test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (February 21, 2013)

Comments

• Options
    finsches123finsches123 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes! Fleet Marks for PvP!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you thank you :D
  • Options
    mike1027mike1027 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i will say this only once i am glad they added more fleet marks now. but foundry is still hurt.
  • Options
    thowasthowas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    • Activating EV suits no longer cause the character's head to disappear.

Ok, i can see how that was a problem!

But it's good that you increased the fleetmarks earnings.
    That will help the smaller fleet aswell.

Now you only have to do something about the dilithium costs for small fleets.
    Like, it depends on how many members are in a fleet.

Also, the Azure Nebula Rescue mission would need some more love.
    All borg stfs [space] have alot deal of higher rewarding than the any of romulan stfs.
    I'm one of the people who usually stay out of ground missions [because they are boring].
    And perhaps having two of them "Normal & Elite" :-)

Just some wishes :-)
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    smagaton wrote: »
    Hey guys, you forgot both of the poor Officer of the watch!!! You should just remove the 20 hour limit on both of them, it's not worth it to go to Both the Starbase and the embassy for 5 little marks that are on a 20 HOUR cooldown:eek:

This. It seems such a simple thing to me, increase the Fleet marks and either keep or reduce the cool down on "officer of the watch".

Cryptic seem hell bent on the idea that FM's HAVE to be gained as a fleet action, forgetting that there are times when individuals, for whatever reason, want to contribute to the base as well. The OotW mission would be ideal for this IF the rewards were worth it.
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    cowbertcowbert Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    mike1027 wrote: »
    i will say this only once i am glad they added more fleet marks now. but foundry is still hurt.

Perhaps they may be thinking of adding a few FMs to foundry missions that require 2-5 players so that fleets who run their fleet-based foundry stuff can benefit.
  • Options
    cowbertcowbert Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    nyxadrill wrote: »
    This. It seems such a simple thing to me, increase the Fleet marks and either keep or reduce the cool down on "officer of the watch".

Cryptic seem hell bent on the idea that FM's HAVE to be gained as a fleet action, forgetting that there are times when individuals, for whatever reason, want to contribute to the base as well. The OotW mission would be ideal for this IF the rewards were worth it.

The rationale for removing FMs from foundry was because people were just soloing the several "kill all the things" missions every 30 minutes for 50FMs each. It was a gigantic FM fountain compared to the earlier 50FM per day limit on the Foundry wrapper. The idea behind FMs is to gain them through teamplay. Now, I'd like to see Omega Marks moved from the STFs (or lower the amount per elite STF) to the solo Borg missions and have STFs hand out Fleet Marks instead. That would balance the Omega Mark reward system and put them more in line with the Romulan Mark system, while rewarding successful fleetplay and teamplay through the STFs. Lower the dil per STF to 240/480 or so and add dil to the rest of the PVE queue missions (after all, PVP gives dil too - PVPers and PVP fleets can just farm Ker'rat all day if they want).
  • Options
    lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    nyxadrill wrote: »

Agreed. Let's have the Officer of the Watch mission be hourly instead of daily, or else have it give 25-30 Marks once per day. 5 Marks once per day is now effectively worthless when the Colony Invasion or Fleet Alert can be done in about ten minutes every half hour and now will award 40+ Marks per run.

Alternatively, we could have Officer of the Watch missions added to the main starbases (ESD/DS9/K7/SB39-Sierra, and their KDF counterparts), each offering 5 Marks, and a "wrapper" mission that would award an extra 15-20 Marks if we run around the whole Federation doing all of them.
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'll let Ackbar speak for me :D

...may this?! :D
    --> add marks to ALL pvp missions as it should be plz!!!
    usscapital wrote: »
    adding fleetmarks to pvp ? , when did pvp become fleet based ? .

well... regarding the given pve fleet actions every pvp mission more is a fleet action than those. more difficult while the same diversity of participating "fleets".
    indeed you can pug pve fleet actions with 20 players from 20 different fleets.
    you don't have to be in a fleet for pvp, right. but the difficulty level and need to work together to succeed in my eyes is a bit more tricky against players than against ai...
    or just give us some pvp fleet actions 8)
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    cowbert wrote: »
    Now, I'd like to see Omega Marks moved from the STFs (or lower the amount per elite STF) to the solo Borg missions and have STFs hand out Fleet Marks instead.

if they do that, i want to see them add romulan marks to the romulan story missions...like they were supposed to have in the first place

or better yet, just ditch the marks altogether and have reputation earned directly by doing missions for that group or killing that group's enemies (I.E. borg for omega, tal'shiar/romulans still loyal to sela for new romulus)
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    When are we going to get working Tholian Red Alerts in Tau Dewa?

