test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Persistent Foundry Series: An idea by drkfrontiers

Comments

• drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sounds good. It'll tie in very nicely with the Dominion forces on the other side of the wormhole.

I'm hoping, just hoping to re-spark the creative genius of a Second Dominion War :).

In my story J'mpok is losing control. He has lost face with the hardliners after the Federation trumped him.

At the moment I see him in a very similar light to a "Mussolini" desperate for his own glorious conquest after the stalemate with the Federation and those trying to undermine him in the Omega Force.

Knowing that the Cardassians will prove little resistance, and convinced that Starfleet are too engaged with the Romulan crisis, J'mpok moves to conquest across the Wormhole into the very heart of the Dominion demoralized by their tactical withdrawal. (I used Hilter's Ardennes Counteroffensive, the last ditch attempt at a major victory as inspiration)

Throughout this epic saga, I want players to think "Oh my ..., I am in the middle of the frigging Dominion War here!"
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Undine - I can try to make sure that the war begins

Ask'kaar - not sure
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm hoping, just hoping to re-spark the creative genius of a Second Dominion War :).

In my story J'mpok is losing control. He has lost face with the hardliners after the Federation trumped him.

At the moment I see him in a very similar light to a "Mussolini" desperate for his own glorious conquest after the stalemate with the Federation and those trying to undermine him in the Omega Force.

Knowing that the Cardassians will prove little resistance, and convinced that Starfleet are too engaged with the Romulan crisis, J'mpok moves to conquest across the Wormhole into the very heart of the Dominion demoralized by their tactical withdrawal. (I used Hilter's Ardennes Counteroffensive, the last ditch attempt at a major victory as inspiration)

Throughout this epic saga, I want players to think "Oh my ..., I am in the middle of the frigging Dominion War here!"

I don't think that's such a good idea, from a tactical standpoint. Once the Federation cracks down on the Klingons sending huge fleets and supplies and construction ships through the wormhole, J'mpok's forces would be cut off. No tactician would make that hasty attack.

I'd suggest attacking the Cardassians. That way, J'mpok has a foothold in that area of the quadrant, which he can then exploit to pressure the Federation to allow forces through the wormhole.

Alternatively, the Transwarp conduit in the Omega Leonis Sector Block could be "pointed" at the Gamma Quadrant, bypassing the wormhole.

Just some food for thought. I'll still build off of your story idea, if yours is what you want to start off with.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
    edited February 2013
    I don't think that's such a good idea, from a tactical standpoint. Once the Federation cracks down on the Klingons sending huge fleets and supplies and construction ships through the wormhole, J'mpok's forces would be cut off. No tactician would make that hasty attack.

I'd suggest attacking the Cardassians. That way, J'mpok has a foothold in that area of the quadrant, which he can then exploit to pressure the Federation to allow forces through the wormhole.

Alternatively, the Transwarp conduit in the Omega Leonis Sector Block could be "pointed" at the Gamma Quadrant, bypassing the wormhole.

Just some food for thought. I'll still build off of your story idea, if yours is what you want to start off with.

Think I like yours more :)
    edited February 2013
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Undine - I can try to make sure that the war begins

Ask'kaar - not sure

I would really like the Ask'kaar involved. They really sound great. I would love to see what you do with them, hence my move towards the Cardassian sector.
    edited February 2013
    I would really like the Ask'kaar involved. They really sound great. I would love to see what you do with them, hence my move towards the Cardassian sector.

hmmm if i remember correctly I did put in one of the consoles in mirror wars the Ask'kaar declared war on the dominion in the latest part of the war, when they felt the dominion would invade regardless of whether they were neutral or not, leading the races they later subjecated againts, the dominion abandond the Ask'kaar front and headed for cardassia prime (Ds9 "What we leave behind")

Puzzled over the dominion withdrawel they began claiming worlds, harvesting everything of use then destroying any evidence of them ebing there.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • heissenburgheissenburg Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    To the best of my knowledge, the collective has yet to encounter the Dominion, it is only a matter of time before they do, though they do not seem to have done so yet.

The Collective's interest in the Alpha quadrant is still largely based on the fact that they are encountering resistance and that means that the races of the Alpha quadrant have knowledge, biology, and technology which would benifit the collective.

