test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet chat

gatsie7gatsie7 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
So i am not sure if this is the right place to post this ,so move it if you must !
When can we excpect to see the issue / BUG be fixed ,the one that when you use the change charecter option and log onto a charecter that is in the same fleet you lose the ability to use fleet chat ?

While we are on the subject how about the rest of the issue's the game has ? I will not sit here and post all of them, I'll let the others that read the post to add their list to the problem.

Honestly a reply would be nice after all we all know they exist not acknowleging them does not mean they are a figment of our imaginations.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by gatsie7 on

Comments

• Options
    aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited March 2013
    unfortunately this bug has been around for a very long time already..
    if it was something they could fix i would imagine it would have been fixed by now.

its probably something in the game that is holding the devs back.
    dont count on it being fixed any time soon..

do what i did, switch your fleet to a private channel.. that way you can switch chars and not have any chat bugs.
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've found that going into the Chat options, disable (uncheck) the Fleet Chat, then enable it will bring back the Fleet Chat...
  • Options
    jakkethepiratejakkethepirate Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, it pretty much has to do with how they handle their XMPP connections based on account and not individual character for the fleet chat. It's not that it would be hard to fix, it's just not really high priority, given that at some level, you are authorized access to that channel. The standard IT fix above of "turning it off and on again" usually does the trick. You can also log complete out rather than switching characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gatsie7gatsie7 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thank you for the answers on how to fix the issue (the answers i already know about) but here is the point that i need to get across..

First didn't PWE give us the option to change charecters without logging out of game for the purpose of saving us time or atleast convienance? and if so how has this made it convienent when they took away one step but added 2 more?

Second.. Why does it seem that they put a bandaid on a gapping gash instead of actually using stiches? In season 6 PWE seemed to be fixing all of the issues and i had a great feeling the game was getting better until season 7 when all that was fixed seemed to come back and instead of them(PWE) acknowledgeing that problems they seem to ignore the issues completly (This of course is my opionion based on the lack of any acknowledgement on their part) I had made a post before when they actually replyed and asked me to list the problems, just another way to push the problem back to the dark corners of the game where they can not see them.

And last I'M 46 years old and yes i like to come home from work and unwind from the grind and play a game I do not feel that this is a game anymore but a painful grind( and before you all say for me to stop playimg i have sunk so much of my free time into building a fleet and starbase that it seems i can not just walk away). So i ask does it and do you(PWE) really need to make every f'n thing in this game a grind or can we at least have some new End content that last more than 10 mins at a time? RANT OVER
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    johnnojhelmsjohnnojhelms Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Not sure if your issue is the exact same I've had, but I noticed that I couldn't type in fleet chat nor select it from the dropdown quite often (only recently joined a fleet).

I tried a bunch of things and here's a solution that saves you logging out, or unselecting/reselecting;

Right click chat window's top to get the chat config window pop up, select channels tab, click refresh bottom right corner. You can then select fleet from the dropdown again.

Works every time and only takes a couple of seconds. Once you get the hang of it it'll be second nature (since it seems to bug up every time you type in team chat in a STF, then exit).

Hope this helps.