test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Qualified Missions Not Rewarding Dilithium

2»

Comments

• infinityboundinfinitybound Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    EDIT: Some changes can take more time to investigate, consider and decide on a course of action, then implement it if it is decided on. Frost mentioned he has passed along the request, and he has, and it's being considered by the decision makers. If more information is available, he will post about it, but in the meantime, please be patient :) Thanks for understanding! ~BranFlakes

Thank you Brandon. Every little bit of communication on this topic helps. I am going to be a good little girl and be patient. *hugs*

Search for Lumani for my missions. Have Fun, and may the loots be with you. ;)
  • capthaydencapthayden Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is not working as intended. I have two missions out there for folks to play (and both are well past the review phase.)

One gives the rewards as intended, even to me (the author). The other, as mentioned above, does not. This lack of consistancy tells me its a glitch and not a deliberate intended function of the system as designed.
    Foundry missions: "Salvaged" and "Preemption (Federation)" brought to you by the former "Tom_Riker01".

"An artist's growth depends upon accurate feedback." ~Data
  • thegh0sterthegh0ster Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I understand the revoking of the IOR repeatable but there's something you've missed. The time-system you use, however it's calculated... Is so freken BROKE it's not even funny! I'm a mini-max tac captain rocking the charal. I have no problem obliterating missions that would take most others 20-30 mins + in 8-10 mins. Mirror universe for example, a pure f2p player with a good team get it done in 7-10 mins. I can complete it in 5.

I have built my ship for immense power and enough tank to not die at all in pve, does that mean since I've put more effort into my ship to make it more powerful, I must revoke that in order to keep balance for people's foundry's? Pft. If it does, you'll be losing over a dozen paying players one of which being myself. I enjoy foundry missions as a way to "free roam" around the game so to speak as players tend to include FAR more variety in their foundry missions than exist in the other elements of the game. I have made my own and love playing it, it's a solid challenge it even takes me about 20 minutes to complete and aside from that it gives loot which is of course a nice perk but still 200-300k in replicator scrap is not as useful as 800 or so dilithium that it easily deserves.

Another flaw in this current design, is that you've neglected to include PLAYERS. Into your equations. Bare in mind, the people that play this game are REAL they do actually exist. As such, most humans will bypass something if they're getting very little or nothing for their time, thus the tremendous issue with foundry missions which go above and beyond this "minimum time" is created. I've had real trouble convincing even fleet members to try it out because it's got a big red flag at the top saying "not eligible for rewards" or whatever, when I know one person in my fleet took over 40 minutes to complete it (sci captain in case you're wondering).

Lastly I completely support the author rewards argument here. The decision makers I suspect will either ignore this completely or fob us off with "it's too much trouble to change the mechanics of the foundry" or some lame excuse to that effect. I still think, regardless of whatever con you might possibly think up against an author playing their own mission, with the current pathetic system they can't alter the rewards much anyway and think about this for a minute. If they try, they'll have to be on their account. Doing nothing else, at that particular time. ERGO... WHAT POSSIBLE PROBLEM COULD THERE BE WITH IT? Besides... Missions like mine can't be afk'd at all lmao. Either way, don't charge 10k dilithium to an author to make foundry missions for every body else EXCEPT they who made it. That's pure unadulterated filth if you ask me. Had I known that before I purchased my slots, I would never have bothered, it's quite literally sickening and I think they should properly consider trying to implement either a new system with a quest-based reward, or mend the current one and add rewards for authors.

P.S. I don't care about the fleet marks if it'll make you bring back the old 960 reward for foundry's and allow authors to use it, that'd be Brilliant. As a fleet We run regular No-wins, starbase defense, mine trap etc anyway and I'd suggest to people wanted fm's for their fleets try them instead of the more lame instances.

Regards,
    Thegh0ster.
  • chitowngrizz420chitowngrizz420 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have put in a request for Foundry authors to be able to get credit for playing their own missions. It is currently under consideration. I ask that you please try to be patient.

It is a month later after this request was put in, so whats going on?
    I am not happy at all about the fact I cant earn any dilithium rewards from playing my own mission!
    Authors dont make these huge dillithium tip numbers people think they do.
    So whats the hold up? This is a common sense decision and needs to be fixed ASAP!
    lololol_zpszeo2byvx.jpg
    Fleet Admiral GRIZZ
    U.S.S. Chicago NCC 1833-C
    Sector 31 ANTKB

ANTKB Gaming Community
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2013
    It is a month later after this request was put in, so whats going on?
    I am not happy at all about the fact I cant earn any dilithium rewards from playing my own mission!
    Authors dont make these huge dillithium tip numbers people think they do.
    So whats the hold up? This is a common sense decision and needs to be fixed ASAP!

By now, you've probably seen the announcement about the new expansion. The work on that is and has been taking up pretty much all of our resources.
    STO QA Team
  • meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    By now, you've probably seen the announcement about the new expansion. The work on that is and has been taking up pretty much all of our resources.