It is a shame that the Borg do not use spies or guile, I can think of many moves for them to make, but those moves are all much more Romulan than Borg.

If events happen in the Gamma quadrant through use of the transwarp conduits, I could easily have a borg patrol run into some Dominion scouts while searching for the source of a transwarp signature they detected in an unexplored region of space.

Fed side: A single small craft makes it through the wormhole and contacts Deep Space 9 fleeing from a strange new aggressor that has attacked their world. The player arrives only to be informed that the Jem'Hadar destroyed the emeny vessel with losses, the player is welcome to stay and help repair the colony if they share information about this "Borg" race. On the colony the player soon finds signs that the Jem'Hadar made a serious mistake, they allowed the Borg to establish a foothold.

That whole idea would need to be coordinated with the Dominion leader naturally.

If events are happening Cardie side, I've already put out an idea for it.

I'd probably make the Borg missions Fed playable as I find the Borg make an excellent foil for the Federation, though I'm not opposed to them being Klingon playable.

Fed side: The player is attempting to get survey the situation with J'mpok's new offensive. They encounter a Klingon distress beacon but cannot find a ship in sight. After tracking down the ship they beam over to search for survivors and render aid, but members of the team start going missing....

Klingon side: One of the warships in the offensive has been badly damaged in glorious battle and beams aboard a derelct Cardassian station for salvage and scrap so that they can get back into the fight, only to find that they aren't the only ones aboard.
    edited February 2013
    To the best of my knowledge, the collective has yet to encounter the Dominion, it is only a matter of time before they do, though they do not seem to have done so yet.

The Collective's interest in the Alpha quadrant is still largely based on the fact that they are encountering resistance and that means that the races of the Alpha quadrant have knowledge, biology, and technology which would benifit the collective.

It is a shame that the Borg do not use spies or guile, I can think of many moves for them to make, but those moves are all much more Romulan than Borg.

If events happen in the Gamma quadrant through use of the transwarp conduits, I could easily have a borg patrol run into some Dominion scouts while searching for the source of a transwarp signature they detected in an unexplored region of space.

Fed side: A single small craft makes it through the wormhole and contacts Deep Space 9 fleeing from a strange new aggressor that has attacked their world. The player arrives only to be informed that the Jem'Hadar destroyed the emeny vessel with losses, the player is welcome to stay and help repair the colony if they share information about this "Borg" race. On the colony the player soon finds signs that the Jem'Hadar made a serious mistake, they allowed the Borg to establish a foothold.

That whole idea would need to be coordinated with the Dominion leader naturally.

If events are happening Cardie side, I've already put out an idea for it.

I'd probably make the Borg missions Fed playable as I find the Borg make an excellent foil for the Federation, though I'm not opposed to them being Klingon playable.

Fed side: The player is attempting to get survey the situation with J'mpok's new offensive. They encounter a Klingon distress beacon but cannot find a ship in sight. After tracking down the ship they beam over to search for survivors and render aid, but members of the team start going missing....

Klingon side: One of the warships in the offensive has been badly damaged in glorious battle and beams aboard a derelct Cardassian station for salvage and scrap so that they can get back into the fight, only to find that they aren't the only ones aboard.

Canonically, the Dominion hasn't encountered the Borg yet.

However, I can't remember which novel series it is, but one of them depicts the Dominion busy in the Gamma Quadrant, fighting the Borg.

Also, remember, you have to build your story off of Darkfrontiers' storyline. Although your storyline holds promise, Darkfrontier values continuity off of his initial KDF story he posted a couple of posts back.
    Think I like yours more

edited February 2013
    I was basing those ideas off the one he just recently shared.

>J'mpok launches an attack against the wormhole aliens.

Now, If that is the case the Borg wont know about it for a good long time because they haven't encountered the Dominion or the wormhole aliens yet.

>Contribution to the thread: Perhaps he uses the transwarp network to get there.

In this case, it is possible the Borg will notice since Transwarp conduits are Borg technology which the Klingons and Feds have reverse engineered, the Borg might have some way of detecting them from very far off.

> Another suggestion contributing to the thread: The Klingons attack the Cardies first, intending to go for the wormhole later.

In this case, the Borg's involvement would be incidental but still logical as this is a destablized region of the alpha quadrant, a region the Borg are trying to attack as it is and close enough to their foothold on Deferi for there to have been a small taskforce there.

