test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emergency Maintenance (March 18, 2013)

Comments

• sinwagonsinwagon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Have you tried turning it off and on again?

LOL, Roy and Moss are the best - love 'The IT Crowd'
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Calm down everyone, maintenance means they are actually working for us...

hey TRIBBLE happens..

Tribbles eat that TRIBBLE...

Makes new tribbles...

The CIIIIRRRRR-CUUUULLLL-A-HUULLLL.. The Circle of Liiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaahhhhfffffuh...:D

I can imagine a Catain.......running after wild targs. (Cue Nat Geo theme)

Plus when the Borg raise their Borg kids the Queen goes:

Every thing the light touches is imperfect. We are here to correct that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • megasilvermegasilver Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    People, I know things have been bad of late, but we can't completely put the fault on PWE/Cryptic. THE REPAIRS ARE IMPORTANT, THEY KNOW. THEY'RE DOING THEIR BEST! The additional pressure, they don't need! Got it memorized? I know that we gamers and geeks can throw tantrums over the darndest things, but this is NOT one of those things we can throw them over. A little criticism is ok, but this is enough. Besides, half the comments aren't even constructive.
  • gr4v1t4rgr4v1t4r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    sharyssa wrote: »
    Wow...at least they warned us...and so the emo-rage begins.

HEY!!! I happen to like that music!:mad:
    Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    askray wrote: »
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2013
    why Is It That People Have To Go To Insults On Other People On A Forums? Its Kinda Sad When People Need To Act Like Pricks On A Website Or In Game. Why Doesn't Everyone Just Realize That Things Dont Need To Be A Hurtful Post Or Harmful To Others. Cant We Just All Get Along????

I So Agree With You! ;)
    6tviTDx.png

• captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Lots of new accounts coming in an posting the same, surprisingly mature stuff..
    Strange.
    I need a beer.

• mendeleevmendeleev Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    We all hate to see the game down, but they are working on the problem... which is good. People need to chill out on giving them flak over this. Its a good game, for many its a completely free game. But you can't think that running such a large game with so many connecting is easy. So cut them some slack, I'm sure they'd appreciate less idle criticism and more support.

Thanks for making the game. Appreciate your working on problems to get them fixxed asap. : )
  • squidjoesquidjoe Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    gojored wrote: »
    Man you guys are grumpy or sour, or glass-half-empty types lol.
    Cryptics' workin hard to keep things running smooth, dont you think the last thing they would want is for things to go wrong?
    I might be reading wrong, but it almost sounds like you think that the devs'-n-such want things to fail to make our lives miserable, do you guys talk about work that way too?
    Even if you look at it like "they" are just in it for making money, still, the last thing they would want is for the game to fail.
    ok, rant is done, sorry if i offended anyone, hopefully i didn't
    and Cryptic? thanks for keepin on it! :)
    gojo.

I don't mind the down times, as long as they actually fix something. It's the timing I dislike. I was off until the mining event, doing, you know, real life. I got on line specifically for the mining.
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Then lets all go down the pub and argue there! :D

1st round is on Bran!

Sound like a plan!
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • nyx219nyx219 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    snick3 wrote: »
    Maybe we should give them a chance to fix things before we give them a carp TRIBBLE. Granted if they don't fix the Server Not Responding issue then I'll be in line with you to shove a tube up their bum.

I bolded that. Carp TRIBBLE, huh? I wouldn't want to be the recipient of that :eek:

Only 30 more minutes before everyone can stop twitching & convulsing. Hopefully the connection & loading issues are easily resolved.
  • aceman222a1aceman222a1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Right on :D
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    so someone divided by 0 again ?????

and the tribbles took the klink ship they over ran from the engine room and broke into Cryptic studios??

heheheh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    squidjoe wrote: »
    I don't mind the down times, as long as they actually fix something. It's the timing I dislike. I was off until the mining event, doing, you know, real life. I got on line specifically for the mining.

