnuts...(cough cough fleet starbase)

4. It seems kinda odd looking for a new Romulus to settle on when the actual system is named New Romulus System as im flying around.

5. Lots of scanning on New Romulus, it would be nice to have just a little less. Love the herds of Epohhs and Viver cats.

6. Bomb disappears in the cutscene when Temer saves the Klingon in Turning Point. he ends up holding an invisible bomb.

7. Hail button for Commander Nadel does not appear alot, have to use the mission journal to access it.

8. *** The tailor resets my face to a generic Romulan when I try to create a new uniform or modify an existing one. When I load an already saved uniform then it picks some random face/outfit for me to wear.***

Great job so far,
    Seacat
  • Options
    grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ok some of its done well... here are my issues though....

I dont feel Romulan

Everything is too good-doer, Fed-lite. No scheming, plans, deception, back stabbing etc. No real Romulan feel aside from the graphics.

I dont want to join some peacenik Republican group. I want to join the Tal Shiar. And hunt down the dissadents who do not respect the authority of the Romulan Star Empire. And reunification is out of the question.

I wanted to join up with all the people I was forced to fight. I wante dto be setting the bombs on Kitomer.

I know its too late but I dont want to "ally" with either side. I want to fight them. Or decieve them like a Romulan. The Klingons are our blood enemies and the Feds are inferior alien species.

Truth be told I lost all interest at the point I allied with the Feds.

I would have prefered to ally with Klingons for their ships but the Feds get all the best consoles from lock boxes. As Klingon you pretty much have to buy some ship you'll never lose to get any thing decent because most lockbox consoles are pretty useless.

I feel like I have been forced into a storyline I want nothing to do with and dont actually enjoy.

Waited years for the Romulans but this isnt reallu what I had in mind.
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited April 2013
    ok am at level 16 so far, lots of bugs but wip bug hunt

most glaring thing for me was UI since I normally run at 0.82 interface scale vs 1.0 for more screen goodness

current video setting for reference .....
    http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u389/kapla1755/closed%20beta/2013-04-19_00001.jpg

At .82 scale #1 (notice text cut off on left side of pop-up screen, white text difficult to read)
    http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u389/kapla1755/closed%20beta/2013-04-18_00063.jpg

At .82 scale #2 (same cutoff on left side, but yellow/green text font immensely easier on the eyes)
    http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u389/kapla1755/closed%20beta/2013-04-18_00045.jpg

At 1.0 scale (text readable but could be bolder imho, old eyes and all that :D )
    http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u389/kapla1755/closed%20beta/2013-04-19_00002.jpg

Don't know how easy it would be to switch to a slightly bolder font at this point in development but running reduced interface size allows me to keep everything organized without feeling the UI is dominating the screen, my current 2 ec more to follow.

Good Bug Hunting all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thedoctor0889thedoctor0889 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There seems to be a fair amount of clipping/choppyness with the flooring rugs on khitomer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    trypwyrtrypwyr Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Gasko Blues mission:

Tobol. Lose the VISOR. It just looks bad, especially in the contact window where it moves when he makes different facial expressions. It really shouldn't bend when he frowns....

At the end of the mission when you beam all the survivors to your ship, the contact screen with Khev comes up right before the refugees beam out. This means that all the great beaming animation is hidden behind a window. Adding a few seconds before the contact in order to see the beamout would be better.
  • Options
    superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Agree that the Tholian Commander boss fight won't be newbie friendly.
  • Options
    azurerail1azurerail1 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi Cryptyc Dev's,

I have encountered several Issues with regards to the BETA after initial play, They are ordered 1 to 4, Four Being Least Concern. I can provide more Detail on Errors if required Via Crash reports etc. My Machine is set up as a 3D Gaming Machine using Nvideas Geforce GTX 590 SLI Setup on Four Monitors 270 Degree View Range. STO Does not like Multiple Monitors and so i will only use my primary one for the BETA, unless you reply and want me to Test on Multipull Monitors in 3D mode or just 2D, but it is very buggy on Tribble even before the Beta Invite. I have only Begun Testing and played a little yesterday night (Australian Time) so this first Post from me id tell you about my System and how i play Sto, To help you Fix the Bugs and get Legacy of romulus Perfect, so lots more Post from me to come, I LOVE Beta testing :D

CPU: AMD Phenom X4 (Manualy OC)
    Graphics: Nvidea GTX 590 - 2X SLI Multicore
    Display's: ACER GD245HQ X4 Providing up to 270 Degree viewing angle (Very Faulty with STO)
    Nvidea 3D Vision Shutter IR Setup
    RAM: 4 GB DDR3 (Manually OC)

"FEEDBACK LIST"

1: "Initial Mission intro Cutscene". The Text and Scenes don't allow Adequate time to read Text and View Cutscene, This meant i had to View it a few times to really Get what was shown and read the story, Perhaps in Final you will have Voice overs, then the speed is ok.

