test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emergency Maintenance (March 18, 2013)

Comments

• fuzzzikafuzzzika Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    A little in-game pop-up would be nice.. instead of just kicking us all out. :eek:

Dont turn of your system messages. it was posted there. Everyone saw it. but you, or so it would seem.
  • pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Server has been FOBAR since Thurs Patch. Should have been fixed Friday.

Welcome back, Brandon.
  • mariartusmariartus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    A little in-game pop-up would be nice.. instead of just kicking us all out. :eek:

There was. they gave a 15min warning in pink/purple writing, maybe if you read chat, you would see it?
  • erawra1erawra1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013

For what it's worth, there were timing messages in the Chat window. (15m, 10m, 5m, etc)
  • dctjug17dctjug17 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    they did post alerts. they started 15 minutes before and popped up every 5 minutes
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited March 2013

There was plenty of ingame warnings! Check your chat settings!
  • born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So many short memorys - a year or so ago - this happened so many times per week and for so many hours - the forums started calling the game : Star trek Off-line
  • squigishsquigish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Next time there's emergency maintenance, could we get a little bit more than 15 minutes notice? I was in an STF when the 15 minute warning went out, and the server restarted before I finished.
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My fleet managed to squeeze a Starbase Defense into the 15 minute warning window :) Had just enough time to give my new Fleet Assault Cruiser a trial.

Primetime maintenance has got to hurt. Means there's a serious problem they had to fix immediately. And an awful lot of people were getting disconnects. Hopefully this fixes it.
  • superphatshitsuperphatshit Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Dam you i was having fun !!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • apollo89xapollo89x Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Will the dilithium mining event get pushed up to 10-11?
  • thunderspankerthunderspanker Member Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The server just needs some fiber, and branflakes is just the guy to do it. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
  • gantoris007gantoris007 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Have you tried turning it off and on again? :3

Good luck with the repairs, Cryptic! Thanks for responding to the issue so quickly!

We love youuuuu!!!!!
  • darkfader1988darkfader1988 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    squigish wrote: »
    Next time there's emergency maintenance, could we get a little bit more than 15 minutes notice? I was in an STF when the 15 minute warning went out, and the server restarted before I finished.

lol how long does it take you to finish an stf?

Even on elite... 15 minutes+? wow.
    MT - Sad Pandas
  • jonathanstiles01jonathanstiles01 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sudden Shutdown for "Emergency Maintenance" eh?

Have one of your geek... ahem... people check on the Planetary Patrol Server(s) while you're at it... they're not working either (at least for me).

I do appreciate the prompt action taken, I just hope things aren't still broken when STO comes back online.
  • captrod71captrod71 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Stop complaining about game going down, at least these guys fix it rather quickly. God!! so sorry you have to be in bed by a certain time or you have to actually come back to real life.
    Nice response STO and PWE do what you have to do, us normal people are patiently waiting for you all.
  • nivratatmanivratatma Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just checking if the game will be back online in an hour...
  • trekmister007trekmister007 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    thanks for telling us in advance, and not kicking us all off the server. i hope some day they make it so it is better for older computers to play the game.:o
  • quepanquepan Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Good old brandon brings out "the button"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v707/Qpan/LMAO/fixit1.jpg
  • squidjoesquidjoe Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    apollo89x wrote: »
    Will the dilithium mining event get pushed up to 10-11?

No, that's something they never do.
  • gr4v1t4rgr4v1t4r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    fuzzzika wrote: »
    Dont turn of your system messages. it was posted there. Everyone saw it. but you, or so it would seem.

Actually those messages overrule the system messages setting, since I have those turned off so I don't get all the *person X won X ship* messages. Not even the same channel now that I think of it, since those messages are marked [admin], not [system] and those can't be turned off at all.
    Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    askray wrote: »
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ejetmoonejetmoon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would have thought that by now you players would have all figured out, They dont fix those annoying day to day bugs you know so well and never will.
  • crazyfarmerscrazyfarmers Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Why not take it offline for a good 12 hour long - fix all the bugs - clean out all the dust - complete makeover?

It has gotta be like airplanes... they fly great.. take them down to fix all the bugs and clean the dust out... and then you have to fight it to fly again.
  • inosaskainosaska Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Why not take it offline for a good 12 hour long - fix all the bugs - clean out all the dust - complete makeover?

PWE is the one in control of how long the servers are down for and so knowing that downtime means money lost is likely to be the servers will be down for only a short amount of time.
  • medic9193medic9193 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well the good news is they said it is the server will only be down for about an hour or so...I hope.
    y2idwb.png
  • squigishsquigish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sudden Shutdown for "Emergency Maintenance" eh?

Have one of your geek... ahem... people check on the Planetary Patrol Server(s) while you're at it... they're not working either (at least for me).

I do appreciate the prompt action taken, I just hope things aren't still broken when STO comes back online.

It was IGE, and we were doing OK, but not great, and then about the same time the 15-minute warning popped up, we all fell to pieces. *shrug* Oh well, off to find something else to do.....
  • rustybladesrustyblades Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My popups are on default. I am still wondering if there isn't anyone who hasn't gotten a jemmy hadar ship yet... I was in one of the pve fleet missions actually.
  • snick3snick3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Maybe we should give them a chance to fix things before we give them a carp TRIBBLE. Granted if they don't fix the Server Not Responding issue then I'll be in line with you to shove a tube up their bum.
  • kirkryderkirkryder Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Makes a change that they fix it at this time, I must admit here in the UK most of us are smiling... We normally have to miss out 2 hours in the afternoon of game time for patch updates!

I have an idea, why not do the patches at this time of day, all the time, then I will be able to sleep through the night shift!

Welcome back Brandon... This is not what you wanted after a nice holiday! I hope you got me something nice while you was away! ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.EliteDefenseStarfleet.com
    Best fleet in Star Trek Online...
    We even have our own merchandise!!! Come join us today...
    www.cafepress.com/elitedefensestarfleet
  • lagunadlagunad Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    squidjoe wrote: »
    I have noticed that EVERY downtime, whether planned or unplanned is during the mining hour, though, nice timing that.

Untrue.

Also, the dilithium received due to the bonus during the mining hour is a negligible fraction of the total dilithium received in-game, so yeah, it'd make total sense to lose an hour's worth of Z-store revenue to prevent that.

You might wanna loosen your tin-foil hat...
This discussion has been closed.