So yeah, I know I'll be building stories off what Dark Frontiers gives us to start with, I was just throwing out the ideas that came to me from what little he gave us to start thinking about.
  • rickysmith1rickysmith1 Member Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think the Ask'kaar could of been manipulated by the Undine to join the war as is members of the Federation (Thay can lias with me) and a rumour that the Breen leaders were killed for some 'unknown reason'.

Plus I always thought it would be cool, if the Borgs interest in the Federation was to MAKE them more technologically advanced by harrassing them... War those cause the largest technological boost! That's why they don't take an interest in the Dominion or the other 99% of the Galaxy...that we know of! Why go hunting for tech when you can breed cattle!? ;)
    I can hear the Queen now; "Your small mind is so 2 Dimensional, we have assimilated your ships, we know all you know, but it is just a taste of what lies in the rest of the Galaxy. We are Borg, we have seen every corner of this Galaxy and stepped foot in others as well as other dimensions".
    Hell maybe the Defari invasion is simply a plan to make the Federation expand and grow stronger, gaining the technology of the Preservers in the process!?

I got my story sorted, involves a skinney Ferengi, dead diplomats, an undine disguised as a commodore and plenty of space for comments Linking to other stories; "Did you hear about the Ask'kaar cruiser found adrift, all the crew gone, vanished as if they were going about their tasks, boots half polished, food half eaten"! ;)
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    Episode One - A Single Moment Episode Two - Infancy Episode Three - Unto the Breach
    Episode Four - Head Of A Needle Episode Five: The Duality of Men Episode Six - Redemption Earned
    Episode Seven - Shattered Universe Episode Eight - The Gepetto Condition Episode Nine - One Room, Two Officers
    Episode Ten - Beyond The Farthest Star Episode Eleven - It's OK, It Won't Hurt Episode Twelve - A Protracted Officer
    Episode Thirteen - Somewhen Episode Fourteen - The Boy Who Lived Episode Fifthteen - Empathy
    edited February 2013
    I have no plans for a Undine-Ask'kaar story board atm....

got a few ideas for the Klingons, Borg...

Klingons - bla bla bla... klingons do stuff for them... they give then X of item Y

Borg - Suffering from a genetic disease that is slowly bringing them to extinction the Ask'kaar science council come up with a twisted idea of allowing an Ask'kaar civilian ship to be assimilated, the Ask'kaar fleet will then intercept this borg vessel, rescue the assimilated victims, then return them home gaining the vast collective knowledge of the Borg.

^^^ and in the idea above you can have your Ask'kaar ship drifting through space.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited February 2013
    Ask'kaar Response

Using the Spoiler the Ask'kaar recovered from Nukara prime ("Depths of Nukara Prime" <<<--- another spoiler) the Ask'kaar capture a Jem'Hadar ship being used by the True way.

With mixed opinions on what to use the enemy vessel for the Ask'kaar decide the vessel is of no use, deciding to surrender it to the Federation the Ask'kaar navy using the Spoiler learn the Klingon Empire is planning an attack on the Bajoran anomoly (sp?) realising such an event will result in the deaths of thousands if not millions of lives, The Ask'kaar in their captured vessel decide to launch a scuicidle attack againts Qu'nos.

(Is that the sort of response to the mission you want? or should I tone it down a bit?)

Undine Response

Undine: lol stupid bipeds. ( if anyon wants to take over the undine im willing to surrender it so I can focus on the Ask'kaar)
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • vexravusvexravus Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If you're still looking and can't find anyone else willing or better (of which I'm sure there are many) then I'd be interested in helping out with this project. It sounds interesting. Of course, take a look at some of my previous work and decide if it's the sort of thing you're looking for. If you can't find anyone else interested in doing a Cardassian portion of this project I'd love to help.

My @handle is @xerosarmera - just so that you don't go looking for missions by vexravus. That's just my forum name (problem caused by account linking, still somewhat bitter). I also have a thread with information on all my Foundry work, there should be a link in my sig.

-XA
    edited February 2013
    vexravus wrote: »
    If you're still looking and can't find anyone else willing or better (of which I'm sure there are many) then I'd be interested in helping out with this project. It sounds interesting. Of course, take a look at some of my previous work and decide if it's the sort of thing you're looking for. If you can't find anyone else interested in doing a Cardassian portion of this project I'd love to help.

