test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulans!!!

darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
Well done, Cryptic. Not only have you added a VERY cool race but you've also seemingly completed the Klingon faction. In my books this MUST be applauded.

HUZZAH!!!
Post edited by darramouss1 on

Comments

• borgresearcherborgresearcher Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    omega torpedo still glitched, aceton assimilator still a 40 second console that can be on the field twice, tacticals still are op, pressure dmg still dead, engineers still have useless skills, cruisers still up, engineer captain skills sucks compared to tactical's leaving you with auxtosif3, science shield tripping still sucks, photonic shockwave have useless dmg, as well as a very easy counterable disable capability, and tacticals still can boost feedbackpulse
  • carrisracarrisra Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm not as stoked for romulans as I know a lot of peeps are but it would defo seem that congrats are in order for the final completion of the kdf faction Cryptic deserves a big well done, but the tholian rep is what im most lookin forward to, maybe a tholian boff that would make me very happy, time to dust off the recluse carrier :)
  • aphantasmaphantasm Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I was looking at the page that detailed that we were indeed getting a Romulan faction. I noticed they say play any faction at level 1 be it Starfleet, KDF or Romulan. I really hope they will be including more content for KDF then cause right now KDF starts at level 20 because there hasn't been enough content for all 50 levels. I really hope they have enough content for all 50 levels of Romulan or this might be a disappointment.
  • kublaikahnkublaikahn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well done, Cryptic. Not only have you added a VERY cool race but you've also seemingly completed the Klingon faction. In my books this MUST be applauded.

HUZZAH!!!

ZOMG Nice, since i started playing that was all i wanted. Here cryptic you can take all my money now :)
    edited March 2013
    Oh one other thing. They are listing this as an expansion. Does anyone know if this is a paid expansion or a free expansion?
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I really can't see them not adding more content.

You know what the hardest thing will be? Starting fleets for the Romulans and having to build up to get cool fleet gear.

Gentleman. Prepare your grinding!!

Out of curiosity, Cryptic, there are quite a few things that are cross-factional, like ships. I understand that opening a lockbox ship on a Rumulan wouldn't pose any problems but would existing DOFF packs contain Romulan DOFFs?
    aphantasm wrote: »
    Oh one other thing. They are listing this as an expansion. Does anyone know if this is a paid expansion or a free expansion?

If it is a paid expansion I would sincerely hope that life time subscribers would get it free!!

Any word on this, devs?
  • nievesnieves Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have dreamed of this day since Beta... I- This is just freakin' awesome!!! Thanks, Cryptic!
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    [..]
    If it is a paid expansion I would sincerely hope that life time subscribers would get it free!!

Any word on this, devs?

Branflakes said it is free already. Of course you know most goodies will be shop "optional"... :rolleyes:
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • nervaxnervax Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So Excited, Romulan ships are my favorite in the ST universe. I had hoped it would be made a faction but with the state of the klingon faction i never thought we'd get a level 1 start with the Romulans. I wonder what races will be in the empire. We have Romulans and Remans but what other cannon races are considered part of the star empire?
  • lorenzomaltalorenzomalta Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Lets hope gold members get something nice for free like a token for one of the new Romulan's ships.
  • djezc#0623 djezc Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i hope the have the romulan uniform from the stng era all i see in the romulan screen shots are some sort of winter jacket
  • nervaxnervax Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i hope the have the romulan uniform from the stng era all i see in the romulan screen shots are some sort of winter jacket

I always thought they looked kinda costumey, those huge shoulder pads didn't feel like a functional uniform to me.
    edited March 2013
    aspartan1 wrote: »
    Branflakes said it is free already. Of course you know most goodies will be shop "optional"... :rolleyes:

That's good. I must have missed that announcement though.
    nervax wrote: »
    So Excited, Romulan ships are my favorite in the ST universe. I had hoped it would be made a faction but with the state of the klingon faction i never thought we'd get a level 1 start with the Romulans. I wonder what races will be in the empire. We have Romulans and Remans but what other cannon races are considered part of the star empire?

I kind of wonder if the Remans will be part of the Romulan faction. There was that whole FE series with the Remans that dealt with their wanting independence from the Romulans.
  • plox21plox21 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    omega torpedo still glitched, aceton assimilator still a 40 second console that can be on the field twice, tacticals still are op, pressure dmg still dead, engineers still have useless skills, cruisers still up, engineer captain skills sucks compared to tactical's leaving you with auxtosif3, science shield tripping still sucks, photonic shockwave have useless dmg, as well as a very easy counterable disable capability, and tacticals still can boost feedbackpulse

Go back under the bridge where you came from infidel.... damn i hate when people cant be happy of new content but instead whine and complain again... GTFO!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • neos472neos472 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i can't wait for that TOS BOP to be mine >=) im really excited that the ship that started it all is coming with the romulans.
    manipulator of time and long time space traveler
  • gorkkongorkkon Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    dark4blood wrote: »
    I think the 3rd race for Romulans is going to be the Hirogen, this will be cool and I am looking forward to making that my Tactical version of my Romulan faction.

How about Cardassians?
  • gornman47gornman47 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I need a D'deridex so bad! can't wait to see a 25th century update on this beauty!
    Q: [quoting Hartley] "Nothing reveals Humanity so well as the games it plays..."
  • zanibarzanibar Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is indeed good news! I'm hoping they can make some meaningful combat between the factions also.
  • trycksh0ttrycksh0t Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    gornman47 wrote: »
    I need a D'deridex so bad! can't wait to see a 25th century update on this beauty!

Completely agree, the D'deridex is, IMO, one of the best looking ships in Star Trek. I wouldn't mind taking a Mogai Warbird out for a spin either, the only reason I watch Nemesis anymore is to see them in action.
  • tiberiansamtiberiansam Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just saw the news! Great job Cryptic!!!!!:D Can't wait to start a Romulan character and get my hands on one of these sweet Romulan Warbirds! :)
    edited March 2013
    gorkkon wrote: »
    How about Cardassians?

I remember reading that if they did Romulans (this was several months ago) and they went over well that they might release a future expansion with the Cardassians, or the Dominion, or even the Borg.
  • vagiusvagius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm seriously disappointed in the community.

Is nobody going mention how this is the last nail for small fleets?
    More rep sinks, a whole faction full of new fleets to divert resources to, the loss of players from Fed and KDF to Romulan, yadda yadda...

At least with season 7, they made the new content boring, and the new gear useless in pvp so that the few who stuck around went back to contributing to the fleet after completing the rep. I mean, what else were they going to do?

With this update appearing to add actual content, I fear it spells the end.
  • vagiusvagius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Well, I guess there are always those who look for the cloud in every sliver lining.

Actually I was alluding to this, as you can tell from the title of my post. It was meant to be a bit tongue-in-cheek. ;)

If another resource sink is what is required for (what looks to be) fun content, then I'll dump more resources into the sink. My Fed fleet will suffer for sure, but unless the new content is more bunny chasing, I'll be too busy with that to care :)
  • origipimporigipimp Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    vagius wrote: »
    With this update appearing to add actual content, I fear it spells the end.

I'm excited for the new content and exciting options I can take with the Romulan faction...But I have to agree in that I fear this is going to weaken KDF even more. Content is scarce for the Klingon faction and now with resources diverted to the Romulan content, it just seems like we are never gonna get a new ship pack, costumes or any other kind of "enhancements" for the KDF for a long time. Not to mention the grinding it's gonna take for the smaller fleets to finish anything with the resources split three ways.

While I am excited (believe me!), I'm also dreading the grinding that might be required.
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    vagius wrote: »
    If another resource sink is what is required for (what looks to be) fun content, then I'll dump more resources into the sink. My Fed fleet will suffer for sure, but unless the new content is more bunny chasing, I'll be too busy with that to care :)

I know that I'm going to have to put resources in but I don't see it as a "sink". I see it as if I want to gain the most enjoyment out of the upcoming new content then I'll have to earn my rewards.

Let the earning begin!!!

origipimp wrote: »
    I'm excited for the new content and exciting options I can take with the Romulan faction...But I have to agree in that I fear this is going to weaken KDF even more. Content is scarce for the Klingon faction and now with resources diverted to the Romulan content, it just seems like we are never gonna get a new ship pack, costumes or any other kind of "enhancements" for the KDF for a long time. Not to mention the grinding it's gonna take for the smaller fleets to finish anything with the resources split three ways.

While I am excited (believe me!), I'm also dreading the grinding that might be required.

Personally I think it's too early to make assumptions. One could just as easily assume that there will be more content, ships and other goodies for the Klingons to fully flesh them out. I think the best thing to do is wait until more info is released. Get the facts from the correct source instead of making up and spreading rumours.
  • karl2025karl2025 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm glad we'll be able to play as Romulans, but... "Romulan Republic"? Really? Not the Romulan Star Empire? Why can't we play as the actual faction that already exists? Backstabbing and manipulating and all that? Why are players always forced to be "Good guys"?
  • origipimporigipimp Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Get the facts from the correct source instead of making up and spreading rumours.

I'm not making up any rumors; I was just stating some fears I had for the game. But I think your right and should just wait for more information to come out.
    karl2025 wrote: »
    I'm glad we'll be able to play as Romulans, but... "Romulan Republic"? Really? Not the Romulan Star Empire? Why can't we play as the actual faction that already exists? Backstabbing and manipulating and all that? Why are players always forced to be "Good guys"?

Isn't the Romulan Star Empire gone since the destruction of Romulas? New name for a new Planet kinda thing? You can still be backstabbing and as mischievous as you want.
  • admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,561 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The Trinity is complete. Now let's they did a good job with it.
  • sgtstarfallsgtstarfall Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Isn't the Romulan Star Empire gone since the destruction of Romulas? New name for a new Planet kinda thing? You can still be backstabbing and as mischievous as you want.

My hope is that you can choose how you want to play as a Romulan. I can definitely see people wanting to play a badass backstabbing, cunning, and ruthless romulan, but at the same time there are those people that may want to play as a noble and honest romulan (as ironic and non-canon as that sounds).

The Romulans broke into two factions. A bunch of goody-little-two-shoes broke off and started their own state that is looking for peaceful cohabitation with the Federation and many want eventual union with Vulcan. They "desire to live peacefully, leaving behind the secrecy and deception forced upon them by the Star Empire."

In other words, they're not really Romulans any more...