In other words, no time for fixing old problems. Busy creating new ones :)
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • ashtakuashtaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Frost, thanks for responding. I'm sad to hear that this is on the back burner, but if that's the price to pay to have the Foundry ready to roll with Romulan content as soon after Legacy releases as possible... I'm willing to bear with you for a bit :)

Of course, if you happen to stumble upon an easy solution to the problem with my mission, don't hold back on my account :D
  • capthaydencapthayden Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I understand the dillema. Thank you, Crypticfrost, for the response.
    Foundry missions: "Salvaged" and "Preemption (Federation)" brought to you by the former "Tom_Riker01".

"An artist's growth depends upon accurate feedback." ~Data
  • stevehalestevehale Member Posts: 437
    edited April 2013
    I know it's been busy. Just wanted to say again that I hope foundry authors will be able to receive credit for completing their own qualifying missions. Thanks.
    edited July 2013

ok its been almost 5 months since we have been told that this was going to be fixed and still nothing. you implied it would be fixed after the romulan release and its been out for several weeks. whats going on and whats the hold up? this should be fixed soon and we should not have to wait another half a year for it to be fixed!
    lololol_zpszeo2byvx.jpg
    Fleet Admiral GRIZZ
    Sector 31 ANTKB

ANTKB Gaming Community
    edited July 2013
    ok its been almost 5 months since we have been told that this was going to be fixed and still nothing. you implied it would be fixed after the romulan release and its been out for several weeks. whats going on and whats the hold up? this should be fixed soon and we should not have to wait another half a year for it to be fixed!

If I implied a time schedule for any fix, I am sorry as I did not mean to do so. All decisions as to what gets attention and when are all way above my pay grade and I have little to no influence over them. Again, my sincere apologies.
    STO QA Team
    edited July 2013
    I totally understand and appreciate you getting back with a comment. At the very least can you put in the request again and maybe find out some new info for us on this subject? Any help or info about this you can find out is still better than us not knowing whats going on, thanks crypticfrost!
    lololol_zpszeo2byvx.jpg
    Fleet Admiral GRIZZ
    Sector 31 ANTKB

ANTKB Gaming Community
    edited February 2014
    With the foundry payout for dil rewards now being only able to be collected one time an hour why hasn't it been changed that authors can collect dil on their own missions yet?

This has been to long of a wait for a fix!
    lololol_zpszeo2byvx.jpg
    Fleet Admiral GRIZZ
    Sector 31 ANTKB

ANTKB Gaming Community
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    it's by design that authors don't get dilithium on their own missions
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
    edited February 2014
    it use to payout!
    if they did design it to not payout and its not just a bug then they should give the authors some dil for every time other players play our missions. because the tips are not that good so give a 25 dil reward at least.
    lololol_zpszeo2byvx.jpg
    Fleet Admiral GRIZZ
    Sector 31 ANTKB

ANTKB Gaming Community
    edited February 2014
    This is another one of those things that will take programmer time to change, and as I've said before, programmer time is at a premium. It also falls into the category of "nice to have" rather than "need to have" so there's plenty of higher priority stuff in the queue that will need to get fixed before this.
    STO QA Team
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    meurik wrote: »
    In other words, no time for fixing old problems. Busy creating new ones :)

That's how software development works. You have to prioritize everything, and sometimes (often) old bugs will just not generate enough business value to win over new features.

But I am getting the impression at my own work that the errors actually can shrink. There is stuff that will stay for years, everyone might know about it, but it's ultimately not important enough, especially not important as some new features that the customers want or need, new products you offer. But if you can make process improvements, or maybe just more developers, you can sometimes genuinely increase your productivity and also fit in some of the bugs that would normally be left to rot.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    edited February 2014
    That's how software development works. You have to prioritize everything, and sometimes (often) old bugs will just not generate enough business value to win over new features.

But I am getting the impression at my own work that the errors actually can shrink. There is stuff that will stay for years, everyone might know about it, but it's ultimately not important enough, especially not important as some new features that the customers want or need, new products you offer. But if you can make process improvements, or maybe just more developers, you can sometimes genuinely increase your productivity and also fit in some of the bugs that would normally be left to rot.

This is pretty much spot on.

That said, our new EP has made addressing existing bugs a priority but it will still take time. We have a finite number of people and a finite amount of time in any given day. So issues have to be triaged and addressed in order of severity, and those more severe issue often take more time to fix.
    STO QA Team
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited February 2014
    I would also expect that things like this that are conscious design decisions by the devs may not be in line for a "fix" if the devs still think they made the right decision.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
    edited February 2014
    This is pretty much spot on.

That said, our new EP has made addressing existing bugs a priority but it will still take time. We have a finite number of people and a finite amount of time in any given day. So issues have to be triaged and addressed in order of severity, and those more severe issue often take more time to fix.

I hope so, lots of the bugs are well over due for a fix! I would be glad to see a future upcoming season with just some new content or maybe the reworking of some older content. But the main part would be a majority of the bugs fixed. I'm not alone my fleet is very large with 4 top tier bases with full rosters and most of us agree. We want the fixes rather than more content for a little while if thats what it would take.
    lololol_zpszeo2byvx.jpg
    Fleet Admiral GRIZZ
    Sector 31 ANTKB

ANTKB Gaming Community
This discussion has been closed.