My @handle is @xerosarmera - just so that you don't go looking for missions by vexravus. That's just my forum name (problem caused by account linking, still somewhat bitter). I also have a thread with information on all my Foundry work, there should be a link in my sig.

-XA

Cardassians! Yes! :D
    edited February 2013
    I have no plans for a Undine-Ask'kaar story board atm....

got a few ideas for the Klingons, Borg...

Klingons - bla bla bla... klingons do stuff for them... they give then X of item Y

Borg - Suffering from a genetic disease that is slowly bringing them to extinction the Ask'kaar science council come up with a twisted idea of allowing an Ask'kaar civilian ship to be assimilated, the Ask'kaar fleet will then intercept this borg vessel, rescue the assimilated victims, then return them home gaining the vast collective knowledge of the Borg.

^^^ and in the idea above you can have your Ask'kaar ship drifting through space.

Sounds twisted, good view of the less advanced civilizations becoming desperate to have the capabilities the major powers have for granted.
    I wasn't gonna use the Ask'kaar rumour, its just an example so when people play one after the other they will go "ooh thats clever" :D

I had another thought about mine, when you learn *spoiler* is an Undine agent and you face him, your suddenly helped by *spoiler* who turns out to be a Founder Spy who with their greater exspierence of spying have started to track nearly every Undine spy on this side of the Wormhole to assess the growing threat.

I'm about to write up my basic story and ideas along with Spoilers so we can all start combining and creating. <<< sounds dirty :D lol
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    Episode One - A Single Moment Episode Two - Infancy Episode Three - Unto the Breach
    Episode Four - Head Of A Needle Episode Five: The Duality of Men Episode Six - Redemption Earned
    Episode Seven - Shattered Universe Episode Eight - The Gepetto Condition Episode Nine - One Room, Two Officers
    Episode Ten - Beyond The Farthest Star Episode Eleven - It's OK, It Won't Hurt Episode Twelve - A Protracted Officer
    Episode Thirteen - Somewhen Episode Fourteen - The Boy Who Lived Episode Fifthteen - Empathy
    edited February 2013
    Ask'kaar Response

Using the Spoiler the Ask'kaar recovered from Nukara prime ("Depths of Nukara Prime" <<<--- another spoiler) the Ask'kaar capture a Jem'Hadar ship being used by the True way.

With mixed opinions on what to use the enemy vessel for the Ask'kaar decide the vessel is of no use, deciding to surrender it to the Federation the Ask'kaar navy using the Spoiler learn the Klingon Empire is planning an attack on the Bajoran anomoly (sp?) realising such an event will result in the deaths of thousands if not millions of lives, The Ask'kaar in their captured vessel decide to launch a scuicidle attack againts Qu'nos.

(Is that the sort of response to the mission you want? or should I tone it down a bit?)

Undine Response

Undine: lol stupid bipeds. ( if anyon wants to take over the undine im willing to surrender it so I can focus on the Ask'kaar)

Nope all great :)
    edited February 2013
    vexravus wrote: »

-XA

Welcome on board mate. We will be helping each other so if anything, we will all be learning a thing or two :)
    edited February 2013
    (UFP)
    You are sent to assist an old freind; Miral Paris and a Defari Diplomat to negotiate peace between the Klingon and Cardassian powers before all out war is declared.
    However before the meeting begins there is an explosion and both sides are blaming the other.
    You are ordered to track the attackers and prevent war before it begins, in the investigation you detect nano-explosives in the blood of one of the Starfleet Security Guards.
    With the trail going cold on who supplied the drug or how they invested his blood system, you recieve word from an old freind at Starfleet Academy who has a lead on the supplier, you go to meet his ship but find it destroyed from an internal explosion (sabotage), uploading the Data Recorder you recover a hidden message stating he is a member of Section 31 and they provided him with a name; Ginta, a Ferengi Arms Dealer.

You locate him on one of his Casino Ships and fight your way through the night club before questioning him, you eventually learn that he was paid to feed an unknown substance to a Starfleet Officer that passed one of his Casino Ships a week Earlier.
    He identifys the buyer as Commodore Winston, currently in command of a task group along the Cardassian Border.

