test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

17 days to May?

2»

Comments

• zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    To be clear, it's just irony that it ends on Thursday and Thursday's are typically our patch days.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Which ends in the month of March and not in MAY LOL...
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited March 2013
    Which ends in the month of March and not in MAY LOL...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=8428571&postcount=16 ;)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • mirrorseacatmirrorseacat Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    To be clear, it's just irony that it ends on Thursday and Thursday's are typically our patch days.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

You dont even know the level of snark im holding back right now ;) having just watched an episode of Futurama dealing with...irony. :D
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Are you serious? It's to the news announcement. It's been said 500 times.
    Give the OP a break. Standing alone, the graphic makes no sense, which he is rightly pointing out. Not everyone follows dev blogs or spends hours in the forums.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Every time I see this thread title I think of the Cuban Missile Crisis...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    We all already know. It's the announcement of the Romulan faction, aka the worst kept "secret" in recent memory. Kinda like when Champions had the countdown clock to STO and it was concept art for STO from Perpetual Entertainment's collection a few days after the entire internet knew that Cryptic got the rights to STO.

Please tell your marketing people we're not this stupid and they should either be more subtle or just come out and tell us and just leak additional info as we go :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • catrimcatrim Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just when I think Cryptic's PR can't get any worse...
  • nerd666nerd666 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ltdansot wrote: »
    Last I looked the timer was just under 17 days with "May 2013" as the headline.
    What is the countdown counting down to exactly? It's certainly isn't to May unless time travel is real. I probably missed some important bit of data that makes the teaser site make sense ;)

I would guess that at the end of the countdown they will show us what is coming in May 2013.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    nerd666 wrote: »
    I would guess that at the end of the countdown they will show us what is coming in May 2013.
    And probably add it to tribble.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ciprianp1ciprianp1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Here is a thought:
    In 16 days D'Tan gets the Iconian gate working, and kaboom Sela is back with some friends and I hope at least one Iconian ship -->> new FE - they ussually have 5 episodes - so it reaches May when an update will come ( ''The not Season 8 update''). On this update I have to say that if they bring out front the romulans as a faction, without finishing klingons ..... bad move. BUt anything goes.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    Give the OP a break. Standing alone, the graphic makes no sense, ...

Not if you possess some basic deductive reasoning.
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    catrim wrote: »
    Just when I think Cryptic's PR can't get any worse...

Or any more ugly .
    That count down clock is out of frame on both wide and normal screens . :(
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I usually don't bother with interviews unless I can read them so I can skim through the filler talk. Is why I really liked your STO one you do because it doesn't have the filler stuff all the info is related to STO :)
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    Or any more ugly .
    Looks fine here. 16:15:07:26 until May 2013... um, yeah. :p
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's a Pakled World calendar so we are on Pakled time. They look for things to make it go, unfortunately didn't find enough things to give it a proper time length...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm thinking: Teaser-Trailer.....
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    For what it's worth, I think it's the countdown to the next feature episode series, and the large content update will be when the series ends, which will probably take us up to May.

Ohh.. I like the sound of that, If that's the case I would be super happy. :P
  • shifter777shifter777 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Or any more ugly .

Must be your screen, It fits in my widescreen just fine. Might check your settings.
  • ofallonofallon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ciprianp1 wrote: »
    Here is a thought:
    In 16 days D'Tan gets the Iconian gate working, and kaboom Sela is back with some friends and I hope at least one Iconian ship -->> new FE - they ussually have 5 episodes - so it reaches May when an update will come ( ''The not Season 8 update''). On this update I have to say that if they bring out front the romulans as a faction, without finishing klingons ..... bad move. BUt anything goes.

Quite the observation, right up to the part about the Klingon's. Nothing is ever finished in MMoRPG's. By design they are and do have open ends to leave room for possibilities. IMHO blah Klingons give me Romulans orXindi, at least something that has more opportunity for a back story we have yet to explore in the IP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    shifter777 wrote: »
    Must be your screen, It fits in my widescreen just fine. Might check your settings.

As the login screen is not full screen , I'm not sure how the resolution settings might effect the issue .
    Anyways , this is how things look on my end -- you'll notice the clock hanging 'out' a bit . :o
    (1280x800 resolution on my laptop)
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited March 2013
    As the login screen is not full screen , I'm not sure how the resolution settings might effect the issue .
    Anyways , this is how things look on my end -- you'll notice the clock hanging 'out' a bit . :o
    (1280x800 resolution on my laptop)

This is a bug with some browsers and will be fixed; I see the same thing because I have IE8 on one machine, but don't see it on my machine with IE9. The launcher uses IE.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Correct.

We, as a community, have unlocked the T1 countdown and when it is finished we will have to input 500 million dilithium, 500 thousand entertainment provisions, 500 thousand communications arrays, and 1 billion branflakes marks to start the T2 countdown.

LOLZ!!! Once we get passed the t5 countdown, requiring 1,000,000 dilithium to complete, our prize will be the following:

-The true identity of sexy vulcan elf lady will be revealed

-The question of whether handsome phaser guy and sexy vulcan elf lady got married will be settled

-each STo player who completed the 5 countdown tiers will gain access to the bran flakes cruiser: a giant rectangular space cereal box equipped with the latest Borg cereal technology. Imagine-self repairing bran flake technology means you'll never have to buy cereal again! Num num num num....!
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2013
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    LOLZ!!! Once we get passed the t5 countdown, requiring 1,000,000 dilithium to complete, our prize will be the following:

-The true identity of sexy vulcan elf lady will be revealed

-The question of whether handsome phaser guy and sexy vulcan elf lady got married will be settled

-each STo player who completed the 5 countdown tiers will gain access to the bran flakes cruiser: a giant rectangular space cereal box equipped with the latest Borg cereal technology. Imagine-self repairing bran flake technology means you'll never have to buy cereal again! Num num num num....!

*Claps like a seal
  • willow6912willow6912 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i just found out what the countdown is for.

Basicly there will be a massively anticipated faction/mission series that requires a patch

, unfortunately it will cause the game not to load and crash frequently which means the forums will have a melt down as mass "i'm going to leave sto" posts and raging ensues

Oh and at the same time cryptic decide to do a server maintenance just to rub salt into the wound.

Then afer a few days everyone goes back to the game as though nothing has happened.

oh and someone's faveroute ship gets nerfed causing another round of raging ::P
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    regarding the interview:

what i've heard:

- the update will be big
    - there will be a FE involving iconians and D'Tan's Romulans
    - the update will concentrate on how you want your toon to evolve and on endgame
    - the update will finally resolve the problem of every other new faction ever to come.
    - we will see the first of the new (let's call them mini-) factions to be implemented in May
    - there will be more ships and ship-types

what i've read elsewhere:

- they work on cross-faction content mission, and fleet-action wise, also PVP
    - they work on new UI where you can choose/adjust your main UI color

what i would like to ask:

- will every new faction be able to create fleets or will we have to join existing KDF/FED fleets? (i would vote for new fleets for every faction)