Install Arc
Options

Mouse Cusor Can't Select anything on Character Select Screen

2»

Comments

• Options
    alchemistidalchemistid Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I figured out the problem, apparently multi-core rendering is disabled for some reason and the game is saying my CPU (dual core) doesn't support it.

Multi-Core rendering is enabled on Holodeck and the game runs just fine.

In the meantime I'm gonna start a new topic for anyone else who might be experiencing this.
  • Options
    milesvaugnmilesvaugn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Tried the -enablerawinputsupport 0 workaround and only had partial success. Submitted crash report to cryptic, but here is what happened:

I changed the options as directed and told the launcher to Engage on Tribble;
    got to the monitor adjust screen & made relevant changes -- mouse seemed to work fine;
    the Cryptic loading page came up in low resolution, and my cursor was locked into the game client window;
    when the trek-logo loading screen came up, my cursor was released & I clicked over to FireFox;
    game client crashed -- never got to character select screen.

I am verifying files now, and trying again -- this time without clicking outside the window.

Edit -- apparently OK now. I also changed Tribble options from "Fullscreen"; don't even know why that was set in the first place...
  • Options
    tosalentosalen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is it accurate that ALL of you are on XP?

This is critically important to know, so please answer if you can.

Also, if you're reading this and you're on XP and you DO NOT have this bug, please also let us know.

Thanks!

XP desktop, no click.

Win7 laptop, able to get into tribble np (though I do crash after a ocuple seconds).
    Thank you everyone for your assistance in tracking this down.

I've followed up with some programmers, and they have a workaround for you until we can get the code change in a build for you.

Workaround:
    Open your launcher.
    Click on Options on the top right.
    In Advanced command line, enter the following:
    -enablerawinputsupport 0
    Click OK and launch the game as usual.

I've tested this on an XP machine we have here in the office and it cleared up the issue for me. If this is unsuccessful for you, please let me know.

Fixed my issue as far as being able to get into the game, however I still keep crashing. It seems within 5 seconds of opening my character screen ( u ), I crash out.

I should add this is both on my XP desktop which I had to use the command line for, and my Win7 Laptop which worked getting me into the game without needing to use the command line.
  • Options
    solvoksolvok Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Worked for me
  • Options
    jansalljansall Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have just tested to startup the new UI under linux and wine.

It has the same problems (wine is set to winxp by default) and the "-enablerawinputsupport 0" soultions made me be able to click around the new UI.

At the momenmt the tribble shard is down so i can login but atleast the click works ok.
  • Options
    nazelnagnazelnag Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is it accurate that ALL of you are on XP?

This is critically important to know, so please answer if you can.

Also, if you're reading this and you're on XP and you DO NOT have this bug, please also let us know.

Thanks!

i run XP and when i launch Tribble, i can't pass character select screen, because none of the UI buttons work

I've followed up with some programmers, and they have a workaround for you until we can get the code change in a build for you.

Workaround:
    • Open your launcher.
    • Click on Options on the top right.
    • In Advanced command line, enter the following:
      • -enablerawinputsupport 0
    • Click OK and launch the game as usual.

I've tested this on an XP machine we have here in the office and it cleared up the issue for me. If this is unsuccessful for you, please let me know.

thank you very much for looking in to it, and to the programers that helped with the work around.
    IT FIXED THE ISSUE and i was able to log in to tribble and start seeing some things.

THANK YOU ALL :D
  • Options
    lutherfrylutherfry Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Workaround:
    • Open your launcher.

Thank you ever so much this corrected the issue with the UI

I have to say you solved in one paragraph an issue your Support depart had suggested that i at the very least have to reinstall the game! I received about a page of canned flowchart techsupport garbage! If any of the management even care to read these you deserve a commendation while they should look at mass firings of the support personnel that deal with submitted tickets!
  • Options
    dunaridunari Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Workaround:
    • Open your launcher.

Works on my XP several times.... but sometimes a cryptic error is happen and game crashes...
  • Options
    thenumber55thenumber55 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    having the same issue with wine

running fine on Holodeck but when trying to load tribble end up getting stuck on the brightness slider not being able to interact with anything