test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Wrath of Khan" Requests

warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
edited October 2013 in The Art of Star Trek Online
So, despite all this recent stuff with the Romulans, I'm putting some requests in for some more "Wrath of Khan" items. So, without further ado...

Burst / Pulse Firing Phaser Banks - Evidenced greatly from this movie. The movies is the only place where we've seen general phaser banks fire like this. TOS and TNG onwards have been the traditional steady beams. Please include the unique sound effects too!

"Lightning" Photon Torpedo Sound Effect
- Really the only time in all Star Trek that Photons sounded this cool. Like freakin' lightning. Also in the same scene more Burst / Pulse Firing Phaser Banks.

Star Trek I - VI Era Bridges - Namely the bridges from the Constitution Refit / Enterprise. The Miranda / Reliant and Excelsior bridges and interiors would be total icing to the cake.
Edit to add: In addition, like the TOS Constitution Bridge / Interior Set, that the crew NPCs wear the different uniforms of the TMP era, to include the well known officer uniforms as well as the jumpsuits and engineer smocks.

Red Alert Sound Effect - From TWOK, specifically from the Kobayashi Maru simulation. Another example, adapted from TMP movie by someone for a Bridge Commander game mod.

Movie Era Constitution and Miranda Skins - Some slight tweaks. Firstly, glowing nacelles wasn't the norm for Starfleet ships of the timeframe.
Edit to add: Also, please include endgame versions of the TMP era refits for the Constitution and Miranda class ships. A nice bonus would be appropriately lower hull numbers, since these ships were made long ago, i.e. NCC-1750 or something like that, instead of the much larger numbers with modern Starfleet vessels.

Environmental Suits from Star Trek VI: Specifically the ones used by the assassins in this movie (53 seconds).

2278 - 2350 Starfleet Uniforms
A variety of items could be added in from this era. Namely, I'd love to see the Field Jacket that was worn by Kirk and his away team when they beamed down to the planet. The Bomber Jacket that was worn by Scotty would be nice, too. Also the skirt would be another addition, since none come with the TWOK set.

TWOK Officer's Jacket Fix - As shown from Uhura's picture, STO has a coloring problem. Specifically, the version with the jacket flap open. As it stands with STO, the underside matches colors with whatever the player picks for the collar and shoulder board. That's not supposed to be, it should always remain that white/off-white color.

In addition:
balran wrote: »
I would also like to add to the list a little. The shoulder board/strap has a tendency to break or bend in weird ways on characters with particularly broad shoulders and just looks bad in general. I would also like to see the 'pips and squeaks' that appear on the left sleeve division band that are used to denote length of service and to display commendations and awards.

Uniform Insignia & Ranks - Of all the uniform sets for any era of Star Trek, those used in II thru VI were by far the most detailed. As it stands, STO's TWOK uniforms only allow the Captain devices. More could be added.

These movie era uniforms had always been my favorite Starfleet uniforms in all of Star Trek. Enlisted had their working style uniforms, but the famed uniforms from these movies are those worn by the officers. TNG onwards did adopt the proper, modern Naval uniform style of common jumpsuits. But for the movies with Kirk, minus TMP, the costume designers opted for the older naval tradition. The regular sailors having working uniforms, and officers were unmistakable in their appearance and looked like officers.
XzRTofz.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• balranbalran Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have to second all these suggestions. This era of uniforms and ships are what I grew up with and are what always come to mind first when I think of Star Trek. The half-finished Wrath of Khan uniforms have been a personal peeve of mine since the game launched and they first became available. We have had several different uniforms come out for since the game launched and these have been left behind.

I would also like to add to the list a little. The shoulder board/strap has a tendency to break or bend in weird ways on characters with particularly broad shoulders and just looks bad in general. I would also like to see the 'pips and squeaks' that appear on the left sleeve division band that are used to denote length of service and to display commendations and awards.
  • phyloephyloe Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would enjoy seeing these as well as the bridge and ship interior from that era. This could make a nice themed pack for the c-store.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,494 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Agreed on the ranks.
    They've got documentation of all ranks from Ensign to Vice Admiral at least. To cover the two Rear Admiral ranks they can use the Commodore insignia for RA Lower and the actual RA insignia for RA Upper.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    yeah, the bridges would be quite nice, and the rest...
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited March 2013
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Couldn't agree more with these suggestions. :)
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • scacchetti210scacchetti210 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Don't forget the "red alert" sounds in TWOK, and TMP, the siren is cool, but i always wanted the movie version
  • catoblepasbetacatoblepasbeta Member Posts: 1,532 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am definately in favor of every single one of these suggestions, and I would love a 'Wrath of Khan-era' zen store pack may I add a few of my own?

