test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emergency Maintenance (March 29, 2013 - 7PM - 9PM PDT)

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited March 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online in 1 hour and 30 minutes for emergency maintenance -- we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

The goal of this maintenance is to resolve the latency issues some players have been experiencing when in the same map as someone using a saucer separation or similar power.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Better get some STF runs in quick.. :o
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The maintenance is for a good cause. We do need those lags fixed.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Does this have anything to do with why I can't transfer zen to STO? I keep getting an error message telling me to try again later.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • clintsatclintsat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    US Primetime...on a weekend night... wow...
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited March 2013
    Patch notes updated: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=600621
    lan451 wrote: »
    Does this have anything to do with why I can't transfer zen to STO? I keep getting an error message telling me to try again later.

I don't think so. The billing team is investigating that, though.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited March 2013
    I don't think so. The billing team is investigating that, though.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Right on. It's not a major emergency obviously (well at least for me, not sure about on Cryptic's end) just that it was slightly annoying. I'll just try it again tomorrow. :)
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • sionlancersionlancer Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Is this maintenance going to fix the errors with tribble char. select screen? I noticed you guys are trying out a new screen, but it keeps messing up everytime I log in. Holodeck and redshirt are fine, just tribble is affected.:D Thanks in advance guys, and keep up the good work.
  • trekie564trekie564 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    just wanted to give all you Cryptic and/or perfect world people a HUGE thank you for all you do. and for putting up w/ us and our griping.you all are awesome at what you do, and we appreciate it a TON. anyone who aggrees w/ me, quote this message and give the tec team a digital standing ovation.
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
    edited March 2013
    Meh, some people don't understand that emergency maintenance is...well...an emergency and not planned. The saucer sep bug needed a fix ASAP.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • deathboy68deathboy68 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I hope they fix the same problem with the Bortas! The exact same thing was happening with mine.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hmm, will the costume fix allow us to change our uniforms again?
    edited March 2013
    :D
    trekie564 wrote: »
    just wanted to give all you Cryptic and/or perfect world people a HUGE thank you for all you do. and for putting up w/ us and our griping.you all are awesome at what you do, and we appreciate it a TON. anyone who aggrees w/ me, quote this message and give the tec team a digital standing ovation.
    :D
    you go brandon!
    this is not a flame, if you consider it a flame, i apologize. it is not meant as such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Based on the amount of lag/latency problems I would wager this is a financial reason for taking it down since this has been happening since Season 7's Launch.
  • alan1701halan1701h Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Cheers to all the guys and girls behind-the-scenes for everything! :D
  • twathandletwathandle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Bank holiday weekend friday night maintenance...... really?

What a smart idea.:eek:
    edited March 2013
    It's emergency maintenance. Check the announcements forum.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I wish Cryptic would publish all of the bugs we've submitted and let us know the status of them.
    edited March 2013
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    I wish Cryptic would publish all of the bugs we've submitted and let us know the status of them.

agreed. it's a good thought.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    fadmbambam wrote: »

I can give you the status of them... they are in a black hole :)
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So are we gonna post funny videos or Complain the game is down?
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited March 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »

vids. read my page 1 post if ya need a reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • kirkfollower24kirkfollower24 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Any chance this will be the last time you'll do surprise maintenance? During a busy time, when most of us have the only time to be in STO cause of work...
    -- Supreme Snoo Kirkfollower24--
    ~The House of Snoo~
    ~The Grim Reapers~
    ~Black Op Armada~
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online in 1 hour and 30 minutes for emergency maintenance -- we expect this maintenance to only last for 2 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

The goal of this maintenance is to resolve the latency issues some players have been experiencing when in the same map as someone using a saucer separation or similar power.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
    Two nights in a row?
  • kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I sooo agree!!!! clap clap clap!!!!!!!
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • partzspartzs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I thought this was star trek ONLINE? Right now its star trek OFFLINE! I like that your doing maintenance but seriously on good Friday????? And at a core hour of the US play time?????
  • mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well, this was a bit unexpected, but welcome. Although there goes my night of playing. Better light a billiard pipe and open up a book for a spell.
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • stulloydstulloyd Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Some things can't be planned. Emergency Maintainance is 1. I do hope they get the Uniform Bug & Ship Seperation bug fixed with this maintainance 2nite. But if not. Well They'll get it sorted 1 way or the Other. Thxs for the hard work PWE on getting the game bk up & running.
    edited March 2013
    anyone who's gonna just sit here and gripe about the game being down for EMERGANCY mant., just get off the forum now, please. this is not a flame, just a request.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP, everyone.
  • omegashinzonomegashinzon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtmbzJNPsaQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
    So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
  • puykonigpuykonig Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Please take your time and fix the issue. it does not matter how long it take but just fix it.

people will always get mad at you guys no matter what the reason is.
    I know how hard you guy been working on it. Just take your time to do the work.;)
This discussion has been closed.