Losing your mining hour's not as bad dil' wise as losing an hour of Mirror, which is what happened to most people n the last mirror hour!
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • lewis3488lewis3488 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You need to make mirror event avail again when you bring up the server i couldnt play the whole hour its was live it wouldnt let me connect to it, its not fair it makes leveling annoying and as this event only happens 2 times a day I bealive, you need to make in playable for another hour
  • seanguy444seanguy444 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What is the reason it is down? The only thing I experienced is that my shuttle bridge was taking forever to load, then I diecided to quit to get more Zen. When I came back, the server is gone! :confused:
  • sharyssasharyssa Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    gr4v1t4r wrote: »
    HEY!!! I happen to like that music!:mad:

HAHAHA...Love MCR myself! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elnatorelnator Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lol how long does it take you to finish an stf?

Even on elite... 15 minutes+? wow.

HEHE I was thinking the same thing... I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt though and assuming he was either doing a ground STF or hive elite ;)
    ---
    - Damn the torpedos! Full speed ahead!
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    well 12 months ago these threads got well over 100 pages - even 200 before the game was back up - that's how long the down-times were 5,6,7,8,9 once 10 hrs I think
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Notice the game was fine, then Brandon comes back and now it's down for maintenance.;)

I bet he does it so he can feel needed :D

ok i'm done maaaaaybe:)
    GwaoHAD.png
  • toastieriowa2toastieriowa2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Time to eat doritos, drink pepsi, and watch a star trek episode on netflix.
    edited March 2013
    Well it was decent for the warning and i am glad to see that they are working to fix the problem. Show that they actually care about their players here. Unlike most games that have online servers the admins do jack all.
  • blairmarshallblairmarshall Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hope it takes care of the Dilithium Exchange problem. Ive been stuck for three days and cant get no Zen.:(
  • blake73blake73 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Are people really complaining because the game is down for maintenance? That's a little messed up considering all the connection problems, people being kicked from private queues, not being able to work on the foundry or refine dilithium. Give it a break complainers at least the devs are working to get the game up and running again as quickly as possible.
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    well 12 months ago these threads got well over 100 pages - even 200 before the game was back up - that's how long the down-times were 5,6,7,8,9 once 10 hrs I think

I kind of enjoyed when that happened you guys are awesome when you all get together and discuss and chat about stuff
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • xashiaxashia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Would be nice to know why the maintenance was necessary. I have few time to play and exactly at this time you do a maintenance :-/
  • starwheelerstarwheeler Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Will this be fixing the Zoning issues some of us have been experiencing?

is that include the reset of bind button! every time i change caracter al the button are mixed up and i have to reset them to the place i want them to be
    edited March 2013
    Well it was decent for the warning and i am glad to see that they are working to fix the problem. Show that they actually care about their players here. Unlike most games that have online servers the admins do jack all.

Lol or grab your dvd collection of the original series and watch that lol :cool:
  • gr4v1t4rgr4v1t4r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    seanguy444 wrote: »
    What is the reason it is down? The only thing I experienced is that my shuttle bridge was taking forever to load, then I diecided to quit to get more Zen. When I came back, the server is gone! :confused:

So if I get this right, it took forever to load your shuttle bridge, and you thought "hey the game isn't working properly, let's buy Zen"...? The metrics must love you...
    Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    askray wrote: »
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • squidjoesquidjoe Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lewis3488 wrote: »
    You need to make mirror event avail again when you bring up the server i couldnt play the whole hour its was live it wouldnt let me connect to it, its not fair it makes leveling annoying and as this event only happens 2 times a day I bealive, you need to make in playable for another hour

They won't do that any more than they'd extend the mining hour. Just won't happen.

And, by the way, this is the ONLY time I ever get on any game's forums. When it goes down during play time. And don't be fooled by the join dates by people's names, I started playing this game in season 1 when it launched. That join date is the day I was forced to move everything over to PWE.
  • astimingpyleastimingpyle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
This discussion has been closed.