test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Legacy of Romulus 'From the Ashes' Arc Feedback Thread

salamiinfernosalamiinferno Member Posts: 159 Cryptic Developer
This thread will cover the tutorial through "Neutral No More". Please leave all bugs, feedback, comments, and concerns here.

This content is only available to players in the Legacy of Romulus Closed beta.
Post edited by salamiinferno on

Comments

• azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Intro: Very Beautiful, but went by too fast to read the text.

The Village: Very, Very nice. Has some definite Neverwinter Feel to it. (The background theme, seems almost identical or very similar).

Love the old TOS BoP in the Background.l

Flotilla: I remember years ago it was intended we get our missions off the Enterprise-E and use that as a HUB, then was going to revive that idea for Omega Fleet. So was nice to see you revive that idea and actually do it for the Romulan Fleet on a D'Deridex. Though wish there was more "room" if you get my drift.

The Suliban Helix: Nice seeing it in person. And love the animation. Though I'm guessing they upgraded their cell ships? The ones on Enterprise were shuttle-pod size.

And not sure, but didn't it say the Helix is orbiting their homeworld? If so, why not add it?

Crateris: Really nice and dreary atmosphere. Though kept hearing thunder, but there no clouds in the sky.

Was shocked when I saw a Reman Female (who later joins your crew). And good ol Slamek........still can't shoot him. (I know, was before then. But I so wanted to).

The fight against that dreadnaught, was easy at first, but the second time it did that scan animation, it 1-shot me, so didn't really get that indication it was going to do that. So might want to make the animation more ominous.

Blues: It was eh okay, but more had that feeling of "go here, scan that" approach. Especially the ending.

New Romulus:

Space:

1) Didn't like the enemy poping up as soon as you dropped it. You would've saw them coming on sensors.

2) Noticed that Dewa III, later known as Mol'Rihan, doesn't have the same planet model as we have now.

Ground: Disappointed at the planet in having a snake path going left to right in an attempt to make the zone bigger. It was a massive disappointment in that respect. Would've prefered a free range world to explore.

The Tholians..........doesn't make sense why they were there before the new Capitial was established. Felt that aspect was really weak. Especially how we found the sword - in the stone.

Also felt the fight was a bit tough for my BOs as they don't find cover.

Turning Point:

Felt some doors shouldn't have been locked. Just felt unnecessary runaround.

Saw the Power Ranger HQ outside (the site of the Khitomer Conference, which I'm surprised wasn't the building we were holding the meeting in).

Why were the Tal'Shiar mingling near D'Tan?

Klingon Dialogue was okay, but I felt offended more by the Federation Dialogues. Sugihara just rambled, while T'Nae was acting.......not much like a Vulcan with her dialogue. I felt this took away from how canonical Starfleet would've handled things.

Why are we allowed to run around at a diplomatic conference ---- armed????

Why is nobody saying anything about us disarming bombs? I was half expecting to cause a diplomatic crisis in being caught disarming and accused of planting!

The End..........well was nice, but would've been nice if there was more to the scene than.........boom.

BTW, Dialogue Error. When we were contacted of ships in orbit, you guys said "found something on radar"........ RADAR?? I really don't think Romulans use "Radar". :rolleyes:

Neutral No More:

I thought that we didn't have to make the choice of alliance until Level 40??? :confused:

Be nice if first-time Romulan players got to know what they are in for when choosing a side. The Explainations was outright abyssmal!

Last but not Least:

Where's the money?

From begginging to the decision, I only made 50 EC and 0 Dilithium. How are we to make a living???
  • squishkinsquishkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Should Nevala have a federation phaser rifle?

Edit: Also, disabling the machine in the cave can only happen by one player at a time. I had to wait a while for the players there to clear before being able to use it.
  • salamiinfernosalamiinferno Member Posts: 159 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2013
    Intro: Very Beautiful, but went by too fast to read the text.

The Village: Very, Very nice. Has some definite Neverwinter Feel to it. (The background theme, seems almost identical or very similar).

Love the old TOS BoP in the Background.l

More to come........

