Install Arc

Why forum posters are important

12346»

Comments

• cptvanorcptvanor Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    solidsam wrote: »
    That would certainly be a way to do it.

But it takes what a week to get to like lvl 30 in this game if you really want to?
  • solidsamsolidsam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    cptvanor wrote: »
    But it takes what a week to get to like lvl 30 in this game if you really want to?

I guess if you grind the mess out of it, yeah. It took a few weeks for me, playing a few hours a day. I wasn't rushing or anything though. That's quite a bit of effort just to release something that will be deleted and result in your Foundry access being revoked.
    Formerly known as Khannnnn
    "Spock, this 'child' is about to wipe out every living thing on Earth. Now, what do you suggest we do? Spank it?" -Commander Leonard 'Bones' McCoy, M.D.
  • cptvanorcptvanor Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    solidsam wrote: »
    That's quite a bit of effort just to release something that will be deleted and result in your Foundry access being revoked.

True it is. But if you're the type to make a mission that can be exploited like the ESD console mission was. Odds are you'll know how to grind to lvl 30 much faster then a normal person might.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    cptvanor wrote: »

Yeah, but there's a big difference in effort between "I'll just make a new account and rebuild that mission, it'll take me an afternoon" and "...it'll take me a week". Most people don't have to get banned very many times before they take that hint. :)
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • broadnaxbroadnax Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    Better would be the Neverwinter fix; make you level up to some non-trivial point before you can use it, and let you pay to reduce THAT point. That way it's not a paywall, it's just Pay for Convenience.

Hopefully that is for creating missions, not playing them.

If it is for playing them, the only way that might even vaguely palatable is if it is leveling your first character, not every character.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    broadnax wrote: »
    Hopefully that is for creating missions, not playing them.

If it is for playing them, the only way that might even vaguely palatable is if it is leveling your first character, not every character.

Yes, creating; you can play them instantly after the tutorial (no idea if we'll be able to skip the tutorial, in beta you couldn't), and I doubt they'd change that.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It does seem that the amount of time given like for instance you get 17 for a fleet alert and you get around 6-9 for romulan ones. Then like in the KDF its like hardly ever you get a good team for NWS, blockade or the 20 person one so there needs to be something done. Although I somewhat agree with them being added to STFs but then again then no one would bother doing those Season 6 missions for fleet marks.

That's why I suggested a small amount. Like 10 FMs only perhaps each one. Not enough to be equal or better than farming the fleet specific missions but enough that you can walk away with something. Those numbers you mention are before the latest patch, they should reward some 30+ FMs I think each now, so 10 FM for an STF I think would be appropriate.

STFs are the apex of PvE team play in STO. Roles often being delegated, timing is necessary, well known tactics need to be used and communication is helpful. Fleets can and should be able to play these together and get rewarded for it with FMs.

KDF player numbers in FM events is scarce to say the least but I think Dstahl mentioned they have something coming in May with their next big release that will fix/help the situation there.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • kyuui13kyuui13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    Yes, creating; you can play them instantly after the tutorial (no idea if we'll be able to skip the tutorial, in beta you couldn't), and I doubt they'd change that.

If you are refering to the STO tutorial, it is indeed skipable once you do it a single time.
    Next time you log in, ask yourself this.
    dastahl wrote: »
    If you can't have fun, then what is the point?