What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Fleet] Ferasan Shadow Force

Comments

• Options
    loukocloukoc Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    "The Scimitar's behavior has been extensively reworked to create a more dangerous and unpredictable encounter."

Anyone who fights Donatra after maintenance please post here what exactly the behavioral changes are...
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    loukoc wrote: »
    "The Scimitar's behavior has been extensively reworked to create a more dangerous and unpredictable encounter."

Anyone who fights Donatra after maintenance please post here what exactly the behavioral changes are...

Will do.
    10chars.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Will do.
    10chars.

Sankyuu Sarabi!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I'll take that as thank you.
    So Yako Kuwakaribish Sifuri.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    I'll take that as thank you.
    So Yako Kuwakaribish Sifuri.

Say "sankyuu" out loud, does it remind you of any English words?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Yes.
    10chars.
  • Options
    rosharosha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Say "sankyuu" out loud, does it remind you of any English words?

Nothing English, engrish yes.
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wait........Donatra staying visible was a bug? If anything, she loved cloaking a bit too much. :rolleyes:
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Just fought Donatra on Zira. Only difference I really noticed was her increased speed in cloak. She would pop in and out much faster, and often behind you. She's not firing her Thalaron into dead space anymore.
  • Options
    eatenbykitsuneeatenbykitsune Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh I completely missed the part about the damage of borg torps being reduced, thought they only fixed the visuals, still remains to be seen by how much they are getting reduced, Considering the minor tweaks from before, like nothing more than 5% I bet...
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    From Tribble:
      . . .
    • Added Transwarp to Tau Dewa Sector Block as reward from completing New Romulus Reputation Tier 1.

TRIBBLE yes!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Surprised they didn't make it higher tier! Either way, much needed addition, was about time we got it!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    In other news, I just had the most beautiful dream ever. My life is now complete. :D
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
  • Options
    commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is to be sent as an in-game fleet mail. I will send it when I get home unless one of you with author rights feels like copy/pasting this.

Shadowcats,

It is a grave disappointment that I must announce that a very active Federation Fleet, Caspian Division, has been lost. One of their leaders got TRIBBLE. His account was used to remove all members then he himself was removed.

I want to take this moment to explain why the Ferasan Shadow Force is run as it is. When we formed this fleet, security and longevity of the fleet was foremost on our minds. That is why we are very particular of who we promote to Elite and why we will almost never promote to Master.

A single disgruntled Master could completely undo everything we have worked hard to accomplish. Each of the Masters of this fleet is a person who has basically sworn to leave the fleet rather than bring harm to it. Losing the Ferasan Shadow Force would be tantamount to losing an arm to us.

That is why we will not be promoting anyone to Master without us knowing specifically what type of person they are. Understand this fleet is less than a year old. Most of us Masters have known each other in-game for the entirety of STO before this fleet was formed. The Masters know each other in-game and many of us know each other out of the game.

So while it may seem like we are an oligarchy, it is because we are. As an Elite member of the fleet you have almost all rights within the fleet, with the exception of destroying it. And that is by design. We want this fleet to last and the fewer people with access to the delete button the better.

As for Catphone, I am the creator/owner. There can only be one owner as the game is designed. I have designated a few people as ?Admin? (mainly Masters and certain Elite players) but I will be demoting all of the "Operators" back to "User". This is not a reflection on your part at all and most of you will see no difference. I just realized the chat system isn't customizable like the fleet system.

Within the chat system, there are User, Operator, Admin, and Owner. The ability to mute other players and the channel comes in at the "Operator" level while the "Admin" level provides insignificant extra rights. So if you are an Admin already, you will stay as an Admin. All others will be demoted back to User.

Again, 99% of you will realize no difference.

I appreciate all of the hard work you cats have done and we really want to ensure that hard work is never lost. We may seem stringent for such a small fleet, but it protects us.

It is a pleasure to play with you cats.
    MG Twinkers@Commadore_Bob
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is to be sent as an in-game fleet mail. I will send it when I get home unless one of you with author rights feels like copy/pasting this.
    i don't think all that's going to fit in an ingame mail; you may need to trim some of it
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Shadowcats,

It is a grave disappointment that I must announce that a very active Federation Fleet has been lost. Caspian Division Fleet was shut down by a disgruntled high-ranking person. My understanding is Since the fleet wasn't hijacked and the person responsible had the privileges to scuttle the fleet, the GMs are not taking any action.

WRONG!

I was a member of Caspian and what happened to us wasn't by a disgruntle leader. One of our leaders got TRIBBLE. His account was used to remove all members then he himself was removed.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    wilv wrote: »
    WRONG!

I was a member of Caspian and what happened to us wasn't by a disgruntle leader. One of our leaders got TRIBBLE. His account was used to remove all members then he himself was removed.

Thank you. Facts corrected.
    edited April 2013
    Within the chat system, there are User, Operator, Admin, and Owner. The ability to mute other players and the channel comes in at the "Operator" level while the "Admin" level provides insignificant extra rights. So if you are an Admin already, you will stay as an Admin. All others will be demoted back to User.

I don't mind either way, but with the channel being private to avoid dental appointments it could limit invitations or dealing with issues like when the religion discussions or ball fondling reach fervored pitches - ;)

Not sure if you want more Admins to the channel then, right now there are only four, plus yourself.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I think now would be a good time for everyone to change their passwords. You should be changing them at least twice a year.
    edited April 2013
    rosha wrote: »
    I don't mind either way, but with the channel being private to avoid dental appointments it could limit invitations or dealing with issues like when the religion discussions or ball fondling reach fervored pitches - ;)

Not sure if you want more Admins to the channel then, right now there are only four, plus yourself.

I do agree with Rosha on the fact that it all Operators being bumped down to User could harm invitations due to the fact that there are times where no admin could be on.
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
  • Options
    wolfgangtwowolfgangtwo Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    wilv wrote: »
    WRONG!

M'Rekka is... dreadfully, horribly curious about how this occurred.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I do agree with Rosha on the fact that it all Operators being bumped down to User could harm invitations due to the fact that there are times where no admin could be on.

Hmm.... I may have to reconsider this (or at least see if Cryptic would be willing to make the ranks customizable like in the fleet)/
    edited April 2013
    I don't think there's any current operator who needs to be demoted.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Yeah we need CP operators, but otherwise, the whole fleet setup and policy as is now, I wholeheartedly agree with. When it comes to a fleet itself it's better to be a tad short on the cooks than to have too many, unless some can be thrown into the soup as well =^,,^=!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    If you have ideas of how fleets can better be protected from mayhem, share them here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=9051831#post9051831

Brandon has forwarded that thread to the devs for their info.
    edited April 2013
    [Personal Opinion]Cats, for your non-Ferasan alts, please consider joining Caspian Rising (FED) or Gates of Sto'vo'kor (KDF). They are made up of the refugees of Caspian Division and House of Caspian who just lost their Tier 4.5 fleet today and could use the help.[/Personal Opinion]

The FSF does not officially endorse other fleets.
    edited April 2013
    After I'm gone all the interesting discussions begin. Damn us humans and our need to live in different parts of the planet...
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Cheesebasket discovered a Romulan Embassy lurking beneath ESD, but not even a cat can explore it! The lack of a roof means that if you try to jump into it, you get beamed back to ESD! :mad:
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Almost forgot! Happy First Contact Day! (guess we're not getting a Phoenix and an episode like last year, since all devs are busy with Rommie stuff)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Almost forgot! Happy First Contact Day! (guess we're not getting a Phoenix and an episode like last year, since all devs are busy with Rommie stuff)

Feds get the same thing as last year. Klinks have a new event.
    Check your calendar.