An answer that many people would like to hear.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    kriss257kriss257 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Finaly we get what we ask to get.;)
    Now i will se many more folk at the Defera, its been hard to get full team together, for KDF it was nearly imposible to get full team.
    I like doing Defera hard runs, so thank you again for FM boost.:)
    10Chars and I play them ALL.

76561198045166665.png
  • Options
    rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Nice more f marks now :P
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited February 2013
    Good positive move in the right direction

Bravo
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    fix maintenance message on launcher and web it is incorrect :) or we will have maintenance y day
  • Options
    thisisoverlordthisisoverlord Member Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    syberghost wrote: »

Adding more Fleet Marks to PvP is a no-brainer

That being the case and seeing how long Fleet Marks have been about for, that was a long time being brainless!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    #2311#2700#2316#2500
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Now................if they can just fix that annoying squeak in the floor of my quarters. =3

*tosses him a can of WD-40* here, this should take care of that :D
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The announcement message of this patch (with the red background) on both the
    perfect world home page and on the launcher have the same typo with the incorrect
    date that this patch will be applied. It says Feb 20, instead of Fed 21.
    D'Oh!
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Since the Fleet Mark change is official, I'll give a big hearty THANK YOU!!!!!

I've always thought Fleet Mark rewards from the queues were too low considering the FM rewards of other missions. This will now make them worth it.

PS: The KDF side of my fleet came across Borg in a Fleet Alert last night and said it was quite challenging. Can't wait to see more. If only they gave Omega Marks too when Borg come in. ;)
  • Options
    shifter777shifter777 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is great. It will add some sense of accomplishment to some very fun missions! Thanks a bunch guys!
  • Options
    tyrannussallustyrannussallus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Wrong date on the launcher folks, I saw the notification for the downtime and it says Feb. 20, 2013.

Might want to fix that. :(
  • Options
    pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    SHARD IS DOWN......

Let the Shenanigans begin!
  • Options
    bclark09bclark09 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Now that wasn't so difficult to do...which begs the question of why this wasn't done in the first place a week ago.

Whatever, it's done and the problem has been sorted for the most part. Thank you for listening to the players.
  • Options
    mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Personally, I'm really happy the universal two-minute timer is being addressed. It really affected my game play either during elite Borg STFs, Red Alerts or even one-man Borg missions. Especially if I forgot to bring minor component repair consumables with me. But I was having a bit of fun trying to figure out what triggered the timer.
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    usscapital wrote: »
    adding fleetmarks to pvp ? , when did pvp become fleet based ? .

only 1 day on tribble ? , is that realy enough time to test it ?

i have no idea why i put this tbh , i must have been under the weather lol :(

some nice changes anyways
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    the only thing they havent done with the fleet marks in this patch was put it back in the foundry and i am afraid that the pvp fleet mark thing will be like the foundry fleet marks and be temporary and cause alot more problems with the pvp vets and the pvp boot camp with all the people who dont know one thing about pvp trying to play pvp. idk for sure if the pvp fleet marks will be temporary like the foundry fleet marks or be perminant thou
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    From the main web site page:

"We will be performing shard maintenance on February 20th from 7-9 AM PST (1500-1700 UTC)."

Yeah, good luck with doing that yesterday. :D
  • Options
    legoorlegoor Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Wrong date on the launcher folks, I saw the notification for the downtime and it says Feb. 20, 2013.

Might want to fix that. :(
    Yeah this please^^^ lol ;) It caught me of guard when I logged in today been gone all week was wondering if something major happened and everything was down since yesterday lol, no worries now but I would fix it for those ppl that doesnt come to the forums ;)
  • Options
    hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for addressing the FM issue - it was getting rather daunting to try to get fleet projects done with such dismal returns on marks...
This discussion has been closed.