PVP Tournament without the BS

Comments

• drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Naz any date/ time for the tourney yet?

Nevermind saw it now!
  • naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Intital thoughts on tournament time is 8pm GMT / 9pm CET / 4pm EST. Saturday April 6th

What you guys think?

Also please can i have captain names to send out tournament information to.

Thanks in advance guys - Lets do this ;)
  • brencardenbrencarden Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hey Guys

I will be in the pvp Tournement and am looking forward to it!!!

I would just like to ask why the Scramble sensors Doff is not allowed. . .
  • p2wsucksp2wsucks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    brencarden wrote: »
    Hey Guys

I'm gonna guess it's b/c it gets in the way of certain Lt Eng Boff abilities w/their doffs that reduce cooldowns and other cooldown reducing doffs.
    [Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    "Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
    C&H Fed banter
    edited March 2013
    brencarden wrote: »
    Hey Guys

Its like an AOE subnuke - Potential to abuse in a team. Also kills the fun ^^
    edited March 2013
    naz4 wrote: »
    Its like an AOE subnuke - Potential to abuse in a team. Also kills the fun ^^

That's a bit overstating it. It reduces the cooldowns for at most 10 seconds, it doesn't strip buffs like SNB does which is what is the real strength of SNB.

How is it anymore abusable than the VM doffs that can jump to multilple players? Or the Jem AP console that gives Team immunity to movement debuffs, placate debuffs, and scramble debuffs while providing a Team damage boost? PSWTorps are broken and they're not on the list? How about the Vesta team heal console? The steam Team uh-oh Fortress console? A KDF team using Elite Fleet weapon w/25% shield damage proc? Lolz regen from Human Boffs? Theta near instant crew wipes?

I notice my concern w/cooldown reduction doffs never made it on the Space concerns thread. Yet, other things which have much less impact are. That's the problem stuff really does come across as clique based cherry picking.
    [Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    C&H Fed banter
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have been instructed to confirm here that I am registered in your tournament.

Unless anything changes, Team Explorers Fury (no apostrophe, don't ask me why, not the name I created) will be there.

One question: Is there a tournament fee, like CSI's tournament?
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
    edited March 2013
    I have been instructed to confirm here that I am registered in your tournament.

Unless anything changes, Team Explorers Fury (no apostrophe, don't ask me why, not the name I created) will be there.

One question: Is there a tournament fee, like CSI's tournament?

No fee, No prizes - All for glory and honour of knowing you participated in something awesome ;)
  • darkfader1988darkfader1988 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    p2wsucks wrote: »
    That's a bit overstating it. It reduces the cooldowns for at most 10 seconds, it doesn't strip buffs like SNB does which is what is the real strength of SNB.

How is it anymore abusable than the VM doffs that can jump to multilple players? Or the Jem AP console that gives Team immunity to movement debuffs, placate debuffs, and scramble debuffs while providing a Team damage boost? PSWTorps are broken and they're not on the list? How about the Vesta team heal console? The steam Team uh-oh Fortress console? A KDF team using Elite Fleet weapon w/25% shield damage proc? Lolz regen from Human Boffs? Theta near instant crew wipes?

I notice my concern w/cooldown reduction doffs never made it on the Space concerns thread. Yet, other things which have much less impact are. That's the problem stuff really does come across as clique based cherry picking.

Its not the single person doing it, but a whole team abusing it is different. Its with alot of stuff in this game, single person using it is not considered OP, a whole team... yeah. Same for siphoning and draining.

Also it does affect captain abilities as well.
    MT - Sad Pandas
    edited March 2013
    Its not the single person doing it, but a whole team abusing it is different. Its with alot of stuff in this game, single person using it is not considered OP, a whole team... yeah. Same for siphoning and draining.

Also it does affect captain abilities as well.

What he said p2wsucks and first hand experience of it in arena ques a few times multi stacked by opponents.

My aim was to have no more than 10 rules. Any more than this amount in my opinion, it becames an argument leading to the tournament going nowhere...

I based the rules on personal experience of what kills the fun for me and thought it would be similar for others.
    At the end of the day, if you don't like the rules, you dont need to participate. All the teams who signed up agreed to them so, surely they cant be a bad set of rules?
    I'm gonna guess it's b/c it gets in the way of certain Lt Eng Boff abilities w/their doffs that reduce cooldowns and other cooldown reducing doffs.

You got something against Aux 2 batt with doffs? - You have to trade a lot of survivability to use it, so if people want to use it, let them. Not exactly game breaking imo...
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2013
    kevaldt wrote: »

4. No Boarding Parties (Broken)

Dont think this is actually broken and can be easily removed with tac teams.

That's the problem. Most abilities have one counter. Boarding Party has like five or six.

