What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Emergency Maintenance (March 18, 2013)

Comments

• Options
    arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    We're extending maintenance by 45 minutes. New ETA is 8PM PDT.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

SHAKA, When the walls fell....again.
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png
  • Options
    linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If everyone witnessed the issues I did, while working in the Foundry, you would have know this was going to happen. I had to restart my computer, so that I could reset my RAM. It was horrible. Everything slowed to a snail's pace, and then the game completely crashed. I am patient. I will wait.
  • Options
    sindreksindrek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Enterprise was so much better than Voyager that it's not even funny.

|

oh please
  • Options
    xxtakunixxxxtakunixx Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    finally got power back on after 3 hours from bad storms and then server shuts down. so much for getting all caught up on my dil over weekend now will be behind again
  • Options
    seraphantillesseraphantilles Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    tdawg65 wrote: »
    Have they said what was or is wrong with the sever now or they keeping us in the dark?

Star Trek Online Server Outage: Into Darkness
  • Options
    dremora420dremora420 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    dstewart21 wrote: »
    Relax people, when I was on it all the queues were not working. Not PvE, not mirror, not foundry. Clearly they needed to reboot the servers and fix some things. If you can honestly say you have never had to reboot a PC because its doing some flukey **** then raise your hand. Otherwise just chill out and they will have it up soon.

Gota think man, all these 'kids' complaining are people who live on STO. I may not have a life due to a medical condition but at least I understand the problems going on. I spent 25 minutes waiting on mirror, got bored and went to do bobo. Glad i did after hearing the bad dnews abou a family member... needed the laugh. Not some ragers going this is taking forever cause im a complaining noob.

Honestly I am laughing now, their moronic additude about how computers run makes me belive the above is perhaps true... they never turn off their computer, they play through the computer crashing... and perhaps don't even take time to update their windows/linux/Mac and firewall... thus causes other problems ontop of PWE's. Oh wait did I just add in personal experience from when i had no life?

(Btw pardont he spelling errors but as a famous quote goes. D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.!~)
  • Options
    boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Enterprise was so much better than Voyager that it's not even funny.

Except for Neelix. That guy sucked.

But 7? dat rack!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    squigishsquigish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    idrona wrote: »
    One thing I've been wondering is, howcome these kind of maintenances often gets extended, (not talking about just STO)?

"Maintenance" basically means "fixing things that can only be fixed when the server isn't running"

When they take the server down, they have a bunch of people trying to fix the problems as fast as they can, but sometimes it takes longer than they thought, or they find new problems along the way, etc, hence the extension.
  • Options
    solarisrunesolarisrune Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online in 15 minutes for emergency maintenance -- we expect this maintenance to only last for 1 hour. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

UPDATE (7:08PM PDT): We're extending maintenance by 45 minutes. New ETA is 8PM PDT.

I just started 3 days ago and this server is having issues. Why is it that every online game I sign up for gets broke right after I start playing. Am I jinxed? I am seriously getting a little paranoid now.
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jake477 wrote:
    Deep within PWE Studios......... *a hissing sound*

Branflakes:

Coffee is ready!!!!!

Guys drop what you're doing, coffee in the game room!!!!!!

I can't eat all these cupcakes all by myself, nothing i can do........

Fixed it for you. :P
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2013
    Guys if any of you wunt a Oddy or full set of it, and have a Tribble Account! Come to ESD at Shipyard for Free Oddies! im no joking! here the pic!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=572376459453904&set=a.531147303576820.125592.479562995401918&type=1&theater
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    xxtakunixxxxtakunixx Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    aren't we always kept in the dark. Founding member of the mushroom brigade here
  • Options
    treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    We're extending maintenance by 45 minutes. New ETA is 8PM PDT.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

In other words ... "It's working as expected."
  • Options
    larrius2larrius2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Come on now give them a break they are only human the servers will be back up when they come back up.
  • Options
    gyhoulgyhoul Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I wonder if this will fix the many issues I have had with "Infected". Not angry, glad that the server is getting some work done. Good luck!
  • Options
    dariussoongdariussoong Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The REAL reason STO is offline...

Branflakes came back with a virus...
    "Picard would never have hit me..." - Q

"I'm not Picard" - Sisko
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    stevewolostevewolo Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Go Cryptic, Go :P
    - Laureline
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    linyive wrote: »
    If everyone witnessed the issues I did, while working in the Foundry, you would have know this was going to happen. I had to restart my computer, so that I could reset my RAM. It was horrible. Everything slowed to a snail's pace, and then the game completely crashed. I am patient. I will wait.

Totally with you here. Nothing worse than adding more wait time and lag, to an already slow part of STO.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I just started 3 days ago and this server is having issues. Why is it that every online game I sign up for gets broke right after I start playing. Am I jinxed? I am seriously getting a little paranoid now.

Its not you.

Its Bob Sheeple. That jerk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    idrona wrote: »
    Fixed it for you. :P

That sucks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • Options
    somriksomrik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The REAL reason STO is offline...

Branflakes came back with a virus...

Heh my guess is someone was walking in the server room and tripped taking out an entire rack of servers. XD
  • Options
    lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited March 2013

STO was working great until a couple days ago when the server started lagging/disconnecting on us. I hope that gets cleared up when the servers come back up.
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • Options
    svwilsonsvwilson Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    monodoso wrote: »
    Fix it the first time and leave it be.

You've never written a computer program, have you?
    Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. DEVIL ANSE

Cool ship name. Do you have a "U.S.S. OLE RAN'L" too?
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited March 2013

This isn't normal. It's very rare when they do an 'emergency' shut down, happening 1-2 times per year for a few hours.

Most updates occur during the slower periods, early morning on the west coast of the US.

This is due to their extensive QA process that exceeds industry standards for Star Trek Online games.
  • Options
    dafuqjesusdafuqjesus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    How do I change my avatar to a picture that I want to use >.>
  • Options
    nazelnagnazelnag Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm hoping this will fix the dilithium issue

what dilithium issue ? there's no dilithium, so there's no problem :D
  • Options
    ensignricky1969ensignricky1969 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Here is one more video to help you pass the time. This is one is pretty cool!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrSaTHsHNsc
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    bran you should have left that holiday booze at home intead of spilling it on the server :P
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    addsin15addsin15 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    squigish wrote: »
    "Maintenance" basically means "fixing things that can only be fixed when the server isn't running"

When they take the server down, they have a bunch of people trying to fix the problems as fast as they can, but sometimes it takes longer than they thought, or they find new problems along the way, etc, hence the extension.

I didn't mind Neelix so much. I hated Kes. She was hot and whatnot but her character just sucked. Once she was gone Neelix became a more interesting character and I think the show got better.
This discussion has been closed.