That whole intro will be retimed to match the coming voice over. We put all the text in right now so you can at least get whats going on.

Keep the feedback coming!
  • commanderandercommanderander Member Posts: 78 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2013
    Hey guys,

Commander Ander here! We're all really excited to get this content into your hands after working on it for so long!

I'll be quietly (or sometimes not so quietly) lurking on the forums and reading your feedback for the starting Romulan experience.

Good luck, and have fun!
    Sean "Commander Ander" McCann - Content Designer
  • xaben82xaben82 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    awesome map, sound and feeling!!! :)

Some remarks to Virinat Ground:
    • The intro isnt skipable.
    • The intro appears automaticaly a second time, when you switch the instance of the map.
    • The NPC are able to push you away, it sucks especially during dialogs.
    • During the bombing-cutscene, my char scans a injured citizen, without a medscanner.
    • Some animation flicker-issues, when i want to switch my weapon, when I wear it on my back.
    • During the short cutscene, where the little robots attack the citizens, the throat attacking robots are not visible.
    • After cutscenes, it takes a while till the chatbox reappears.

Virinat Space:
    • Still the Federation computer voice eg.:"ship is under attack".

Flottila:
    • Directly after the (federation) loading screen, between the map switch from virinat sector to romulan flottila, you see shortly a frame of the groundmap.
    • Advance customizing the survivor warrior uniform at tailor: wrist attach left has a predefined colourset, the right one not.
    • When I save and approve my changes, it wouldnt show in the overview page. Ive to close the tailor or switch to the another window and go back to the overview to see the changes.

to be continued...
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    oh! first nitpic

in the race info for romulans in the creation screen, it said that they controlled a vast empire in the alpha quadrant. actually we have never seen any chart were they have held any of the alpha quadrant, just the beta quadrant. the sirius sector block, and everything east of it is actually, in the beta quadrant. the only part of the alpha quadrant you play in actually is in the cardasian territory.
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Love the tutorial planet. Very well done!
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Virinat Colony map legend has a typo which says [sic] 'Shoting Range'.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Some of the NPCs on the ground and on the stage in the festival before it's attacked are standing in the ground or stage itself.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • antep01antep01 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Some of the Npc use Federation Rifle:D
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Agreed intro text is too fast.

Dil store brings up Fed NPC/background.
  • vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Whenever cutscenes/zone changes happen the chat window disappears until you click on something.
  • scramspamscramspam Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just got beta invite thanks cryptic for loving me! I will be delivering feedback!!:D
    PoPeRz WiLl PoPeRz Ur BoPeRz UnTilz PoPeRz GeTz GaNkz
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    NPCs inside the shuttle cutscene after you leave the colony planet have their feet in the floor.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • allanmcc12allanmcc12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    NPC's and player sometimes run down through floor. Some bugs go through NPC's and player also text moves across screen to quickly to read without voice overlay.
  • chaddy18chaddy18 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    All I can say is WOW. It's like a totally new game :D Oh and the chat window seems to disappear for about 10 seconds after a cutscene, then it reappears
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A few bugs during transitions etc, but on the whole I am loving the faction so far!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• allanmcc12allanmcc12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    High Plasma Torpedoes are still bugged meaning that they are not hitting NPC targets properly.
  • mikepreditormikepreditor Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
  • squishkinsquishkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    In The Search for New Romulus, the "warp to location" clicky on the mission list is bugged; it takes you to Galorndon Core, and not the specifically displayed location.
  • phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I sure hope you add better textures or some bump mapping to the vegetables in the market on Virinat colony. They look terrible! :) It looks like you Google'd a pic and put it there as a place holder really, so that is what I am assuming
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I got as far as the second post of this thread, saw the words "The Suliban Helix", and decided I need to self-ban myself from being in this thread before I drive myself insane.