Tac team, Eng Team, TSS (with doff), AoE damage, shooting them down, a point defense turret- it's broken in that it's so incredibly easy to counter, and almost totally ineffectual.

Broken doesn't mean powerful.
    edited March 2013
    What he said p2wsucks and first hand experience of it in arena ques a few times multi stacked by opponents.

My aim was to have no more than 10 rules. Any more than this amount in my opinion, it becames an argument leading to the tournament going nowhere...

I based the rules on personal experience of what kills the fun for me and thought it would be similar for others.
    At the end of the day, if you don't like the rules, you dont need to participate. All the teams who signed up agreed to them so, surely they cant be a bad set of rules?

You got something against Aux 2 batt with doffs? - You have to trade a lot of survivability to use it, so if people want to use it, let them. Not exactly game breaking imo...

I've got something against cooldown doffs in general. Also, you're wrong on the survivabilty assumption. In fact, they can be built to be stronger defensively in addition to better offensively. I've even got a B'rel Sci build using a single aux2batt that can spam Sci Boff powers in a larger variety. This Doff is one of the few counters to the cooldown reduction doffs.

I still don't see how 5 players using SS doff is any worse than 5 players using the pseudo AP Jem console (or any other Team benefitting console for that matter). You accept complaints on a 10 second timer increase, but not those where a player can get up to 60 seconds of decreases in boff timers. You say it's now b/c of how it scales, but you ignore many other things that are team buffs that can be rolled.

So, you limit it to 10 restrictions in you're own tourney which is fine it's your tourney. But, that it bleeds over into the Space concerns thread b/c you've got group think going on people your group doesn't agree w/don't get their concerns added. So, I'm pointing out the subjective based hypocrasy here. You're supposed to represent all PvPers concerns not just the players you are friendly with.
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    C&H Fed banter
    edited March 2013
    No fee, No prizes - All for glory and honour of knowing you participated in something awesome ;)

Awesome, thank you. I am looking forward to this :)

Team captain: @stardestroyer001
  • hurleybirdhurleybird Member Posts: 909
    edited March 2013
    illcadia wrote: »
    That's the problem. Most abilities have one counter. Boarding Party has like five or six.

Tac team, Eng Team, TSS (with doff), AoE damage, shooting them down, a point defense turret- it's broken in that it's so incredibly easy to counter, and almost totally ineffectual.

Broken doesn't mean powerful.

It's both under-powered and broken. Under-powered for the reasons you listed, and broken because it can lock your tray if you die under it's influence.
  • hydrodurahydrodura Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    hurleybird wrote: »
    It's both under-powered and broken. Under-powered for the reasons you listed, and broken because it can lock your tray if you die under it's influence.

boarding party is not broken just hurt some fleet build. cause they carrry two sci team and no tac team. so they claim it`s broken so you dont use it against them in the tournament. welcome to bs central.
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Shall we not get too bogged down on the rules?

They've been set. Either abide or decide this tourny is not to your taste and wait for the next.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
    edited March 2013
    Shall we not get too bogged down on the rules?

They've been set. Either abide or decide this tourny is not to your taste and wait for the next.

Thank you voice of reason.
    edited March 2013
    I've got something against cooldown doffs in general. Also, you're wrong on the survivabilty assumption. In fact, they can be built to be stronger defensively in addition to better offensively. I've even got a B'rel Sci build using a single aux2batt that can spam Sci Boff powers in a larger variety. This Doff is one of the few counters to the cooldown reduction doffs.

I still don't see how 5 players using SS doff is any worse than 5 players using the pseudo AP Jem console (or any other Team benefitting console for that matter). You accept complaints on a 10 second timer increase, but not those where a player can get up to 60 seconds of decreases in boff timers. You say it's now b/c of how it scales, but you ignore many other things that are team buffs that can be rolled.

So, you limit it to 10 restrictions in you're own tourney which is fine it's your tourney. But, that it bleeds over into the Space concerns thread b/c you've got group think going on people your group doesn't agree w/don't get their concerns added. So, I'm pointing out the subjective based hypocrasy here. You're supposed to represent all PvPers concerns not just the players you are friendly with.

If you have something personal against me, please don't turn something good I.e. this tournament thread into an argument. Send me a mail and I'll sort it out.

As for the concerns thread, I might have missed one or two items by mistake, not through spite. We are all humies after all. Well, most of us anyway.....

As for being my tourney, in a sense it is and isn't. I myself will not be a participant in it. Neither will my fleet in a direct manner apart from the new breed. The old school pandas will be helping other fleets, so stacking in our favour is completely out of the question. I prefer it to be recognised more as a community event where it belongs to the participants. All I'm doing is creating a framework to the best of my abilities in which a fun competitive event can occur where win or loose, everyone walks away with a smile on their face.