2: SHADOWS: Various Shadows Cause a Heavy CPU load Reducing FPS down to 1 - 2 FPS Whilst others Don't. Changing Shadow Detail Does nothing unless Tuned off Respectively. Shadows Seem to Cause Soft particle Effects to Stop During First Task to Fix water pipes Giving Hard Edges in Water spray.

3: 3D Mode- Health bars Above characters at Screen Depth, Should be attached to object Depth.

4: Texture Artifacts in Background Textures show Large Flickering Triangles of Different Textures. These are Quite Common in Space on the Holodeck Server Mostly in Space But are present in Ground mission in BETA when Viewed From Certain Places getting Worse the Further you go Towards Map corner Edges.

More to Come as i play....

Best Regards, Jared
  • Options
    superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A few things after "Neutral No More":

1) While I appreciate Leonard Nimoy's voice, the level up should be distinctively Romulan.
    2) I really hope all the Federation missions from Quinn, Yanishev, and Grall are just placeholders, because that's way, way too much Federation. It's a real immersion breaker, which is bad because the Romulan eps up to that point are AWESOME! One max would be OK.
    3) I think there needs to be a "faction only" checkbox when selecting your ships on the Romulan side.
    4) Can we not get a fugly Ferengi as our BOFF? I'd rather have a human Fed side or Vulcan.

Overall, I think you just need to keep up the great Romulan you have going on while playing the eps, and it is really, really good and don't make it feel like "and now you're Fed light with a little more green".

Looking forward at the eps, I'm a little concerned about how the eps we've played before will be presented with the new faction. I hope some work has been done to try to make them better in the new faction, as previously criticized for the KDF.

I don't want this to sound too critical, because the first ten ep arc are really good, but I just don't want that to get ruined when you pick your ally.
  • Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A few things after "Neutral No More":

4) Can we not get a fugly Ferengi as our BOFF? I'd rather have a human Fed side or Vulcan.

I think The first ally Boff you get is random. Cause I got a Female Vulcan.

Since I am posting anyways, I might as well start on my own thoughts.

In the Tutorial Nevala seems to repeat herself when you talk to her, after returning from the khellid cave.

here is what she says:
    Nevala wrote:
    A strange machine and some weird drone things?
    That is troubling - Someone's been in there. We'll
    have to let the Maiori Know about this.

It's good you disabled the device though - maybe
    now the Khellids will calm down. However, excellent
    work disabling these drones and their device.

Now I remember reading fairly recently that some text/dialog might get reworked. but hopefully that one doesn't get overlooked.

Although getting a Boff each time you do the first few missions was odd to me at first (being used to the KDF and FEDs), I have to say I love that we get a backstory to our bridge officers that is interwoven in the larger story. If you are still looking into the KDF missions, this kind of thing would be great there too.

I especially love the Crossroads at Crateris. Brings so many interesting things to the overall STO story and has me excited to see how the "Cloaked Intentions" plays out. I really hope you have worked it out so that certain things are referenced in CI with regards to running the series on a Romulan Repuplic character.

Overall, I am loving the Romulans so far and can't wait to continue the story. on that Note, Hakeev wins the Jerk of the month award.

I am also more convinced then ever now that Sela has no idea what Hakeev and the Tal Shiar are up to. :eek:
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    An error has just Occurred where i Switched Tasks, the game Crashed leaving the Desktop interface at 340X480 Resolution Desktop. Windows will not let me change back to Native 1080 P. Windows 8 has become unstable and i think ill require to reboot. I have checked the Graphics Driver and it say's all is good. This error occured when i pressed Alt Tab and the Metro Windows 8 Start screen appeared, then i clicked "Desktop View". Instead of the Desktop Appearing Sto Appears running with a low FPS so i thought it may have been put into Window Mode, i pressed alt Enter, Sto Appears again Normal. Next i Alt Tabed Again to get to Desktop mode and the same happened, but STO Crashed to the Desktop and i was left in this Strange Resolution and cant fix it.