Have fun boys and girls.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • lcdrmillerlcdrmiller Member Posts: 47 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2013

Awesome! thank you so much mike! This will get looked at for sure.
    Jeff M.
    Environment Artist on Neverwinter Online
    Find me on Twitter
  • bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited April 2013
    First impression-OMFG THIS IS SICK. The colony is awesome, the interiors are awesome. I can't wait to see the finished intro, with voice over. I'm kinda disappointed that the tier 1 ship was a TOS BoP. The design is okay, but I'm thinking that ~200 years later they'd have different textures. Unless it was supposed to be an old relic, which wasn't quite clear. It just that it was damaged and needed parts.

Couple of glitches though.

I started with a female with the Survivor Romulan 1 costume.

On the character creator if you click on the advanced tab it shows four boxes. Only the first box does anything.

The default seems to be a scarf for collar. If I picked another face option the scarf disappeared. I had to go advanced options to change it back.

When you press the scan key it waves your hand- hand is empty.

after any cut scene, or zone change, the text box completely disappears.

When I was in the vineyard I didn't really see any vines. Just a little green stuff and shadow boxes, like I was on the edge of an object.

At the end of the first part of the tutorial I was supposed to meet Tovan Kher. But, I spent so much time exploring the awesomeness of the map that I'd forgotten where he was. There wasn't an arrow to point me back.

During the celebration cut scene all the NPCs were halfway through the ground. If there was supposed to be somebody at the podium I couldnt' see him.

When I got to pick up a new rifle I had to manually equip it. Unless I blasted through it too quick I didn't see any directions on how to equip. (kinda important for new players.)

During the Flight From Virinat cut scene- when you arrive at the D'Deridex- it seemed as if some of the characters did not appear over backgrounds. From the subtitles it looked like I was supposed to be watching a conversation, but all I saw was the background.

Just based on the first hour I'm excited and rethinking getting the Legacy Pack. Initially I wasn't planning on getting it. It's alot of money for one pack. But, if it's as sick as the rest of STOLoR then I think I can scrape up a few dollars.
  • chk231chk231 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Absolutely gorgeous; the new settlement is awesome! It really looks awesome with max graphics settings.
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I noticed that the far of terrain on Virinat (specifically the grass/green areas) does not increase in texture quality if you extend the Video setting "World Detail Distance" from it's default 100% to 200%.

Furthermore, it seems that the world detail setting will repeatedly default back to 100% even if you had set it higher earlier (after a map transition). This is something that is on live too.
  • threat21threat21 Member Posts: 300
    edited April 2013
    I gotta say that the story and cinematics presented in the missions are a VAST improvement over the existing materials. The character animations aren't overly dramatic like someone making fun of Shatner, the gameplay is smooth and entertaining. This is definitely a step in the right direction. I'm also not finding the missions to be unnecessarily long, definitely a good thing; they're quick, to the point and still tell a story.
  • terribleromulanterribleromulan Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Big nitpick for me is having to take and level a toon to 25 just to go ahead and test Romulan content...that's terrible indeed. I remember HAVING to level a toon on Tribble before to do some things and I didn't like it then, nor do I like it now.

I have found it very disconcerting that for as long as I have been playing STO, for all I have done in testing that I was not even contacted to do beta, but yet...I have many, many fleet members whom have been on Tribble ALL day today. I have been playing since a couple of months after launch and wonder what gives with no invite...didn't know exactly where it should go, but figured here was as good a place as any...so...do I get an invite or do I have to do something special since A good 8-10 people in my fleet have already been testing what I have been waiting for...
  • argent007argent007 Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    loving everything so far, especially both the Dungeon Siege and the War of the Worlds feel you put into it so far....

HOWEVER, you should make it so that people visiting their bridges, can't jump into the engine pit below the singularity containment vessel

they get stuck there and can't return to tactical view
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lin718lin718 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I like the designs of the new enemy race and the War of the World walkers.

My biggest gripe is somehow I missed getting a kit in the starter planet. Was one even offered there? I do not know and I haven't seen a kit as a quest reward so far. On the reman planet, the final boss, the mysterious ship threw me for a loop. It was really tedious trying to destroy that ship. Was there something special we had to do for it?

Other than those complaints, I liked my experience so far. I especially like how you get your Boffs.