If you think you can do it better buddy, by all means, take the stage next time and I'll bow out..
    edited March 2013
    hydrodura wrote: »
    boarding party is not broken just hurt some fleet build. cause they carrry two sci team and no tac team. so they claim it`s broken so you dont use it against them in the tournament. welcome to bs central.

So the boarding party uncleansable cool down is a lie? I have sure as hell been hit with it. And having all your weapons on cool down never mind the bridge abilities is not fun. Yes, that ability is bs central when it does that.
    edited March 2013
    Please can I have feedback on time of tournament from the participants. 8pm GMT / 9pm CET / 4pm EST ( I think that's the right conversion) on 6th April 2013. The date is fixed, the time bit is open to limited debate.

Also, I would like to host it on a team speak server if anyone is willing to offer the services :)
    edited March 2013
    If you have something personal against me, please don't turn something good I.e. this tournament thread into an argument. Send me a mail and I'll sort it out.

As for the concerns thread, I might have missed one or two items by mistake, not through spite. We are all humies after all. Well, most of us anyway.....

As for being my tourney, in a sense it is and isn't. I myself will not be a participant in it. Neither will my fleet in a direct manner apart from the new breed. The old school pandas will be helping other fleets, so stacking in our favour is completely out of the question. I prefer it to be recognised more as a community event where it belongs to the participants. All I'm doing is creating a framework to the best of my abilities in which a fun competitive event can occur where win or loose, everyone walks away with a smile on their face.

If you think you can do it better buddy, by all means, take the stage next time and I'll bow out..

Idc about this tourney. I care about PvP balance. Somehow you are a gate keeper as to what is of PvP concern from the players to the Devs.

I posted this post:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=8216541&postcount=173

I then had my post debated and dismissed by others and you (breaking you're own rules). I went on to inform you that if you didn't just add my concerns to the list I would be making a big deal out it w/you. You are a part of a group think clique like it or not. I'm not saying it's malicious intent, but it's there. It's events like this that promote and dismiss ideas regardless of merit. So, it's not seperated. No, I won't just let it go.
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    C&H Fed banter
  • sleeeperr1sleeeperr1 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Idc about this tourney. I care about PvP balance. Somehow you are a gate keeper as to what is of PvP concern from the players to the Devs.

I posted this post:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=8216541&postcount=173

I then had my post debated and dismissed by others and you (breaking you're own rules). I went on to inform you that if you didn't just add my concerns to the list I would be making a big deal out it w/you. You are a part of a group think clique like it or not. I'm not saying it's malicious intent, but it's there. It's events like this that promote and dismiss ideas regardless of merit. So, it's not seperated. No, I won't just let it go.
    ahem.. WAHHHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • legiqnairelegiqnaire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    People crying about what's off-limits... Naz is organizing a PVP based on what THE MAJORITY of the players want. We all want a tournament that conforms to what we run as a team, but the reality is, nothing he chooses will make EVERYONE happy.

If we have rules, the majority of us will be cool with it. But the people who rely on SS and other spammy skills will undoubtedly and obviously, be upset. If Naz's rules bother you, organize your own tournament, and find other spam happy fleets to participate. ;) Crying on the forums about what you don't like about it, only serves to make you look handicapped. Ditch the crutches and let's dance! :D

Apoc might not have two teams now Naz, we'll get at you as soon as we know what we got and who is gonna roll. Thanks again, boss!

~ Priest@Legiqnaire
    ^ Yes, that is my only toon now. >:P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wrathapocwrathapoc Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ill get the guys togeather naz and come up with the teams ill get back to you
    edited March 2013
    Please can I have feedback on time of tournament from the participants. 8pm GMT / 9pm CET / 4pm EST ( I think that's the right conversion) on 6th April 2013. The date is fixed, the time bit is open to limited debate.

Also, I would like to host it on a team speak server if anyone is willing to offer the services :)

I will double check with my team's participants on this time, and get back to you as soon as I can.
    edited March 2013
    I'd offer our TS but it's not big enough. I suggest the PVP Bootcamp one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
    edited March 2013
    I'd offer our TS but it's not big enough. I suggest the PVP Bootcamp one.

Good idea, however I want to keep it separate from boot camp just in case.

Maybe as a last resort.....

As for the rest of you "Let the games begin" and let's keep the momentum going. Cheers for the support guys.
    edited March 2013
    I'm sure Pheo won't mind if i add a few channels to the existing ones for a short period of time. Plus most/all fleets can use their own if it came down to the wire.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    edited March 2013
    I'm sure Pheo won't mind if i add a few channels to the existing ones for a short period of time. Plus most/all fleets can use their own if it came down to the wire.

Good point buddy.