test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Lifetime Sale?

arminplugin1978arminplugin1978 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
When the next Lifetime Sale?

In want Buy Lifetime, it cost 299 Dollar.

Thats 218,74 Euro in Germany, but with Pay Pal i muss Pay Tax 41,57 Euro

= 260,31 Euro --> Thats 333 Dollar :eek:

This is very much Money. :(
Post edited by arminplugin1978 on

Comments

• Options
    corbinwolf#9797 corbinwolf Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    PayPal Tax?

I use PayPal with Cryptic and have never had to pay 'tax' before to either PayPal or Cryptic themselves. I have also sold and purchased large items, including motorcycles and cars with PayPal through eBay in the past and again, never had to pay any sort of tax. When selling I was charged a fee by PayPal when receiving funds, but that isn't a tax.

Inevitably, the company or person charging you is responsible for any PayPal expenses and are charged a fee via PayPal. I am not saying your mistaken, but rather, PayPal Germany is either ripping you off or there is something else at play here!

You should look into it.

Edit: P.S. Cryptic occasionally has Life Time Sales! The price goes down to $199 once or twice or year.
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hmm, I don't think PayPal has a tax, I'm thinking it must be VAT. I know that's something that my friends from across the pond have to deal with whenever they make transactions in the US. It's a bummer, but not much anyone can do about it.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    arminplugin1978arminplugin1978 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    When i buy zen with Pay Pal i dont muss pay Tax, but for Lifetime.

http://picload.org/image/allrroi/unbenannt.jpg
  • Options
    aurellianaurellian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This Paypal-Tax for a Lifetime-Subscription is really strange.

But an upcoming sale for Lifetime-Abos would be really great. Especially regarding the release of the Romulan expansion pack.
  • Options
    phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This comes up fairly frequently.

To recap:
    • Cryptic will obviously not announce exactly when sales are, since that'd stop most people from buying it when it's not on sale.
    • Executive Producer Dan Stahl has said there will be approximately two lifetime sales per year.
    • There have been 2 sales (bringing price from $300 to $200) since the game went F2P: June 5-29 and October 9-November 12.
    • Lifetime members receive all the veteran rewards (from 100 days to 1000 days) immediately. They will then get a 500 zen stipend each month for the lifetime of the game. Additional perks include ability to play as a Liberated Borg Human or Klingon.
    • They also get gold member benefits like expanded bank and inventory slots, character slots, respec tokens when they level up, and coming in May, playable Remans
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lan451 wrote: »
    Hmm, I don't think PayPal has a tax, I'm thinking it must be VAT. I know that's something that my friends from across the pond have to deal with whenever they make transactions in the US. It's a bummer, but not much anyone can do about it.

VAT : Value Added Tax
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    VAT : Value Added Tax

Well yeah, but what I meant is that it's not a PayPal specific tax. I've had friends in the past have to deal with it who never used PayPal.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    ussfuryussfury Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I actually have money set aside for a lifetime sale.

Little glass case. Has a vinyl Deputy Dawg wallet in it with some money set aside. Small sign saying "In case of lifetime sale, break glass."

Next to it is a small dustpan and brush in a glass case. Sign reads "In case of broken glass, break glass."
  • Options
    admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have something to say.

If you want ?132/$200 from me, and a lot of other people here, put a sale up.
    If you want ?0/$0 from me, and a lot of other people here, don't put a sale up.

EDIT: Really? You don't understand the pound symbol? That really is shoing that to america, England and the rest of The UK doesn't exist. Can you not recognise that we have a currency too?
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
  • Options
    jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have something to say.

If you want ?132/$200 from me, and a lot of other people here, put a sale up.
    If you want ?0/$0 from me, and a lot of other people here, don't put a sale up.

EDIT: Really? You don't understand the pound symbol? That really is shoing that to america, England and the rest of The UK doesn't exist. Can you not recognise that we have a currency too?

If the current currency conversion gives you the ?132 then you have the wrong amount as you have to add VAT on top of that, if that value is including the VAT then ignore me :)

Edit
    Including VAT it will be ?157.53 GBP
  • Options
    deightonxdeightonx Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would really love to see a sale on lifetime, I would probably for sure think of getting one. I love that Chimera Heavy Destroyer :D.
  • Options
    c00litc00lit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hopefully there's going to be a lifetime sale soonish as I'll definitely grab one if there is. The VAT on this is really a killer.
  • Options
    jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    c00lit wrote: »
    Hopefully there's going to be a lifetime sale soonish as I'll definitely grab one if there is. The VAT on this is really a killer.

If I could lose the vat charge id probably pick up LTS on offer.
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Buy it from a different country, and you won't have to pay that, then. PWE can't change the rules there. If that rule doesn't work for you, change the equation: Shop from a different country. This is the Internet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]