Confronting the Commodore in private he openly admits everything, along side several Starfleet Captains, that they provided a classified Weapon (nano-explosives) and planned the assination by giving the Defari Ambassador the proximity detonator within a braclet.
    That they knew the War would be coming eventually and they simply wanted to trigger it so that the surrounding powers wouldnt be in position to wage war against the Federation.
    However when you try to arrest him yo are forced to defend yourself against the Captains and Bridge Crew, he then reveals himself to be an Undine Infiltrator, working on a grand scale plot/plan to weaken the Alpha Quadrent powers.
    The surprise doesn't stop their, his Commander reveals himself to be a Founder infiltrator and assists in stoping the Undine. Then once the Founder explains itself it vanishes into the air ducks.

Hours later as you report to Starfleet Command your findings, you are told it was for nothing as the two Fleets are gearing to attack each other at the Santos System, you are sent with command over the Task Group.
    Upon arriving you are welcomed by two vaste fleets ready to do battle, each hail and offer for you to join them... which one will you be forced to fire upon? Your choice!?

This is just a brief summary of course. :) Might Spell Check it later!
    Plus I'll re-do the Galactic Map tomorrow so we can keep editing and brain storming the Story.
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    edited February 2013
    Ricky's brief story inspired something in me just now...

Remember Deep Space Nine? The Dominion War story arc took a while to start, but eventually it quickened.

Perhaps we could do something similar!

1) The first episode's author creates a conflict. It's small, but has the potential to explode into something much larger. Note that this conflict is NOT the main point of the episode's plot, it's more of a hint.

2) Each author after the first episode: Depicts ONE of the two things:

2a) How the small "conflict seed" affects their chosen faction and its individuals and society, causing their faction to Respond.
    2b) How their faction reacts to another episode's Response.

Bam! Pretty soon, a small little, insignificant incident blows up into a major plot idea that can be utilized in the episodes, or even sequel story arcs!
    edited February 2013
    Ricky's brief story inspired something in me just now...

Sweet :D

Yeah I hope it works out like that, give the players choices at the end of each episode and from there we guide the story in a slow build up. Players get enough action in STO, lets give them the next level in Foundry Story telling... I'm even using the TNG to inspire all of what I do on here as a personal rule given I got the UFP.

ironic thought: after several episodes when everything has built up to a climax... Why not have the Tholians charge in on a white horse? It will add mystery because the only explanation for their total uncharacteristic behavour is the assumption that they know something worse is coming!
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    edited February 2013
    Sweet :D

Yeah I hope it works out like that, give the players choices at the end of each episode and from there we guide the story in a slow build up. Players get enough action in STO, lets give them the next level in Foundry Story telling... I'm even using the TNG to inspire all of what I do on here as a personal rule given I got the UFP.

ironic thought: after several episodes when everything has built up to a climax... Why not have the Tholians charge in on a white horse? It will add mystery because the only explanation for their total uncharacteristic behavour is the assumption that they know something worse is coming!

Ricky, please send me a PM immediately about this. :)
    edited February 2013
    hey ricky.. tryed talking to you in game earlier.. but for whatever reason you wernt responding.. or I wasnt reciving it.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited February 2013
    I'll PM ya both when I get back from work tomorrow. I did reply to you Thay but it might of not sent.

What's your in-game Stardestroyer?
    STAR TREK CONTINUES
    edited February 2013
    My ingame handle is @stardestroyer001.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ooh! sounds fun, I'm @marhawkman
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited February 2013
    Ricky's idea sounds awesome, and I definately like the idea of giving the players a choice and using the player reviews to organize future messages.

I think about what could be the growing crisis looming from my side is. I mean it could be as simple as "do we focus our energy on the Borg or (issue X way over there).

Conflict within the collective has been done before in TNG with Hugh and Lore and in Voyager with the Borg Dream-world.

That could play into the Ash'kaar story if I can find a way to make custome drones. A liberated Borg Ash'kaar could serve as an intermediary pointing the player's faction (Probably UFP) towards information about a growing split in the collective. The player's delima is whether or not to risk their ship and crew to assist the rebellious drones or to investigate an alpha quadrant race that has access to Borg technology (and if it wasn't careful, might have an infestation to worry about).

