What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Emergency Maintenance (March 18, 2013)

Comments

• Options
    resistance9resistance9 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    its 50 guys in a basement running this, for what they have they do amazingly well, it is kind of a surprise that cbs doesn't hire more peps to work with them but hey it is what it is, just kill time until the oblivion mmo comes out or someone does a real star trek mmo
  • Options
    hedonastickhedonastick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ten More Minutes Guys Everything's Going To Be Ok
  • Options
    addsin15addsin15 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hey I wanna play STO. My beer is getting warm!
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited March 2013
    We're extending maintenance by 45 minutes. New ETA is 8PM PDT.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    commanderkhancommanderkhan Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I saw a message that said "the Shard" will be down in 15 minutes. As i had no idea wtf the shard was, i just kept playing. Apparently the shard is the server. Cant you just say the server so we all know what your talking about please? But i am glad to see at least STO does do maintenance on the server. I have played other games that went months without fixing something that did not work across all servers.
  • Options
    dariussoongdariussoong Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Khhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Picard would never have hit me..." - Q

"I'm not Picard" - Sisko
  • Options
    rowsdowererererrowsdowerererer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Now where have I heard this before...:confused:
    edited March 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

A completely expected and unsurprising outrage :P

Gl getting the servers back up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    bauer6bauer6 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I saw a message that said "the Shard" will be down in 15 minutes. As i had no idea wtf the shard was, i just kept playing. Apparently the shard is the server. Cant you just say the server so we all know what your talking about please? But i am glad to see at least STO does do maintenance on the server. I have played other games that went months without fixing something that did not work across all servers.

let the moaning commence
  • Options
    trekmister007trekmister007 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

!@#$%^&*()*&^%$#@!@#$$#@!@#$%^^%%$^$#@!TRIBBLE#
  • Options
    lagunadlagunad Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    War, disease, famine, run rampant over the planet we are destroying with our greed. thousand of people starve to death each day while world hunger and poverty grows at a alarming rate. Star Trek Online is Offline....this **** just got real.

Forgive me for introducing actual facts into the discussion, but...

World hunger and poverty have been steadily decreasing for centuries, and a larger percentage of the world's population have access to clean drinking water today than at any previous time in history. Global life-expectancy is at an all-time high, and infant mortality and hunger are at an all-time low.

The server is, however, still down.
  • Options
    hedonastickhedonastick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just 45 Minutes Guys Everything Is Going To Be Ok!!!
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2013
    If you people didnt know Tribble Server is being on the whole time! and hehehehe!

Pss dont tell Brand or PWE tee heee Free Oddies! :D
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Man, what did you guys do to the poor wee server hamsters?

You gotta feed those guys some time, ya know?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ngonorrheangonorrhea Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    False. It's just illiteracy. :(

Seriously.... just shut up...

you're making the rest of us Americans look worse than we are...
  • Options
    tinman071tinman071 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have two Dilithium for Zen purchases frozen in the exchange. I've tried cancelling them, but I'm getting an "Internal Error" message. Will this be fixed by the emergency maintenance?:confused:
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I'm extending Star Trek Bridge Commander playing time to "Rest of the Night" :P

Not to send the wrong impression, though. I look forward to less server issues, including Foundry problems. Keep up the hard work.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    crazyfarmerscrazyfarmers Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    sinwagon wrote: »
    Originally Posted by gantoris007 View Post
    Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Beleive it or not... thats how they fix airplanes.

True Story.
  • Options
    dstewart21dstewart21 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Relax people, when I was on it all the queues were not working. Not PvE, not mirror, not foundry. Clearly they needed to reboot the servers and fix some things. If you can honestly say you have never had to reboot a PC because its doing some flukey **** then raise your hand. Otherwise just chill out and they will have it up soon.
  • Options
    rowsdowererererrowsdowerererer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ...I have played other games that went months without fixing something that did not work across all servers.

Don't worry. You will do so again.
    edited March 2013
    I was gonna say "my 99 year old grandfather's "UP" more then this server"... but I wont! :P
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As my post is mostly directed at the Free 2 Players who don't contribute and complain. I will do no such thing as to take a chill pill, for it is them who do the most complaining. Just Sayin.... ~ Shadow Defense Force 1st Officer, Stormy Weathers@TGS1

guess you have not seen all the complaints by the ones that call them selves subscribers then have you go check out some other post in forums and every once in awhile check under the avatar and you will notice blue or red lettering stating that they are LTS (or depending on the vet status) gold members and most of those people are the ones that complain the most of all. I for one try to put my 2 cents in but that's about it I was once a F2P after it went live but before that I subscribed all the way to that point then last December I got my LTS now I try to help out when I find a bug in-game or just post my feedback when I feel its needed.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I got nuthin' to say...

Just wanna see my name added to this incredibly intellectual thread.

:P
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As my post is mostly directed at the Free 2 Players who don't contribute and complain. I will do no such thing as to take a chill pill, for it is them who do the most complaining. Just Sayin.... ~ Shadow Defense Force 1st Officer, Stormy Weathers@TGS1

Actually to my understanding it's the PVPers that do most of the complaining on these forums, such as "Oh certain weapon/skill has been altered I can't be bothered figuring out how to counter that so I'll just moan until Cryptic do something because I'm too lazy to change my build to fight against it"!
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    hypl wrote: »
    Emergency maintenance for...?

The recent connection issues maybe?

if you guys were on there was major lag and disconnects and clinent crashes.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    its 50 guys in a basement running this, for what they have they do amazingly well, it is kind of a surprise that cbs doesn't hire more peps to work with them but hey it is what it is, just kill time until the oblivion mmo comes out or someone does a real star trek mmo

Hardly. Check them out in Google Street View

980 University Ave Los Gatos, CA 95032

It's not the Taj Mahal, but it looks like a fairly nice office building to me.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    rocknrobot1rocknrobot1 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm just glad something is being done, and hope the connection/lag issues will be solved.

Good that all our Doffs are still working hard for our well-earned CXP while the game's offline.

Heck, i'll buy a round of Dosi Rotgut for everyone if all is in order tomorrow again. :cool:
  • Options
    renegadesteverenegadesteve Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm just wondering here...what exactly caused this emergency maintenance?
This discussion has been closed.