test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Video issues

I'm not sure if there is a better place to post, so I'll post here.

I have been having no problem with STO until the last patch. Now, when I log in and the launcher disappears, the screen goes black and doesn't change to show the game. I have no issues with other games that are equally or more graphic intensive than STO. This did happen one time in the past, but then it started working again. I need some help as I don't believe it likely to be my video card. Not saying it isn't, but if I don't need to buy a new card, I really can't afford to. As this is the only program on my computer that isn't working right, I suspect it's STO.
Post edited by tigerfalcon on

Comments

• lunarious1alphalunarious1alpha Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same exact thing here. Everything was fine Wednesday, patched today all sorts of artifacting on the load screen. I rebooted once and I was able to load earth space dock to find massive artifacts all over the place.

No problems anywhere else with anything else. Windows 8 x64 16GB of Ram
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    it might be a compatibility issue between the most recent sto patch and the graphics driver.

Try updating your drivers to the latest version or if already updated to the latest version try downgrading a version.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]