Still just bouncing ideas around that come up through this thread.

Handle is @Heissenburg

Will likely be securing Temporal Ambassador for my last character later today and then working on "Do Crystal Spider's Dream" a little more. I've been having some trouble with makeshift time'd event triggers (Setting allied ships to kill enemy ships to trigger something else). I don't have a "Component Destroyed" trigger option only "Component Complete" and that only seems to trigger if the player is involved. Also, ground maps are taking me a little while. I don't have any really impressive surprises like I've seen the rest of you putting forward, but I hope it will be an enjoyable entry all the same.
    edited February 2013
    Ricky's idea sounds awesome, and I definately like the idea of giving the players a choice and using the player reviews to organize future messages.

I think about what could be the growing crisis looming from my side is. I mean it could be as simple as "do we focus our energy on the Borg or (issue X way over there).

Conflict within the collective has been done before in TNG with Hugh and Lore and in Voyager with the Borg Dream-world.

That could play into the Ash'kaar story if I can find a way to make custome drones. A liberated Borg Ash'kaar could serve as an intermediary pointing the player's faction (Probably UFP) towards information about a growing split in the collective. The player's delima is whether or not to risk their ship and crew to assist the rebellious drones or to investigate an alpha quadrant race that has access to Borg technology (and if it wasn't careful, might have an infestation to worry about).

Still just bouncing ideas around that come up through this thread.

Handle is @Heissenburg

Will likely be securing Temporal Ambassador for my last character later today and then working on "Do Crystal Spider's Dream" a little more. I've been having some trouble with makeshift time'd event triggers (Setting allied ships to kill enemy ships to trigger something else). I don't have a "Component Destroyed" trigger option only "Component Complete" and that only seems to trigger if the player is involved. Also, ground maps are taking me a little while. I don't have any really impressive surprises like I've seen the rest of you putting forward, but I hope it will be an enjoyable entry all the same.

When I can publish "Depths of Nukara Prime" anyone who wants to do a mission following on from what happend there are more than welcome too. (and what will happen will definatly attract the attention of the Federation.)

I can show you how to make Female custom drones... (cant get males to work) which works fine as the Ask'kaar are a female dominate race.. that and their rather easy to make too... I was going to make something alien looking but decided.. "i'll do it the trek way" so i gave them a nose detail and boom.. done.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • fu11ofstarsfu11ofstars Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hi all. I've been following this discussion and really enjoying it.

Since the only group left looks to be the Ferengi, I'd be willing to take them.

I haven't been able to be ingame for a while because of work commitments, but I think this sort of structured story is just the thing I need to get back into the Foundry.

Since the Tholians have come up, I'll offer an idea I've been playing with for a while. The STO version of the Star Trek universe has basically drawn a line between the Tholian interest in space-time gates/phenomena and the Iconians.

I've been thinking alot about whether the Tholians might be a long lost branch of the Iconian species, or one of the groups that bombarded the Iconian homeworld (and took from their experience under Iconian rule an interest in gateways in space-time).

Just a thought. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

My ingame name is @mygoditsfullofstars.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hmm... ST, especially TOS, had several references to races tha had imigrated to the milky Way from Andromeda. On of the (non canon) computer games had the idea that the Tholians were one of those races.

But... The Tholians have always been monkeying with stuff like that. Seriously, the FIRST episode with the Tholians had them experimenting with rifts between universes.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited February 2013
    Hi all. I've been following this discussion and really enjoying it.

Since the only group left looks to be the Ferengi, I'd be willing to take them.

I haven't been able to be ingame for a while because of work commitments, but I think this sort of structured story is just the thing I need to get back into the Foundry.

Since the Tholians have come up, I'll offer an idea I've been playing with for a while. The STO version of the Star Trek universe has basically drawn a line between the Tholian interest in space-time gates/phenomena and the Iconians.

I've been thinking alot about whether the Tholians might be a long lost branch of the Iconian species, or one of the groups that bombarded the Iconian homeworld (and took from their experience under Iconian rule an interest in gateways in space-time).

Just a thought. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

My ingame name is @mygoditsfullofstars.

I thought about that but came to the conclusion of "can they survive in a class Y enviroment?"
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
This discussion has been closed.