NOTE: Prior to this issue, invisible Walls Appeared Seemingly Confining me to a corner of the City and thats why i Alt Tabed to report this error. The invisible Walls occured while i was headed to get my Disruptor as the game wanted me to do, But because i Already had the disruptor did not show the Light animation for me to pick up the Disruptor to continue the mission. I had played the BETA yesterday for a bit and did not get passed the "Fix the pipes part" and logged of to go to bed, so when i played today and logged on i Already had the Disruptor and the game did not know what to do because i already had the Disruptor. The only way i resolved it was to "Disgard" the Disruptor and allowed me to pick the distruptor as the mission task required me to do. The Cruptic Error handeler ran when the game Crashed but i dont no where to go to get the report to send to you, Hopefully it sent it to you Automatically.

Cheer's: Jared, AKA Azurerail1
  • Options
    rageycage559rageycage559 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Playthrough Through the Ashes

Intro: Fantastic, it really has an organic feel and grabs your attention from the get go. The only thing is, I would probably add a little back story as to how a 200 year old BoP was acquired for us to commandeer.

Flotilla: No complaints, it's a proper main hub.

The Helix: Short, sweet, to the point, no issues.

CrossRoads: Really nice mission, visually pleasing. Some grammar issues with dialogue when speaking with Zden.

One thing I noticed up to this point, is the story here feels like you're actually part of something. Meeting new people, actual emotion on the NPC's as well as the Boff's you pick up. Another thing as well, is the randomness and actual surprises of the missions. I remember on the Fed side, for the most part outside the Featured Episodes, they felt very cookie cutter like. Kill this group, do something, kill another group. This actually FEELS more like Star Trek to me.

Getting more of the story through the side banter with the NPC's and Boffs is an excellent touch as well. I think if you can delay how quickly it scrolls through that would be good as this is something I'm not used to as I usually just try to go through the mission objectives.

AND OMG THE SINGULARITY CORE.

This is what sets it apart as a faction. For something so simple actually adds a nice, fresh change of depth to the actual gameplay. I hope you don't keep this primarily on the Romulans. I would absolutely love it if on all sides there is a progression system to unleash some sort of special attack, heal, buff etc.

That's all I got so far as I am on the Gasko Blues mission. Any other thoughts I have I will post.
  • Options
    defiance12defiance12 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So far i like Legacy of Romulus.. though grammatical errors and two unexplained crashed have kinda knocked the shine off the game.

but overall i like it. its actually nice to know that the start of the Story arc starts before New Romulus is found, but i have to agree that the tholians being there seems a little week. it would have been better to know more about why they wanted the sword in the first place, as it was a humanoid item why would they be so interested in it.

Also the Tholian boss fight is not going to be noob friendly especially seeing as the BOFFs dont find cover.
  • Options
    vyconis81vyconis81 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There was a graphical bug with a patroling NPC KDF Security Guard in "Turning Point". Other than functioning correctly when it turned, it was static and floating in a straight line. It was the first guard that patrols in the room with the Fed and KDF ambassadors as you enter. The room is the one before the conference room.
  • Options
    nikolunusnikolunus Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    During Neutral no more, encountered one bug that i have found fairly persistent in other areas of LoR. When ever the camera ****s to focus in on an objective area or mini cut scene the chat box vanishes till another mini cut scene or objective focus. Also while zoomed in with some of the Romulan Rifles the ability to turn left or right is completely gone. Most notable and constant was with the Piercing Rifle.
    Space is vast, it's wonderful and maddening. Yet in that madness is some of the greatest beauty I have ever seen.
  • Options
    nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm loving the story (though one nitpick: In the mission where you return home, it REALLY feels like Starfleet is holding the idiot ball). However, gameplay gripes:

1. I'm finding neither money nor anomalies. How are Romulans supposed to earn money? D'Tan promised me 2000 energy credits. D'tan lied. He's a liar and the Tal'shiar is right about... wait, that's a bug? I hope that's a bug.

2. I can't change my BOffs' uniforms! I want to dress them up fancy, take them out for a night on the town, but they won't change into their nice clothes! Please to fix that?
  • Options
    adamrezeau1982adamrezeau1982 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You could be looking at a continuity problem when it comes to the sword that was found on New Romulus. The voiceover for the reputation system has the doctor saying that it must have been made by someone called (and I'm probably going to butcher the name) S'task; however, upon finding the sword, everyone is talking about S'harien as the one who actually crafted it. May be worth looking into.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For me most missions lack a bit on the immersion side. Maybe the latter will be fixed when the voiceovers are in.

Upon starting it shows my health at "128/200" which fixes when i get hurt the first time. seems to be a display issue.

