test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Right, own up, who has been giving the KDF Transporter Chiefs Romulan Ale?

ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Klingon Discussion
When your grinding, time is always against you, whether your replaying missions to vendor-scrap breen goodies quickly, or if your doing "Tour The Universe". You enter Qo'nos orbit without any second to spare, you try to beam to the First City, and then end up at the Shipyard! Sometimes you try to beam to the First City from the Shipyard, and rematerialise again, at the Shipyard!!

So i would like to know who is giving the Transporter Chiefs Romulan Ale? When i find out who i will energy-whip their behinds into the next galaxy!
Post edited by ironmako on

Comments

• shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    No. Not Romulan Ale. He's hooked on blood-wine.
    See that big fountain of blood-wine at the bar? The transporter chief is a regular customer. :P
    Even worse, both of them are! :D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ironmako wrote: »
    When your grinding, time is always against you, whether your replaying missions to vendor-scrap breen goodies quickly, or if your doing "Tour The Universe". You enter Qo'nos orbit without any second to spare, you try to beam to the First City, and then end up at the Shipyard! Sometimes you try to beam to the First City from the Shipyard, and rematerialise again, at the Shipyard!!

So i would like to know who is giving the Transporter Chiefs Romulan Ale? When i find out who i will energy-whip their behinds into the next galaxy!

Klingons don't like romulan ale it's too sweet! :) Maybe the chef fell in the blood wine fountain last night :o
  • ztempestztempest Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Naw. Bloodwine and Romulan Ale have nothing to do with it.

I think he just gets his kicks out of watching Orion girls materialize over and over again. There must be an instance where the clothes (what little there are) materialize after the body does...and so he intentionally causes a "transporter error" to increase the potential error rate for a wardrobe malfunction...

So...he does it to everybody, because he does not know in advance if there is a hot girl materializing...or that nasty, bad-tempered Gorn that might rip his limbs off for being so bone-headed....
  • zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I thought he was just bitter because he is relegated to being the transporter guy instead of out killing feddies.
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This happens to me often. Executing my own transporter officer didn't fix the problem so I'm at a loss...
  • ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Next "Tour the universe" i do, i'm going to pee in the Bloodwine fountain!
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ztempest wrote: »
    I think he just gets his kicks out of watching Orion girls materialize over and over again. There must be an instance where the clothes (what little there are) materialize after the body does...and so he intentionally causes a "transporter error" to increase the potential error rate for a wardrobe malfunction...

... This explains why certain parts of my female Orion beams up and beams down first.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Most disturbing teleport I've seen in sto is a pair of eyes appearing first, then the body - It was technically nude, but evidently transporter tech evidently hides any floppy and/or dangly and/or sticky-out bits by teleporting the body in first, then clothes then the 'underwear department', shall we say...

...I put it down to my Klink trying a cocktail of rom ale, bloodwine, battery acid and a pureed targ heart made by the cute orion bartender on his ship..
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    For some reason my eyebrows always beam out before the rest of me :D

And re: the Transporter Officer - welcome to the KDF :rolleyes:

Oh, and that Exchange Terminal? No - it's not broken - just go all the way to the end there - no, further - further! There you go :)

Working as intended.
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So i would like to know who is giving the Transporter Chiefs Romulan Ale?

dunno, but i've lost count of the times i've wished you could shoot and kill friendly NPCs because of that...makes me wish for a doff called KDF Transporter Officer that i can feed to the 'Execute for Incompetence' mission
    When i find out who i will energy-whip their behinds into the next galaxy!

is that a promise?
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited February 2013
    I'll keep an eye out for you Shadowfang, if you would like a whipping, let me know ;)

I have to say, i'm glad its happening to others, as i thought it was just me!
    edited February 2013
    I'll keep an eye out for you Shadowfang, if you would like a whipping, let me know ;)

I have to say, i'm glad its happening to others, as i thought it was just me!

always up for one, though i probably shouldn't be saying that on these forums...though, to be fair, they've seen much worse :P

yep, it's been happening to everyone since at least as far back as when i started playing, which was just before the game's 2nd anniversary, and probably even before that
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    rakija879 wrote: »
    Klingons don't like romulan ale it's too sweet! :)

That's Saurian brandy you're thinking of. Romulan ale is so bitter it gives most Klingons an instant headache.

And as for the transporter malfunctions, my chief engineer might have "borrowed" a Heisenberg compensator or two. My bad.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • ladydragonfuryladydragonfury Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This happens to me all the time. It's really starting to get annoying, the worst was when I was trying to beam down to Qo'noS from the shipyard and reappeared in the shipyard four times before I eventually ended up on Qo'noS. What's worse is my avatar is a female Alien reptilian I created so she's not exactly a sexy Orion girl that he has an excuse to want to see. Does he have some sort of fetish for reptilians?