The Space Suits from Undiscovered country
    Engineering uniforms

Phasers from ST V+VI (ground Weapon)
    Phasers from ST II (ground weapon)

Galileo-Type Shuttlecraft

If there is a Wrath of Khan era interior, it shoudl have the proper uniforms for the era! I cannot understate how disappointed I was that the DS9 'belfast' bridge did not have this.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I like this thread.
  • lincolninspacelincolninspace Member Posts: 1,843 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The Space Suits from Undiscovered country

I like those especially the assasin's spacesuit
    A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM
    Parallels: my second mission for Fed aligned Romulans.
  • darthwoodarthwoo Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Speaking of the uniforms, something has always seemed a bit off to me about the collars. The way they're modeled makes the collar seem like it's just attached to the jacket, rather than being a turtleneck underneath a jacket. Not sure if there's any easy way to fix that, but it's something I'd like to see changed.
  • erikmodierikmodi Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The II-VI movie uniforms are by far my favorite Starfleet uniforms ever, and I would definitely like to see more detail attention paid. Mostly, I would like the Captain rank insignia changed to match other ranks. I would even forgive STO for doing away with the elaborate authentic rank pins and use the generic pips system (much as I loath that particular rank insignia), but if they did do the authentic pins, I'd be one happy fanboy. Also, I agree on the skirt.
  • herbiehdykemanherbiehdykeman Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    how about some antique eyeglasses (for those whose toons are allergic to Retinax V) :cool:

or a stolen Klingon Bird-of-Prey for fed toons
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daroskadaroska Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It would be nice to have some KDF content to go with this.

Like for instance Khan Noonien Singh's outfits or just a few of the
    general outfits that the Augmented Crewman wear. In addition, but
    only on a related subject that seems befitting for such a pack: it
    would be nice to see augmentation for Nausicaans (brow option: like
    Goshi the Augmented's) and those TOS Klingons as playable choices.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    All of my money for all of these suggestions, especially the ST:VI bridge, fixed uniforms, alternate ship skins, and that EVA suit from six.

They really just need to make a sweet TMP bundle.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    cidstorm wrote: »
    All of my money for all of these suggestions, especially the ST:VI bridge, fixed uniforms, alternate ship skins, and that EVA suit from six.

They really just need to make a sweet TMP bundle.

It's surprising that they haven't done a TMP bundle as you said. It would be based on a well depicted timeframe in Star Trek. After all, there were SIX movies based in this era compared to TNG's four.

Also, there is a suggestion I intend to edit in with my OP. Something that is so blatantly obvious that needs to be done and I'm surprised I missed it.
    XzRTofz.gif
    edited April 2013
    daroska wrote: »
    It would be nice to have some KDF content to go with this.

Like for instance Khan Noonien Singh's outfits or just a few of the
    general outfits that the Augmented Crewman wear. In addition, but
    only on a related subject that seems befitting for such a pack: it
    would be nice to see augmentation for Nausicaans (brow option: like
    Goshi the Augmented's) and those TOS Klingons as playable choices.

I have stuff in mind and I'll get them onto the OP later.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • rooster707rooster707 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't know if this is from Wrath of Khan or not, but I would like some longer skirts. :P
    76561198032353876.png
  • dorusnonndorusnonn Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Totally supporting the idea of a WHOLE BUNDLE! My oldie lady Excelsior cries for a proper bridge, with properly dressed crew :P
    Being here since 2011 Spring
  • tosveteranstosveterans Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes this has to be one of my favorite Star Trek eras for looks and the feel of everything. Everything is in the game already it is just making it work and figuring out how much we will pay. I am sure there are lots of us that would pay a premium ;)
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Glad to see this thread is still kicking, those TWOK uniforms are the ones I see the most, so classy.
    edited May 2013
    The TWOK uniforms are my favorite uniforms of all the ones shown in Star Trek. The officers use the iconic jacket, and they look the part for what officers would wear in a classy naval fashion from the old days. There were still jumpsuits and such for the enlisted guys that were shown many times in the movies set in the era. But the officers "looked" like officers.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And I would wear the coat from TWOK that Kirk wore on the away mission to Regula 1.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • morkargh117morkargh117 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They need to add the Wrath of Khan phasers, assault phasers and revamp this WoK uniform...plus couldn't hurt to add the utility, engineering variants as well.
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love these ideas.

rooster707 wrote: »
    I don't know if this is from Wrath of Khan or not, but I would like some longer skirts. :P

The Academy uniform skirt is less mini than the others. Its length works well with the TWK jacket.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • magnamaelduinmagnamaelduin Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any new costume pack definitely ought to include the enlisted/cadet variants, as well as the security uniform... or perhaps include a rankless armor equipment that uses the security armor visual.

And heck, throw the ST V fans another bone. You already have Nimbus III, so why not the assault uniforms?

Still, if the set could only include one bridge/interior set, which would you go for?

My vote would be against ST VI, as the Prometheus bridge is somewhat similar.
  • ccarmichael07ccarmichael07 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /signed

Everything listed here, I definitely would like to have, and have requested for some time.

Oh, and add the "Commodore" Vanity Title to the list for RA Lower unlock.

"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack.
    I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
  • malakhglitchmalakhglitch Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    or a stolen Klingon Bird-of-Prey for fed toons

A non-combat B'Rel pet? WANT!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I second the Bomber Jacket (Closest we can come at the moment is the Enterprise top)...

And now that Romulans have a 'Vest' option, this is the perfect time to give us Scotty's Engineer Vest - Come on, Devs, please? WoK-style pants, belt and insignia, the TNG 'Captain's Variant' shirt and that Engineer Vest over it and us Movie Era fans would finally have our Engineering Captains and BOffs looking like we dream...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • captclazoruscaptclazorus Member Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think we need the high heeled boots for our female crewmembers like those worn by Uhura.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Star Trek: Rubicon" Season 1, Season 2 A new era, a new time, a new crew, a new ship, a new mission...
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment because it will never come again."- Jean-Luc Picard