The npcs have troubles with all kinds of ramps, most noticeable in the starting mission but also on khitomer. They often stand in the ramps and when walking up they move into the ramps and then jump up.

In the away-team selection the boffs show their space and ground skills. The boffs i selected there where unseated from their bridge station after that and have to be reslotted, that's quite annoying.

The tholian boss is a bit much for Lt-level. Personally I hate the one-shot bag you call tholian commanders and captains at any level, but you have no way to deal with him without numerous deaths at that level. The boss was in the ground (near the big rock on the right side when facing the geode from the far side of the pit) two times after respawning. While i tried sniping him out, when he passed the respawn point (approx.) he just vanished and i found him in the ground again at the place mentioned above. I could target him from point-blank range and he jumped out when being attacked so i could complete the fight.

All npcs (apart from the tholian boss) are a bit too whimpy, especially the tal shiar on khitomer.

All romulan interiours look great btw.
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Would be nice if the "Choose Your Ally" text and screen didn't say you'd have Federation or Klingon allegiance. Allegiance makes me think I'm working *for* them rather than *with* them.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Hi,

I would just like to say that more Crashes are occurring in the Tribble Legacy of Romulus test.
    The Launcher is now telling me that my install may be Corrupted. Each log in , the Game Loads and in game begins live patching of 163 Files every time i log on with my Romulan Character. The other Characters are fine in Tribble and this problem is Absent, Same with Holodeck. Cryptic launcher wants to Verify Files each time i load Tribble, it does not on Holodeck.

Cheers, Jared
  • Options
    marshal45pwemarshal45pwe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've just finished the 'From the Ashes' episodes. First of all I want to say I really like the tutorial village area. It looks peaceful and got some nice ambient sounds. And then there was the attack to change it all. The only problem I see is with the orbital attack itself. It sounds (and looks) like fireworks. At least I would like to get some other sound effects.

Overall I like the extra dialog options. Things like 'view on screen' and 'talk first and then shoot' instead of 'kill everything at first sight'. It doesn't change the results but it adds to the immersion. The same goes for the various pop-up messages during missions and combat.

Dewa III looks nice too. It got some nice ambient sounds and you can scare away the wildlife without killing it. The place could use a tip for newcomers about using the scanner to find the objects to survey. And the Tholian Commander with his 'entire crew killing mine' isn't really fun at this stage of the game.

The Kitomer building is rather big and it isn't fun to cross it several times because of the locked doors. Could you at least open the blocked doors after the player reached the far side for the first time?

I've also found some 'regular' problems during this play-through. All empty trait slots show as 'Available Slot'. But in reality they are UN-available slots. They are still locked because of my character level. And the system let me promote a crew member while I didn't have enough Expertise points. This resulted in a negative number of Expertise points (Ticket: #36,372).
  • Options
    d3cubedd3cubed Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nadiezja wrote: »
    I'm finding neither money nor anomalies. How are Romulans supposed to earn money? D'Tan promised me 2000 energy credits. D'tan lied. He's a liar and the Tal'shiar is right about... wait, that's a bug? I hope that's a bug.

LOL, so true. $crew the Republic, I'm going to the Tal Shiar. At least they pay well.
    I support Handsome Phaser Guy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The overall story arc was very nice! I kept the default costume option as it felt more like I was a survivor just trying to eek out an existence and a civilian rebel against the Tal'Shiar like the Bajorans were against the Cardassians.

And now, I'll mimic some things azurianstar said that I agree with and came to mind as I was playing:

1) EC earning was...horrible. I got maybe a few hundred EC the whole time. I think I'll have to do some EC earning on my other characters to offset this on Holodeck once May 21st hits. I'll be among the richest of the Romulan Republic survivors! :p

2) Locked doors in some areas were unnecessary, but I liked there was a color indicator as to what was open (Red/White for Romulans, Red/Green for Klingons). If two doors should lead to the same area, why not unlock both?

3) Dewa III felt totally unfamiliar to me. Perhaps this is my relative unfamiliarity with New Romulus, but I should have been able to spot *some* geographical landmarks and I didn't notice one until the old bridge.

4) The snake-like path on the Dewa III exploration mission was totally unnecessary. And not all things I had to scan were along the path; I had to branch off sometimes what felt like way off the "beaten path" to do my scanning. I don't mind going off the trail, but don't make me feel like I'm running around in circles *and* snaking at the same time.

5) Finally the Flotilla is a nice idea but I'd like to actually see more ships in the area. Perhaps I didn't look out the window in the observation lounge enough, but I think I'd have noticed if a Mogai or T'liss Light Warbird were sitting right outside.