test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Just Got kicked

xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
Just got kicked from server out of freaking no where i am pissed be cause i was in the middle of a colony invasion and got booted and missed out of 50+FM what the hell is going on.
The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
Post edited by xcom43 on

Comments

• Options
    stainer2ustainer2u Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What's going on here is in 48 more hours im done with this game if I can't play it. No one from the STO company has given out any info and I don't suspect they will. login and about 1-3 server links befor them are dead or hardly working.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'd recommend anyone still having this problem to use pingplotter to show you where the packet loss is coming from that kicks you. A lot of times resetting the router or moving it in a good line of sight away from other electronic devices or appliances usually resolves the problem though.

I moved mine when it got really bad today and fixed the problem.
  • Options
    xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'd recommend anyone still having this problem to use pingplotter to show you where the packet loss is coming from that kicks you. A lot of times resetting the router or moving it in a good line of sight away from other electronic devices or appliances usually resolves the problem though.

I moved mine when it got really bad today and fixed the problem.

Do you know how random it is for me to just get booted out of no where it does not happen very often.I all ready been on the phone with my ISP it is fine on there end.
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • Options
    brish01brish01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As my old man once said comps are like being married.

Now with that being said, let me throw this out. The server is somewhere near Boston. Now the last time I was having issues, a pingtest showed it was coming out of Boston that was cuaseing me to lose connection.

Your ISP could and may be perfectly well, but what about the other end? That is why having a pingtest is a bit better, lets you pinpoint the issue quicker. Yes its annoying ot get booted, but it happens, hopefully it gets resolved, then agian Im sure Katrina screwed Boston over a bit more then they excepted.
    18.jpg