test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVP Tournament without the BS

naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
edited April 2013 in PvP Gameplay
Please can the participants read this

For your information, Regulus & Sargon will be here to help in any way or take over if life throws those unexpected curve balls at me! - Thanks as always guys, much appreciated.

This is nothing to do with Pandas - I repeat nothing to do with Pandas ;)

Based on what i've seen on the PVP forum so far, Mini's survey, Novalus' suggestions, CSI 's & TFS's lead, and also trying not to fall into the same pitfalls sadly the mentioned fleets / people fell into, I want to host a Space PVP tournament for all in and out of the PVP community.

I am going to keep the rules simple.

01. Have fun - Most important
02. No siphon drones and danubes (Not fun and skillfull)
03. No more than 3 of the same captains or ship types
04. No Boarding Parties (Broken)
05. No Dkora EMP burst (Broken)
06. No scramble sensors with the DOFFs (Without DOFFs no issue)
07. No Grav Pulse (AOE 50 second hold not fun)
08. Once you are in 1 team an have played, you cannot move to another
09. Temporal Inversion not allowed
10. Tachyon Mines

Reward: Knowing you are the victor and vast amounts of fun.

All I'm gonna ask for is put your team down
Rules may and will change based on the latest TRIBBLE up by STO :0
There is not going to be a debate of any description
All I will say is I will be extremely fair

Please Put down your name / Fleet / Team in this thread and nothing else.

If you dont like the rules, please don't derail the thread and you dont need to participate if you dont like the rules.

Thanks in advance and remember, we are here to have fun. Forget the bad blood of the past and aim for the fun PVP bit which we are all looking for.

Time & location finalised:

The tournament will be held on 6th April 2013 - Time 9pm GMT

The Teamspeak Server will be the Boot camp server (Thanks goes out to Pheo - Again)
Address: pvpbootcamp.com:1406
No Password

Use this link to calculate your local time (Thanks to Sargon)

A big thank you goes to CSI fleet for combining their previous efforts into this tournament. Thank you.

Please note:
Pandas will be putting a team into the tournament, however, the names you guys recognise as "Old School" Pandas will be there to make up team member counts for other people and fleets who are struggling to get a full team together on the day.

Teams so far:

01. Team Hussar Guardian Forces - Captain: @kolln
02. Team DarkFrontiers - Captain: @drkfrontiers
03. Team Havam - Captain: @havam
04. Team Sargon
05. Team New Breed Sad Pandas ;)
06. Team Apocalypse 1
07. Team Galactic Privateer Syndiacate - Captain: @kbls
08. Team Inner Circle 1 - Captain: @ilhansk
09. Team 1st Column
10. Team davidfloresii (Dependant on timing)
11. Team FES
12. Team Ad Infinitum
13. Team RE
14. Team Omega-Flotte
15. Team Regulus - Captain: @aquitaine985
16. Team -X- - Captain: @nixtux
17. Team HBO - Captain: @nebulgamnezar
18. Team Inner Circle 2 - Captain: @ilhansk
19. Team CSI - Captain: @Joker1374
20. Team Explorers Fury - Captain: @stardestroyer001

If you want to participate, but don't have a team, don't worry. This thread helps you find a team. (Thanks to DarkFrontiers)

Please note: Once the goal of 20 confirmed teams is reached, team registration will end
Post edited by naz4 on

Comments

• kevaldtkevaldt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If it was "just for fun" why does it need any restrictions?
    [SIGPIC]InGame - @Darth_Tauri[/SIGPIC]
    Joined - 9/2011
    "You Best Make Peace With Your Dear & Fluffy Lord" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Soooo 3 Eng/Oddy 2 Sci/Recluse Extend circlejerk? Yay! :D

Fully rainbow turret-ed out, of course.
  • praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    kevaldt wrote: »

Because use of the restricted abilities makes it not fun for the opposing team.
    edited March 2013
    If i am in it for fun, i dont care what you use... if theres really no goal then i dont have a vested interest in restricted anything.
    Joined - 9/2011
  • younghustleryounghustler Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If this is for fun, there wouldn't be any rules. People just want to win, and not PvP for fun. I.E., these rules. Boarding party is not broken, for your information.
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If i am in it for fun, i dont care what you use... if theres really no goal then i dont have a vested interest in restricted anything.

You would say that when you got hit with a 30s gravity pulse... and clear it... and get hit with a 40s Gravity Pulse... and have a team mate clear it... and get hit with another 30s Gravity pulse ?

I think not.

Restricting the anti fun is logical.

Are you really saying you would like to use anything on Nazs list ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • minmacdougalminmacdougal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Why even bother with any restrictions whatsoever? If everyone wants to ride carriers, let them ride carriers; they want oddys, they'll use oddys; etc. Seriously, you're just in it for winning period and while my brain tries to rack-up a decent response, I'll let the late George Carlin say it for me.
    edited March 2013
    2. No siphons drones and danubes (Not fun and skillfull)

Never faced them, dont know how bad it can be, but im having fun with my friends so have no opinion.

3. No more than 3 of the same captains or ships

I enjoy my fleet defiant, my bug ship, my dreadnaught carrier and several other ships so this doesnt phase me that much. Any of my ships will perform well.

4. No Boarding Parties (Broken)

Dont think this is actually broken and can be easily removed with tac teams.

5. No Dkora EMP burst (Broken)

Ive never seen this do anything other than look pretty... meh

6. No scramble sensors with the DOFFs (Without DOFFs no issue)

no opinion

7. No Grav Pulse (AOE 50 second hold not fun)

grav pulse, referring to gravity well? I can counter this, in about 3 different ways.

Grav pulse is similarly countered, in multiple ways.

8. Once you are in 1 team, you cannot move to another

This i understand.

Also, if your trying to remove annoyances, or OP stuff... I see nothing about no plasma builds, or romulan builds, or clusters, transphasics or any of the other OP annoying TRIBBLE that can pop up.
    Joined - 9/2011
  • shookyangshookyang Member Posts: 1,122
    edited March 2013
    B'rel + Subterfuge is okay?

That doesn't sound like fun....
  • aiden227aiden227 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Where does cryptic say these things are broken ? Cryptic are these thing broken? If the seggie doff is so op why are there 100's of them on the exchange for 400k lol. Danubes broken i almost fell out of my chair when i saw that one. Cluster torps allowed lol inversion field the most broken abilty in the game allowed . This tournament will be a joke.
    edited March 2013
    So, I can show up in my dreadnaught with 2 elite scorpion hangars and a plasma build... i dont even need the powers listed, you wanna get shredded to pieces count me in.

Ill share my build secrets with all my teammates, doesnt need to be on a dreadnaught either... caitian, armitage, bug... the list goes on.
    Joined - 9/2011
  • naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Guys, come on - I want this tournament to be fun - Please just comment on whether you are going to participate or not - at this point in time, within the current climate, even if four teams participate, better than nothing....
    edited March 2013
    Ill feel free to comment whenever i damn well please... freedom of speech and all.
    Joined - 9/2011
    edited March 2013
    I did comment the rules suck. You mad bro?
  • hydrodurahydrodura Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Tournament without the BS
    1. Have fun - Most important
    2. No siphons drones and danubes (Not fun and skillfull)
    3. No more than 3 of the same captains or ships
    4. No Boarding Parties (Broken)
    5. No Dkora EMP burst (Broken)
    6. No scramble sensors with the DOFFs (Without DOFFs no issue)
    7. No Grav Pulse (AOE 50 second hold not fun)
    8. Once you are in 1 team, you cannot move to another
    8. Did i mention "Have fun"?

it always Bs no boarding party not broken
    emp burst not broken
    no scramble sensor with doff cause it add 10 sec to your power really." the issue is, if it works, it ruins the fun" from 1911

I " things that hurts healer ships are out wow it always be bs.\

another fail pvp tournament. what happen to the real pvp players?
  • fireshot00fireshot00 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2013

good point

???question??? is five ships carrying extends still being allowed???

cross healing is one thing but 2 bug ships a wells an orb and a recluse with a total of 8 extends seems exploiting when a bug ship needs extends 1 more then reverse shields 1
    edited March 2013
    Come on guys..... if you dont want to be in, no need to just go negative.....
    edited March 2013
    There's a difference between broken and annoying, but I'm not going to complain about someone throwing a boarding party on me, and I pop for it, because, you know, I PvP for fun.
    edited March 2013
    Sucks when a thread gets derailed doesn't it.
  • synnbadsynnbad Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    pvp for fun ? donno about that but from what i have seen as of late between the pvp fleets ( no names yall know who you are ) is nothing but power trips from all major pvp fleets.

rules ? are you for real ? that not fun that's a way to benefit your team an auto win . least that is what i get out of having rules specially when NO ONE can agree on any rules set forth . any thing and every thing in the game can be used cause imo it is all broken lol and can be used to some advantage

i do find it very funny tho that those fleets who power trip are the ones who have to have a tourny set up . how can it be fun when all you care about is winning ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    Originally Posted by hurleybird
    Unfortunately, I don't think that's good advice anymore. For feds, any fleet outside of Sad Pandas, Inner Circle, TSI, or Turkish RP Heroes isn't likely to teach good habits. Orion Slave Girls' PvP section is arguably the only decent Klingon team. Go outside of those fleets, and it's the blind leading the blind. However, on the fed side at least, none of the those fleets are likely to recruit newbies (Pandas is a possible exception, as we tend to recruit more on maximum potential than current ability). It's a tough spot to be in.

dont forget this if your not part of the elite fleet you cant join the pvp tournament
    edited March 2013

Priceless :D
  • jalaxajalaxa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Wow, cry much? All these things are only "Not Fun" if they mess with your build or strategy right? You should give classes of rigging pvp so you can win. This whole thing is weak, if you want to pvp quit complaining about the abilities in the game you're to lazy to learn how to beat and try harder. Why don't we just ban cloaks, extend shields, and all heals and we can just dps till one side dies. Really man...these rules are for sissies!
    edited March 2013
    You know something guys? We all got beef with each other in way or another. Why keep escalating it on and on?

For those of you who want to participate, send me an in game mail as it will be too hard for me to collect team names.

Hopefully, we will have some form of tournament.....
    edited March 2013
    Instead of just changing it to be an actually "fun" tournament, you're just giving up?
    WELP.
    edited March 2013
    quitters never prosper...
    Joined - 9/2011
  • fireshot00fireshot00 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    all these pvp fleet just want some TRIBBLE form of glory for being better then other people,

ITS A GAME ITS A GAME

grow up get a life
  • dylantrinidydylantrinidy Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    enough already no rules
    edited March 2013
    Why you going to quit you don't like trolls. You all need to realize devs and moderators that your little 5 man fleets are nothing in this game. There are fleets that kick more people a day then you have ever had in your fleets.
  • lazerragelazerrage Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Threads have always been derailed in PvP forums. The reason? Devs think there are only a handful of people who pvp. Devs only seem to listen to a select few who can spam these forums as much as they like, and it is only 8-10 of those names u see ruling all the forum posts. Anyone else posting a valid question or making a valid statement gets chat banned.Devs must start taking notice that there are other fleets with 250 + members who want to voice their opinions also and stop showing favoritism to the same old names whose personal opinions and views are getting disgustingly boring now !

Laser.