test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

15% Bonus ZEN Promo!

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
We are happy to announce that from now until Friday, March 1, 2013 (3:00 PM PST), players will receive an additional 15% bonus when purchasing ZEN through select payment processors.*

*Click here for full details.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    jhighfilljhighfill Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Why are the promos always at the tail end of a month
  • Options
    guardianvalourguardianvalour Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    While I appreciate the sale, I do not understand why Perfect World game cards are always excluded from these promotions.
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Okay, on-topic, while this sale is great, is there any hope of a March ship sale?
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Nice chance to buy more Zen. I might look into it later this week. For those purchases from the store I would like to have.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    We are happy to announce that from now until Friday, March 1, 2013 (3:00 PM PST), players will receive an additional 15% bonus when purchasing ZEN through select payment processors.*

*Click here for full details.

I'm happy to announce I won't be spending any money on this promotion. :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's been a few months since I've thrown any money at this game. Have a hundred bucks, PWE. Now give me a C-Store sale so I have a reason to spend the zen.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I subconsciously saw this promo coming and had already transferred money to PayPal. :cool:
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Wow!1 It would have been nice to make this announcement when the Andorian ships were released... Sad puppy....
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • Options
    phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Dang it! I have tons of zen, how about a %off prices of items instead.
  • Options
    ussfuryussfury Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Lifetime sale plz! :D

Seriously though, this is well timed. I have a weird thing about needing to keep at least $20 of Zen in my account, for some reason.

Emergencies?
  • Options
    ussfuryussfury Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    available for purchase at a reduced price

So buying $23 worth of Zen for $20 isn't a reduced price?

Seems pretty reduced to me.
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    aspartan1 wrote: »
    Wow!1 It would have been nice to make this announcement when the Andorian ships were released... Sad puppy....

Really!?

lol it made total business sense for Cryptic to have a promotion AFTER the people who couldn't help themselves when it comes to shinnies had already lapped up as many Ando ships as they could.

:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Really!?

lol it made total business sense for Cryptic to have a promotion AFTER the people who couldn't help themselves when it comes to shinnies had already lapped up as many Ando ships as they could.

No doubt. Exploitation and naked greed - good things - no? :P
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    aspartan1 wrote: »
    No doubt. Exploitation and naked greed - good things - no? :P

PWE is run by the Ferengi.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm guessing these promotions are not open to people in australia, I have purchased zen a couple of times during these events and have never gotten the extra 15%. but since i am f2p i can't ask about it either.
    I dont mind a ton, just curious, everything I have spent money on in game has been subsidised by dilithium, especially with the current market :) in fact, one of my ships was nothing but dilithium :)
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It's nice there is a Zen Sale, but I'm not going to buy anymore Zen until they fix all these problems with STO.

Especially all these Crash-to-Desktop issues.
  • Options
    obsidianballsobsidianballs Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    - Steam (**Not eligible for the bonus 300 ZEN) (10,000 and 20,000 ZEN packages are excluded)

I brought 1000 Zen points via Steam and did not get any extra Zen.

You clearly state that 10,000 and 20,000 packages are excluded but say nothing about 1000.

Where is my missing Zen?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    mikearoo wrote: »
    I'm guessing these promotions are not open to people in australia, I have purchased zen a couple of times during these events and have never gotten the extra 15%. but since i am f2p i can't ask about it either.
    I dont mind a ton, just curious, everything I have spent money on in game has been subsidised by dilithium, especially with the current market :) in fact, one of my ships was nothing but dilithium :)

I'm in Tokyo and I get the promos. With that said my account was started as a US account via Cryptic's old system so I dont know if PWE has a regional account system. The system does show me information based on my IP however. It sucks to say the least since I dont read Japanese and of course I cant change my region setting for added insult on the injury. YMMV.....
  • Options
    mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Actually, I am in the same boat, I bought STO when it first came out and I was working in the United States :D

maybe next time I purchase zen during the promo and it doesn't come through, I'll start bugging PWE about it :)
  • Options
    kngorkngor Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You always have to purchase the ZEN over the PWE Website to get the Promosion.
    If you buy over Steam or an other Partner you won't get the promotional ZEN Bonus.

Greetings

kngor (Motzi)
    =/\= 58. Geschwader - Fleet Admiral =/\=
    =/\= Vice Admiral |□|□|□| Andreas@Motzi =/\=
    =/\= Yan Isleth - yo' 'ai =/\=
    =/\= Lieutenant General |₳|₳|₳| K'ratak@Motzi =/\=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes yes buy zen from them so I can keep getting it for free! WOOWOO!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    We need c-store sale but not 15% ZEN promo!
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes, keep buying people, drive that exchange rate into the ground!
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not a big fan of zen sales, no c store sales? Must be to prevent those of us that have stipend from receiving any discount.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Really!?

It would also seem to indicate that the Andorian ship isn't perhaps selling quite as well as they'd hoped - after all, it's only been a week (the first day of which it was broken) and now you can effectively buy it 15% cheaper?
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • Options
    waarderwaarder Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It would also seem to indicate that the Andorian ship isn't perhaps selling quite as well as they'd hoped - after all, it's only been a week (the first day of which it was broken) and now you can effectively buy it 15% cheaper?

Or the other way around: they sold a lott of these ships and now they want even more people to buy it.
    I would agree with you if they would put the ship itself on sale
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2013
    kngor wrote: »
    You always have to purchase the ZEN over the PWE Website to get the Promosion.
    If you buy over Steam or an other Partner you won't get the promotional ZEN Bonus.

Greetings

kngor (Motzi)

Stream is listed as one of the partners participating in this promotion. Please check out the article linked in the first post :) There was a small delay with the Steam promo starting though, and all accounts that purchased a qualifying amount between 3PM PST yesterday and when the promo was activated with Steam a couple hours later has been credited in-game as of last night.

Also, this ZEN promo is not just for STO, it's all games if you look at the different PWE game websites.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    waarder wrote: »
    Or the other way around: they sold a lott of these ships and now they want even more people to buy it.
    I would agree with you if they would put the ship itself on sale

Well they're not going to put their hot new product on sale a week after it was released are they? Can you imagine all the demands for a 15% refund from early adopters?

Besides, since when has a company that's released a new product that's selling well reduced its price? This is Cryptic/PWE we're talking about here.

Of course, a sale on Zen is effectively a sale on everything in the C-Store so it doesn't necessarily mean anything (other than the Cryptic feels it's time we gave them more money).

When the Vesta was introduced, they did a ship sale - but the Vesta wasn't included in it - that's more along the lines of what I'd expect if the Andorian ship was selling well.
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Except the Zen sale is a PWE thing and not a Cryptic thing which means all PWE games are having the sale and has nothing to do with the Andoran ship.
    GwaoHAD.png
This discussion has been closed.