test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emergency Maintenance (March 18, 2013)

Comments

• neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Guys if any of you wunt a Oddy or full set of it, and have a Tribble Account! Come to ESD at Shipyard for Free Oddies! im no joking! here the pic!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=572376459453904&set=a.531147303576820.125592.479562995401918&type=1&theater

Dude we know about that it's not new, also who cares Tribble is the "test server" not like you can keep that stuff on your main characters on Holodeck
    GwaoHAD.png
  • boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is due to their extensive QA......

The Cryptic QA team is comprised of Bigfoot, the loch ness monster, chupacabra, and the tooth fairy.

and I kid because I love. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • papertoastypapertoasty Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    wonder if the maintenance has something to do with respec tokens not taking a repec?
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've watched too many Red Dwarf clips. I think it's about time I dug out the DVDs and re-watched Season 1 for the millionth time :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited March 2013
    I think the best judge of the success of any Star Trek show is it's 'binge value' - can you rewatch multiple episodes in a row?

TOS - yup, 3-4 episodes at a time.
    DS9 - yup again, 5-6 episodes at a time.
    Voyager - heck no, not even 45 minutes of the pilot.
    Enterprise - yup 3-4 episodes at a time.
  • mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Did the Devs forget to feed the Server Tribbles again? Those little guys don't run on rainbows and hopes, yaknow.
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Game was not playable last nite and wasn't playable today. 10 disconnects within 5 minutes as an example just isn't playable. I certainly hope this fixes the issue.
    U.S. ARMY CAVALRY SCOUT/DRAGOON DISABLED VETERAN
  • methos71methos71 Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    Except for Neelix. That guy sucked.

But 7? dat rack!

Yes THIS about 7!:D I'll never forget the first time a dear pal and I saw Jeri Ryan at a con, way back when. Woman was basically wearing a solid black cloth catsuit. Yum!!!:D

And better still, Chase Masterson (who was simply and ever shall be simply awesome with we fan folk!) was at that con as well. My pal and I named it 'whacktacon' and thus it shall ever be named and remembered.:)
    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
    Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
    methos71
    screenshot_2012-03-27-13-37-23.jpg

• jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hey PWE:

YOU DONKEY!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think the best judge of the success of any Star Trek show is it's 'binge value' - can you rewatch multiple episodes in a row?

TOS - yup, 3-4 episodes at a time.
    DS9 - yup again, 5-6 episodes at a time.
    Voyager - heck no, not even 45 minutes of the pilot.
    Enterprise - yup 3-4 episodes at a time.

How dare you not mention TNG.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • captainfan84captainfan84 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    approximately 45 minutes to an hour before said emergancy maintanence a map was taking forever to load. I closed out thinking if I logged back in, it would fix it. When I clicked the Launcher button on my pc, it told me that I had renamed, moved, or deleted STO. I know I did NOTHING on my pc, so I had to deleted STO from my pc, go to website and redownload the damn thing. I got back on and like 10 minutes later, it shuts down for the maintanence(very pissed off about that last part). Could my problem have been potentially related to these issues in some way?
  • eviaxeviax Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    addsin15 wrote: »
    I didn't mind Neelix so much. I hated Kes. She was hot and whatnot but her character just sucked. Once she was gone Neelix became a more interesting character and I think the show got better.

Kes was humpbacked
    edited March 2013
    How dare you not mention TNG.

Dear god - I am so sorry ;(

TNG - heck yes, 5-6 episodes at a time!
  • kodaikodai Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I wonder if the clock for theCXP bonus has temporarily stopped. Likely not. I've got MAYBE 10 minutes left on the clock to turn in my missions. typical...
  • brolchainbrolchain Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    They should have pulled a Scotty manuever and said the maintenance would take 4 hours. Then when it was finished after 2 hours, everyone would be impressed.
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Dear god - I am so sorry ;(

TNG - heck yes, 5-6 episodes at a time!

There we go, much better :D
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • bubbleheadedbubbleheaded Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just wanted to rupture my message board hyman ... can we say rupture? Sounds too religious for the innerweb.
  • hedonastickhedonastick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Blaow.....
    edited March 2013
    Twitter post indicates the following:

"....after the 1,000,000th Jem Hadar Attack Ship was opened, the game reverted to Dominion Online..."
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yay... page 42! This is where folk start posting "meaning of life" stuffz! :D
  • boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just wanted to rupture my message board hyman ... can we say rupture? Sounds too religious for the innerweb.

rupture = ok
    hyman = probably not ok

but whats the worst that can happen? you can never be re-virginized, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It funny some of you gamers think its just a 5 min fix to address an issue sometimes. Why don't you FREE 2 PLAY'ers actually support the game so we can get better servers and stop hogging all the bandwidth from us PAY 2 PLAYers. When you pay, then you can complain, until then SHUT THE HELL UP!!!! But even then, some of you still should shut the hell up cause you are talking out your rear ends anyway cause you have no Idea what it takes to maintain server integrity. If you think you can do better, apply for the job and put your money where your mouth is. ~ Shadow Defense Force 1st Officer, Stormy Weathers@TGS1

P.S. Remember, ITS A FRICKEN GAME!!!!!!:eek:

Are you the Stormbringer from Galaxy Online 2?

If you are, I seem to remember you bringing a similar level of cool intellectual discourse to that game too
  • lordlurklordlurk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Cant complain about the downtime really, I've been playing for about a month and a half now and this is the first time I've seen it taken down suddenly for fixing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Pope Vader for life.
  • dafuqjesusdafuqjesus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Star Trek vs. Star Wars. This fan made trailer is awesome! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEE4Pib8QcQ
  • dri55tdri55t Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    squigish wrote: »
    Next time there's emergency maintenance, could we get a little bit more than 15 minutes notice? I was in an STF when the 15 minute warning went out, and the server restarted before I finished.

why would it take you so long? The only STF that should last more than 15minutes is Hive Elite? (unless maybe it was a ground mission? I don't play those, so I don't know how they last)
  • arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I just started 3 days ago and this server is having issues. Why is it that every online game I sign up for gets broke right after I start playing. Am I jinxed? I am seriously getting a little paranoid now.

So it's your fault I knew it! :P
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png
  • theharsesistheharsesis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    how much longer must we wait....
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yay... page 42! This is where folk start posting "meaning of life" stuffz! :D

Good plan.

How about I stick the kettle on, grab the doritos and we can all sit down and watch THE ENTIRE MOVIE ON YOUTUBE :D:D:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • gullshadowgullshadow Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The game was really slow this weekend , when I was in some fleet mission's.
    U.S.S. Avenger (Battle Cruiser)
    NCC 97500

Fleet Admiral Theron VonShadow Commanding
  • trekmister007trekmister007 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    oh, how many times i could have played the jeproady theme.
    http://www.hark.com/clips/sfpbhcvhzh-jeopardy-theme
This discussion has been closed.