test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulans will be the best thing to happen to the KDF, here's why..

13»

Comments

• Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Good maybe that get fed players to stop hiding in FvF queues and come out and fight the Klingons and their Romulan underlings.

Or they could do a fed vs romulan battle in the FvF queues by having pre-made 5 man Fed-romulan team hop in the queue followed by a non romulan pre-made 5 man team in the queue as well.

Now the feds can pvp another faction while completely ignoring the kdf.
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    robdmc wrote: »
    Or they could do a fed vs romulan battle in the FvF queues by having pre-made 5 man Fed-romulan team hop in the queue followed by a non romulan pre-made 5 man team in the queue as well.

Now the feds can pvp another faction while completely ignoring the kdf.

Where will they hide if they find the RSE ships "OP"?
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    levdarkenlevdarken Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My SFC2 and SFC3 Romulan fleet was allied with the Klingons and so shall my STO Romulan Fleet. We reigned supreme there and we shall reign supreme here as well.

Klingon Honor Guard.... Keep your ears open some very old allies are coming back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    goldenlion619goldenlion619 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    levdarken wrote: »
    My SFC2 and SFC3 Romulan fleet was allied with the Klingons and so shall my STO Romulan Fleet. We reigned supreme there and we shall reign supreme here as well.

Klingon Honor Guard.... Keep your ears open some very old allies are coming back.

Encouraging news , I hope more returning, new players make the same choice.
  • Options
    hjorlwulfhjorlwulf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just for the record - he WASN'T kidding about Danny boy's promises. He has a LONG track record:

http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrine_Falcon#The_History_Of_The_Klingon_Empire_With_Cryptic_Studios

'Nuff said ....
    "...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl

"Dan and Cryptic have spoken out the sides of their mouths so much I expect beads, whiskey and Polio blankets for the KDF any day now." - Roach
  • Options
    jermbotjermbot Member Posts: 801 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    chalpen wrote: »
    They won't join the KDF. Feds have more missions/ships/customization/items.
    Cryptic knows this.

Missions... the Romulans have their own and won't be doing Fed missions at all.

Ships, yeah, maybe.

Customization, Romulans aren't allowed to wear Federation uniforms or use Federation races.

Items. The KDF has better consoles.

I'm a little surprised that more people haven't realized that the majority of the Federation's advantages will be a non-issue to a Romulan player.
  • Options
    radaikofromulusradaikofromulus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jermbot wrote: »
    Missions... the Romulans have their own and won't be doing Fed missions at all.

Ships, yeah, maybe.

Customization, Romulans aren't allowed to wear Federation uniforms or use Federation races.

Items. The KDF has better consoles.

I'm a little surprised that more people haven't realized that the majority of the Federation's advantages will be a non-issue to a Romulan player.

It isn't the content and its certainly not the ships for the die-hard Romulan fan. Much of the decision will boil down to home fleets. We've had three years with a fleet on one faction or another. This will be the deciding factor. Time will show who the die-hard Romulan fans are, just as it has with the Klingon fan. The new toons will hit lvl 50 and players will have a shiny new Warbird. Once the newness and inherent difficulties of being an effective commander in a space tank as big as a D'Deridex cruiser sets in, you'll see Romulans going back to their old toons.

I am personally leaving my main toon to play a Romulan. It was my desire from day one. I have been in a fleet family for three years, that is what is deciding the alliance choice for my Romulan character.
  • Options
    setsufujisetsufuji Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I, for one, am a stalwart Federation Player who will be bringing my Romulan to the KDF side and I KNOW that I am not the only one, so do not lose hope.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I love it.

When the small fleets had an issue, the big fleeters told us to 'deal with it'. It was our own fault for not quitting the small fry and joining a big fleet.

Now the megafleets want a cap increase.

Wait for it...

Deal with it.

Back on topic, I plan to run multiple Rom characters in both factions. Going KDF makes a certain amount of sense if you want to play a Romulan who's hostile to the Federation. And it'll spice up PvP queues, I would hope.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek