test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thank You Cryptic

robertsonnolenrobertsonnolen Member Posts: 2 Arc User
I just want to give a big thanks to the team for having a large expansion in the works. I have been here since closed beta, but I got frustrated with the game near the time it went F2P. After coming back as a F2P player I enjoyed the game, but it was never enough content. Now with a third faction that we have all been waiting for, I am happy to say that cryptic now has my subscription back. For such a small team you guys do wonders for an MMO. I hope this is a new beginning for the STO I loved to play 3 years ago.
Post edited by robertsonnolen on

Comments

• Options
    daytonamaxdaytonamax Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I just want to give a big thanks to the team for having a large expansion in the works. I have been here since closed beta, but I got frustrated with the game near the time it went F2P. After coming back as a F2P player I enjoyed the game, but it was never enough content. Now with a third faction that we have all been waiting for, I am happy to say that cryptic now has my subscription back. For such a small team you guys do wonders for an MMO. I hope this is a new beginning for the STO I loved to play 3 years ago.

Did you know, that various devs have reported that their team is now about 3 times the size since a year ago?
  • Options
    pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've been here the whole time, but I'm going to /sign this thought to the STO team.

THANK YOU! :)
  • Options
    kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm also looking forward to the LoR expansion. Thank you Cryptic for putting so much work into it!
  • Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Indeed! Thanks for finally realizing adventures into all the shades of green. From Army Green, to Viridian! Incidentally the ability to sleep seems to be impaired by the events today. That sadly makes the wait longer!

---

• Options
    transam83transam83 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2013

This "expansion" is going to suck....its going to be full of BROKEN TRIBBLE, and bugs that will go unfixed just like it is now.

Quit trying to kiss this company's TRIBBLE and hand them your wallet like a good drone.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    transam83 wrote: »
    This "expansion" is going to suck....its going to be full of BROKEN TRIBBLE, and bugs that will go unfixed just like it is now.

Quit trying to kiss this company's TRIBBLE and hand them your wallet like a good drone.

I'm genuinely curious how you can live with yourself with all that negativity.
  • Options
    inosaskainosaska Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jexsamx wrote: »

Off-Topic: Your signature is genius seriously because it almost looks like hes about to say the words "Sweet Jesus" Oh man thanks for making such an awesome signature.

On-Topic: They did a wonderful job on getting out there first expansion. It might have taken 3 years to get it out but its better to have it done right with quality. Bugs are likely to happen but that's nothing new with MMORPGs.
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2013
    I'm glad people are excited. Everyone on this side of the screen is too.
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    monshmonsh Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    LTS since beta, and more enthusiastic than ever!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join our cause now!
  • Options
    lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jexsamx wrote: »

I can see where he is coming from. I am excited for May, but I can see people being skeptical giving past history with Cryptic and this game.
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'll say thank you when I see it. :D

But it looks nice. Looks. Not is. :P
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »
    I think a lot of us are hopeful, but cautious. We're wondering if a new Romulan Faction is just going to end up like the KDF Faction: 10 faction missions and then a lot of grinding to get through level 50?

I have already ground my KDF though 45 levels. I don't want to do that with my Rom too. Still, I'm hopeful that the Romulan Faction will get a decent number of Missions - and that the KDF will eventually get a bunch of new Missions too. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013

And I remember similar sentiments for Season 7 which did little to move this game forward, nothing whatsoever to address long-standing issues and brought with it a plethora of new bugs, most of which have gone unfixed.

My hope, my real hope is that you're being given the time and the resources to do the job that needs to be done - and not something like Defera, Nukara and Nomulus.

Best of luck to you all Taco :)
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • Options
    storobertpraetorstorobertpraetor Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    STO has come a long way. The fact that the team is now able to take such a bold leap as this is really encouraging for the health of the game.

I'm more excited about STO now then i have been since before launch.
    edited March 2013

I joined in as well with the expressed above...you guys take so much TRIBBLE from people whining about everything...sometimes needed most times not....still this is HUGE step in the right direction and I'm a happy camper and proud with my LTS sub since Beta.

We know there will be bugs but perfection is not human and we should understand that.

For what is worth thanks to all DEVs and keep up the good work. KUDOS to you all!!!:D
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Based on YOUR track record over the last day or so, I can almost guarantee that the reality that the rest of share will be totally and completely in opposition to what you post. :P

In other words, you've been completely wrong about everything that you post. You said that there we all would be butthurt and called us dumbasses for even thinking there would be a Romulan faction coming. And what was in the released information yesterday? A playable Romulan faction coming in May. You were completely and utterly WRONG. Eat some crow....and mind the bones and feathers! :D

And since you lack even the most basic of socially acceptable manners in being thankful for what you are given, please take your deplorable attitude elsewhere. :cool:
  • Options
    baclimonbaclimon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yes very nice job since the release of the Starbase's...
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    inosaska wrote: »
    Off-Topic: Your signature is genius seriously because it almost looks like hes about to say the words "Sweet Jesus" Oh man thanks for making such an awesome signature.

Likely because that actually is Cromwell's line at that moment.

Taco, the art has been the one reliable area of STO (especially of late). You've done an excellent job making things look shiny. I just hope that the rest of your comrades have managed to do that shinyness justice when it comes to the mechanics of not-S8. Else we're going to be right back where we started.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Yes, knowing the kind of post that you make, please, by all means keep saying that stuff! I can feel this game proving you wrong by the minute! :D
  • Options
    papasezpapasez Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'd like to take a second as well to say a big hearty "Thank-You" to Cryptic for their continued efforts to improve the game.

When the countdown timer first appeared my initial thought was that maybe just maybe we were getting the Romulans as a playable faction. My second thought was that there was no way a developer was going to put that much effort time and resources to do something like that on a game of this 'vintage'. Guess I should have stuck with that first instinct!

Thanks again, Cryptic and PWE for continuing to support my favourite MMO so completely so long into its release.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    And I remember similar sentiments for Season 7 which did little to move this game forward, nothing whatsoever to address long-standing issues and brought with it a plethora of new bugs, most of which have gone unfixed.

My hope, my real hope is that you're being given the time and the resources to do the job that needs to be done - and not something like Defera, Nukara and Nomulus.

Best of luck to you all Taco :)

Speak for yourself. I enjoyed all the stuff we got with Season 7 (including the Taw Dewa sector and New Romulus. Nothing wrong with what they did for S7 (IMO).
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    morkargh117morkargh117 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I want to thank Cryptic as well, the new UI looks amazing. It looks like this update will breath fresh life into the game which it desperately needs.
  • Options
    ricorosebudricorosebud Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Want to add a great big thank you and encouragement to kick strong to the finish. I swear to you, not every STO player is a whiny, negative and ungrateful person. I love all the things this game does right and the fact that I get to roam around the Trek universe with a custom crew and ship. Keep up the good work and thanks for helping me live out my Trek fantasy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yes, thank you very much for what looks like an awesome expansion.
  • Options
    weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Speak for yourself. I enjoyed all the stuff we got with Season 7 (including the Taw Dewa sector and New Romulus. Nothing wrong with what they did for S7 (IMO).

And I'm glad of that - I really am - because without satisfied players like you putting money into this game I wouldn't have a F2P Star Trek MMO to play.

But just because you're satisfied with mediocrity doesn't mean I have to be - and just because I'd like this game to fulfill its potential doesn't mean that I want it to be any less fun for you.

I've been a harsh critic of STO but a fair one and whilst Cryptic as a company has major failings, I don't attribute them to the artists, programmers and designers - I'm sure they do the best job they can within the mandate they're given and they deserve all the praise and thanks they get.
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • Options
    hawks3052hawks3052 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have 3 character slots to spare for Romulan chars, but I will judge the expanions by what the KDF gets.
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited March 2013

This and your signature are totally ironic since you are here in these forums, like the rest of the rest of the insane drones. Just because you are a noisy drone doesn't make you any less of one.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    papasez wrote: »
    there was no way a developer was going to put that much effort time and resources to do something like that on a game of this 'vintage'.
    SOE created the Dragonkin playable race for EQ when it was far more Vintage than STO is. Complete with new starting zone, new levelling path, full story line and an expansion to support it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    valoreah wrote: »
    What was added in S7 was a good start.
    The long standing problem with this game's development is that it is filled with good starts, and severely lacks follow through.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]