... Then after I'd done what I needed to do on Qo'noS, I went back up there and beat him with my Bat'leth out of sheer frustration. I just wish he'd reacted.
    I am NEVER calling my avatars 'toons'.
    Some people buy Tier V ships and expect to automatically win. Other people buy Tier V ships and are Tier V pilots
    edited February 2013
    This happens to me all the time. It's really starting to get annoying, the worst was when I was trying to beam down to Qo'noS from the shipyard and reappeared in the shipyard four times before I eventually ended up on Qo'noS. What's worse is my avatar is a female Alien reptilian I created so she's not exactly a sexy Orion girl that he has an excuse to want to see. Does he have some sort of fetish for reptilians?

... Then after I'd done what I needed to do on Qo'noS, I went back up there and beat him with my Bat'leth out of sheer frustration. I just wish he'd reacted.

Be thankful, your not running a Gorn, otherwise you may be one of the few who will see a Gorn butt naked!

STO would be paying for your counselling for years if you saw such a sight! lol
    edited February 2013
    Be thankful, your not running a Gorn, otherwise you may be one of the few who will see a Gorn butt naked!

STO would be paying for your counselling for years if you saw such a sight! lol

what's wrong with seeing something like that? it's not like gorn, as a reptillian-based species, have visible genitals anyway

#LegalizeAwoo

• ladydragonfuryladydragonfury Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If Gorn follow the same parameters as Earth reptiles, then I'm sure there wouldn't be anything too disturbing if I saw one without his clothes....

... If not then, yeah, I think I'd have to have counselling XD.

EDIT to say: I 'would' run a Gorn if there was a female option. But I understand it has to do with canon and whatnot so I just made my own reptilian instead. But most of my bridge officers are Gorn even so.
    I am NEVER calling my avatars 'toons'.
    Some people buy Tier V ships and expect to automatically win. Other people buy Tier V ships and are Tier V pilots
  • bioskyline1bioskyline1 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Oh, and that Exchange Terminal? No - it's not broken - just go all the way to the end there - no, further - further! There you go :)

Working as intended.

i blame the gorn for breaking ther terminals. there always pressing the buttons to hard
    edited February 2013
    i blame the gorn for breaking ther terminals. there always pressing the buttons to hard

ah, but to them, they're pressing gently; that's the problem...the consoles aren't gorn-proof

#LegalizeAwoo

• kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is my revenge on cryptic for destroying the market on Rom ale and dosi rogut by flooding the supply -_- with a freaking daily that can net 20 bottles in one go if your lucky...unfortunately the freighter that was transporting the goods to Cryptic was ambushed by the kdf transporter officers.....which im guessing were mine as i haven't had any problems beaming into the shipyard or first city...or the academy for that matter XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
    edited February 2013
    cynder2012 wrote: »
    which im guessing were mine as i haven't had any problems beaming into the shipyard or first city...or the academy for that matter XD

and now that you said that, you'll be having nothing but problems: karma's a real ***** :D

#LegalizeAwoo

• kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    and now that you said that, you'll be having nothing but problems: karma's a real ***** :D

hehehe...I'll be ready...I'll just send my Orion Away team down in a shuttle...takeover the transporter room and fix the error...unfortunately the players coming out of the buffer will die of horrible nosebleeds XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
    edited February 2013
    cynder2012 wrote: »
    hehehe...I'll be ready...I'll just send my Orion Away team down in a shuttle...takeover the transporter room and fix the error...unfortunately the players coming out of the buffer will die of horrible nosebleeds XD

not me, i'm immune to orion charm

put a gorn or ferasan in front of me, however...that's a whole different story

#LegalizeAwoo

• artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2013
    EDIT to say: I 'would' run a Gorn if there was a female option. But I understand it has to do with canon and whatnot so I just made my own reptilian instead. But most of my bridge officers are Gorn even so.

We have no way of knowing if the Gorn in canon are Male or Female.
    They are Lizards it wont make any difference.

Hold on Cryptic game the Saurian Females TRIBBLE :eek:.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Maybe he got sick of people in STFs with injuries and it's his way to encourage players to repair and buy spare parts. :)
  • emperorandyemperorandy Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I always assumed it was a joke by the Devs about unreliable KDF technology.
    edited February 2013
    I'm going to do execute one of my officers tonight, just to ensure my transporter chief knows that i won't take any **** from him!
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

... Clever.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
    edited February 2013

if it was, no one's laughing

#LegalizeAwoo

edited February 2013
    Most of the time i laugh it off, but not when i'm doing "tour the universe", where every second counts to get as much EC as possible, you arrive at Qo'nos, you click to "Beam to First City" the transporter chief gets it wrong, then wrong again, then the loading screen freezes, and you see the red text, "server not responding..."

That is when i start properly raging!