test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Channel admin functions still don't work as of Feb 14th, 2013

askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
With the recent update to Tribble, I logged in to check on the channel admin functions since it was posted they work. They did not, and I muted an SSR DJ in the process to where I had to mute some random players just to undo the mute (I can't really explain it i just hit mute and unmute on random people till it stuck). I posted the bug report in Tribble bug report but obviously since this is now on holodeck, and the bug is still around here is the updated bug report for holodeck -

Channel that was tested in was SSR again which has over 1,000+ subscribers. Tried unmuting people that were muted, and no go. :( Said they were unmuted, closed the window loaded it back up they were still muted, refreshed the page still muted.

:(
Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Title says it all.
  • Options
    starboardnacellestarboardnacelle Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm still unable to un-mute people that were wrongly muted by the system prior to this patch. Refreshing the list denotes no change in their status.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Same here. No change in unmute stauts.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Try kicking them then re-inviting them. It clears the mute.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    Actually tried that :P. However unmuting is a small part of the problem as muting still is hit/miss. :(
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Bumping with an update:

STORP's backup channel, STORP.ORG, has been afflicted with this bug after the January 18th patch. I'd appreciate it if Cryptic would take a more in-depth look at the problem.
    askray wrote: »
    Actually tried that :P. However unmuting is a small part of the problem as muting still is hit/miss. :(

We've tried this solution before. People who were muted before being kicked would rejoin the channel, but still be muted. Kicking from the channel seems to work fine, but un-muting doesn't. It would appear the most prudent course of action is to switch channels to invitation only and punish via temporary kicking, but this is extremely inconvenient.
  • Options
    akinori1akinori1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    No, no it dosent
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2013
    This is now fixed on Tribble. Has anyone checked it out? :) You should be able to jump in and manage your chat settings on Tribble since changes on Tribble would affect Holodeck (cross-game/ shard chat).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    are all those fixes on tribble going to go to halo deck next patch/update?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Still didn't work and I am the channel owner. Logged on to Tribble, unmuted, refreshed, still not working. I even ask the GM's in the tickets to unmute everyone but apperntly they can't either.
  • Options
    keepcalmkeepcalm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Same on SSR channel. Got someone to agree to be my test subject, tried to mute, refreshed, they could still chat fine. Can't say much on how well unmuting works, since muting ... doesn't.
    "The halfling way of battle is simple: You jump on their face and keep stabbing until the screaming stops."
  • Options
    nicholasjohnnicholasjohn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Tried it as well on one of my fleet channel's members that's been perma-muted for a few weeks now and didn't work.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Perma mute is still on holodeck
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2013
    Something still seems to be amiss when looking at this on Holodeck. Since today's fix didn't work (there was a patch note included because we altered the chat system in a way that we believe should have alleviated this issue), we'll continue investigating why this remains an issue. This issue is harder to work on internally because we can't import all of your chat channels with all its users to our internal testing servers, so we have to go off our own custom channels (which are having no issues with muting/ unmuting).

Thanks for your continued patience, Captains.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    We really don't mind giving up our first channel to controlled testing by the developers, since we've already migrated to a backup. The backup is also afflicted by this bug, but no one uses the first channel anymore.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    So its been a little over a week can we get on update?

hmmm the permamute been removed for me at least
  • Options
    hootenitehootenite Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Our chat channel has some similar issues - one of our moderators muted a member to control the channel and what was supposed to be a 5 minute mute has been about a month now. I tried unmuting them from Tribble and Champions Online - we've done the remove and re-add user to the channel, none of that works, but this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone here. Is remaking the channel the only option?!?! :confused:
  • Options
    dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Unfortunately problem STILL exist. It's ridiculous, as I check forum first info about this bug was over a year ago and mention many time until now, and still no repair, or at least warning for channel admins that "MUTE" is currently permanent.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Still broken after latest patch.
  • Options
    blznfunblznfun Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having this issue as well.
    jeremy-t_doff_signiture5635.jpg
    =/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
    Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
    Original Handle: the_orig_jean_luc_picard
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    BranFlakes any update on this? It's getting really irritating when I can mute someone without risking that some one else will get mute, and knowing that it will be permanent mute.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Still not fixed
  • Options
    charliescot25charliescot25 Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have been muted by a moderator co on channel as well. Infact, I was muted on PublicEliteSTF by someone who was higher admin than the channel maker. This is really fking ridiculous! I have never, EVER been muted for any reason until recently. I was helping the community with stf optionals and I guess being nice gets you here! >.>

I am now unable to play stfs with elite people now. Thank you, Cryptic for this...Love you soo much.

Not really.
    [SIGPIC]USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    therealtogietherealtogie Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is there any update on this? As an officer of one of the larger fleets, we oft-times need to be able to temporarily mute/unmute players that're disruptive or failing to follow our chat policies (no bigotry, harrassment, etc). PLEASE, for the love of the game, the fleets, and your users... try to get this patched as soon as possible.

Muting at present is broken. There's no status change upon attempting muting, nor is there any apparent change in the user status.

Thanks for your time.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Nearly 2 years and still broken.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    BranFlakes any info? It's not even funny any more.
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Necrothread. Totally.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Guess what, it will be necrothread as long as they repair it. It's ridiculous that such basic mechanic as chat in game don't work properly.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    And another month pass without fix or at least any info.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    New Season still same old problem.
This discussion has been closed.